Being a late bloomer has me chasing drama, validation, and sex isn't enough....

Orelfius

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: Being a late bloomer has me chasing drama, validation, and sex isn't enough.

Fuji Follower said:
OP was in high school, he saw other guys go to nice parties, enjoy time with hot girls, and get thought of as the cool kids while he wasn't. Same with college, he saw other guys go to fun events with hot girls and he thought of them as the cool kids, he missed out there. I think what OP really wants and needs is that sense of belonging to a group of people that has the hot girls and some of the cool guys in it. It doesn't even have to do with parties or anything, he just wants that sense of belonging.

That sense of feeling acknowledged, recognized, accepted, and belonging to that kind of a group.

Yes and no.

I think the OP WANT all that, but imho what he NEED is to experience all this in order to discover that it's mostly a big fluke, not the real deal, so he can finally move to the next step of life and stop being stuck there.

That's the kind of stuff you have to experience by yourself, until that, you cannot really move on.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Re: Being a late bloomer has me chasing drama, validation, and sex isn't enough.

Orelfius said:
Fuji Follower said:
OP was in high school, he saw other guys go to nice parties, enjoy time with hot girls, and get thought of as the cool kids while he wasn't. Same with college, he saw other guys go to fun events with hot girls and he thought of them as the cool kids, he missed out there. I think what OP really wants and needs is that sense of belonging to a group of people that has the hot girls and some of the cool guys in it. It doesn't even have to do with parties or anything, he just wants that sense of belonging.

That sense of feeling acknowledged, recognized, accepted, and belonging to that kind of a group.

Yes and no.

I think the OP WANT all that, but imho what he NEED is to experience all this in order to discover that it's mostly a big fluke, not the real deal, so he can finally move to the next step of life and stop being stuck there.

That's the kind of stuff you have to experience by yourself, until that, you cannot really move on.

I don't think what he really needs to experience is the parties alone. What he actually needs to experience is validation, acceptance, and belonging among a group of hot girls and cool guys. With that being said, believe me, that stuff is not a fluke. Pointless partying might be but that stuff is not.

Orelfius

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Fuji Follower said:
I don't think what he really needs to experience is the parties alone. What he actually needs to experience is validation, acceptance, and belonging among a group of hot girls and cool guys. With that being said, believe me, that stuff is not a fluke.

What I mean is that he need to experience that EXTERNAL source of validation (acceptance, and belonging among a group of hot girls and cool guys, etc.) are a fluke. That in the long run, true validation come from within, from your inner self.

But you need to experience external source of validation, get bored and disappointed by them, and then, find the internal source of emotional validation. It have to be lived through.

>