When a girl doesn't hook

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
On NYE, was out in a small bar and at around 3am, it was already starting to empty out. I saw 2 girls sitting down looking bored on their phones so I sat next to the hot one leaving some distance. Opened basic with happy new year blah blah then said something along the lines of "writing your new year's resolutions I see" as she was still on her phone.

Got a bit of a smirk from the hot one but she was clearly distracted. Her friend was more open but she was on the other side of her friend so it was awkward to speak to her. I did a cold read on the hot one predicting what her resolutions which kind of got her intrigued but then she replied with "my resolutions are private".

The vibe I got from her was "I know what you are doing and so far nothing impresses me". Ive had that feeling quite a few times with girls, particularly on night game. Its not a 'leave me alone' but at same time, they are not giving much to go on with.

Is it worth to keep stabbing in the dark? At rare times, you hit something that sparks interest and the vibe completely changes, but sometimes the pressure keeps rising until I eject.

Obviously she was msging someone so could have just wanted to get rid so she can focus but at the same time, she wasn't in a rush so I'm not sure if its worth being a little persistent.

PeacockMan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Is it worth to keep stabbing in the dark? At rare times, you hit something that sparks interest and the vibe completely changes, but sometimes the pressure keeps rising until I eject.

Yes keep talking especially early in the conversation that can happen with some girls. Hey I'm new on the forum but my game is decent but not as advanced as some other guys. So the advise I'd share will be in this link below

And then these

PeacockMan

Will_V

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
On NYE, was out in a small bar and at around 3am, it was already starting to empty out. I saw 2 girls sitting down looking bored on their phones so I sat next to the hot one leaving some distance. Opened basic with happy new year blah blah then said something along the lines of "writing your new year's resolutions I see" as she was still on her phone.

Got a bit of a smirk from the hot one but she was clearly distracted. Her friend was more open but she was on the other side of her friend so it was awkward to speak to her. I did a cold read on the hot one predicting what her resolutions which kind of got her intrigued but then she replied with "my resolutions are private".

The vibe I got from her was "I know what you are doing and so far nothing impresses me". Ive had that feeling quite a few times with girls, particularly on night game. Its not a 'leave me alone' but at same time, they are not giving much to go on with.

Obviously she was msging someone so could have just wanted to get rid so she can focus but at the same time, she wasn't in a rush so I'm not sure if its worth being a little persistent.

Typically this reaction happens when you do enough to elicit a social response, but you otherwise come off weakly, such as she saw you preparing to approach for too long, your approach was unconfident/meek, your fundamentals are not on par with what she expects, etc. Her frame is basically communicating that you have no authority. Without seeing the approach it's hard to say exactly what was the issue.

When this happens, if she's alone I will usually go for a more provocative and teasing angle to shake loose her feeling of being in control.

When there's two, you're probably best off creating some interesting conversation with the friend and then turning it back to the hot one a little each time she shows interest. You sort of started that with the cold read but cold reads to cold customers in my experience don't work out that well, they come off as you being attentive/interested when she's not. You probably would have been best off cold reading the friend and then making the hot one feel left out.

When you get caught in a situation like that where there's a disinterested girl next to you and an interested one on the other side, don't be afraid to change things up. You can walk around and stand next to the interested friend and say 'I'm going to talk to you as you seem nicer' and give her an conspiratorial smile and wink or something, it would definitely get a reaction out of the hot one and that's sort of what you need to get something going.

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yes keep talking especially early in the conversation that can happen with some girls. Hey I'm new on the forum but my game is decent but not as advanced as some other guys. So the advise I'd share will be in this link below

And then these

PeacockMan

Thanks for the links. The first one really hit a spot. I have started using stories but do feel strange when I need to be the main talker for a long time. I dont like being centre of attention or the main person talking for too long even when it is going well.

Typically this reaction happens when you do enough to elicit a social response, but you otherwise come off weakly, such as she saw you preparing to approach for too long, your approach was unconfident/meek, your fundamentals are not on par with what she expects, etc. Her frame is basically communicating that you have no authority. Without seeing the approach it's hard to say exactly what was the issue.

When this happens, if she's alone I will usually go for a more provocative and teasing angle to shake loose her feeling of being in control.

When there's two, you're probably best off creating some interesting conversation with the friend and then turning it back to the hot one a little each time she shows interest. You sort of started that with the cold read but cold reads to cold customers in my experience don't work out that well, they come off as you being attentive/interested when she's not. You probably would have been best off cold reading the friend and then making the hot one feel left out.

When you get caught in a situation like that where there's a disinterested girl next to you and an interested one on the other side, don't be afraid to change things up. You can walk around and stand next to the interested friend and say 'I'm going to talk to you as you seem nicer' and give her an conspiratorial smile and wink or something, it would definitely get a reaction out of the hot one and that's sort of what you need to get something going.

Very useful advice, thank you. My approach wasnt great because the bar was too quiet by that point, and so she could see me approaching from far. It felt too planned.

I should have spoken more to the other girl, but we were all sat on same side with hot girl in the middle, so it was awkward to talk over her. But I think the confidence to go around the table and seat next to the friendlier girl would have actually worked really well. The hot girl was used to getting all the attention, which is probably why the other girl was friendlier.

Reading all the links Peacock sent, and your advice - I think I realised I'm still too much conflct avoidant. I dont avoid conflict anymore when my own boundaries are imposed, and I only do what I want to do, but when it comes to asking others to invest, or 'demanding' the time of someone, I do feel the pressure. I rather eject than annoy someone which I dont think this case was.

She wasn't annoyed, she just didnt think I had any authority like you said. I do think there was a chance to at least improve my standing if I had persisted, and definitely if I had spoken to her friend. After all, they were sat on their own with nothing fun happening, whereas I at least had social proof as me and my friends were all having fun.

I have an issue with over-teasing, so while that may have been appropriate here, im actively trying to be more mindful of doing it before girls know me a little better.

I think my main 2 takeaways (apart from the obvious of keep improving fundamentals) are:

1) Be more persistent for a while in these scenarios as im ejecting too early.

2) Use a wider variety of tools (stories, taking away attention, cold reads, light banter, social proof etc) to help get the hook if something isnt working.

Those 2 together should help me break through the limiting belief i seem to have that if someone doesnt hook relatively quickly, they dont want you there. And in reality, most girls are quick to disengage if they are completely not interested.

Jan

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Typically this reaction happens when you do enough to elicit a social response, but you otherwise come off weakly, such as she saw you preparing to approach for too long, your approach was unconfident/meek, your fundamentals are not on par with what she expects, etc. Her frame is basically communicating that you have no authority.
If that's the underlying problem, I guess getting more social proof should help too.

>