What to do when journey gets tough

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I am 4.5 months into going out and approaching .

And currently facing lot of issues in game like repeated flakes , ghosting, not able to reach Hook point consistently , girls being dismissive of me over text , sometimes not even attending my calls ....

A voice inside me wants to quit pickup but another voice says " fuck that " ( inspired by Jon Jones quote ) .

Even though I do know what to do now ( talking about technical stuff here) .... It just feels like doing things over and over again while sucking at the same time too .

I have been going out even when I don't want to .

I mean what should be my perspective while going through this phase where I am facing all kind of shit but don't want to back off now ....

Lucky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My personal drive

I've always thought about the end goal and what I'm trying to achieve, that's what motivates me and keeps me focused

figure any obstacle is to be overcome and just serves to create a greater story

that's been my personal mindset to keep moving forward.

* however it's also important to have short breaks else you'll burn out, it's okay to just go out for fun every once in a while.
(like just a day long break on a usual PU day)

And maybe this article by Hector might provide a different perspective on all this
The Warriors Smile

on the more technical side
(maybe I'll hit something you missed?)

Hector's YT has covers a lot of those issues if your looking for a more natural perspective (especially with texting)

or Aleks Hooking among other series for more technical perspective on hooks and any issue which can occur

And skills texting guides are good

Hooks
personally in terms of hooks I tend to use a variety of things but what consistently works for me (and is congruent and fun for myself)

is Curiosity Gambits, Reality Paces (RPOs) or just banter if I feel like it.

the top two being technical however you can change it to be more congruent with yourself once you've got the hang of it (RPOs especially)

which is why I use them + it keeps things switched up and interesting

hopefully this is of some help and best of luck with the continued journey :)

Last edited:

Kaida

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Celebrate the little wins.

Whenever a girl smiles at you, gives you her number, or texts you back mentally celebrate or do a fist pump.

Take it as a sign you are improving (because you are!)

Think back to times when you werent getting as much attention from women as you are now

How happy would THAT version of you be to get the attention you’re getting now?

Every great seducer has gone through countless rejections and flakes. You’re not special

Its a non-negotiable stop on the road to mastery

Learn to enjoy it

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
keep going to experience some fulfillment, but keep in mind there will be levels where it becomes hard again...the resilience you build in these currently tough times will help you conquer the future challenges for more fulfillment

Last edited:

Gram

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
This is the thread I needed. Thanks @Spyce D.

I've worked on my fundamentals so they are pretty solid but I've stalled out on perfecting them and going out to practice. Perhaps it's a natural rhythm of advance/regroup, advance/regroup, etc... And then I plan to continue to improve my techniques in conversation. So plenty of good work ahead once I pull out of this stall.

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Ok ... So , I think it's better to just suck it up and put in the reps.

I have definitely improved myself .

I started from a place with no female interaction , 1-2 friends who were negative to getting dates , getting instagrams , meeting new women , having folks asking me to go out with them for wings .

Let's see how far can I go in next 4.5 months .

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
keep going to experience some fulfillment, but keep in mind there will be levels where it becomes hard again...the resilience you build in these currently tough times will help you conquer the future challenges for more fulfillment

Yup , the amount of mental toughness I have built to keep on facing my fears , new situations is becoming visible .

I am learning to let go if things if things don't go my way .

This is the thread I needed. Thanks @Spyce D.
Appreciate it , man .

And thanks @Kaida , @Lucky for your words man . I needed those words cuz sometimes it can be bit demotivating to still put in the work when we are learning the ropes .

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I don't think it's that deep, you either want the end goal bad enough or you don't lol.

Things that helped me:

1. Understand that everyone faces rejection the majority of times. Even the guys who make it look easy.

2. Track everything & celebrate small wins. Once upon a time my goal was 50% date to lay ratio, now 66% is a "bad" year for me

3. Connect with like minded guys on the same journey because they'll get it

4. Take adhoc breaks to just "live" underrated thing that no one talks about. Sometimes just focus on hobbies/friends then come back to girls

5. Learn to laugh at yourself --> most useful for me, none of this really matters, all this fuss over genitals but alas we're only human

x5 different girls in a week flake? Had it. Laughed, improved and kept it moving. Girl you really like just ghost? Gained more composure. Girl you take to a club get f'd by a promotor? Learn and charge it to the game. I'm glad it all happened because my love life is great now and I know I have the ability to build it from scratch if it ever went to 0 too.

Persistence is what separates the losers from the winners.

Pick a side x

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I did go out today .... Even though just wanted to stay at home and relax .

Maybe its due to my lifestyle that I don't have this drive that I had some time ago .
I had that drive which helped me during the severe
AA phase .
I need it back , ig .

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Connect with like minded guys on the same journey because they'll get it
This is something that I am struggling with .

The guys I was with in this journey stopped going out or if they do ... They just can't approach .

I have gotten better in level but they have stagnated ..even the folks
Who were above me in July .

And it's like people don't go out to game cuz of life issues , personal issues .

This video is something that can explain the situation .

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This is something that I am struggling with .

The guys I was with in this journey stopped going out or if they do ... They just can't approach .

TLDR: Take action & overcome your struggles. There's no alternative and journaling or meditating can help if you're feeling emotional.

Long version: I've noticed this re-occurring trend in you and I'm going to call you out on it.

You keep seeking outside help/companionship when you're not ready

Respectfully just reading through your posts you aren't someone I'd want to hang out with (yet). There's too much thinking, borderline moping/feeling sorry for yourself and not enough action. Rather then your posts being:

"I've tried xyz to fix my issue what else can I try?" it's always "I'm struggling."

You get what you don't need - it's one of those weird laws of life.

When coming out of a hiatus it's only when you've been getting laid with new girls that old girls start texting you.

When you build a circle of friends you're happy with, that's when new potentials come up and you find yourself vetting them

You're trying to attract a crowd that you aren't ready for yet. You're in no-man's land where you've outgrown your past relationships but you aren't qualified for the ones you're aspiring for.

It's like me trying to be friend's with multi-millionaires now... It would just get awkward when I can't afford their lunch at a cafe 50/50 bill.

I've been guilty of this too by the way so it's not a judgement.

Top level guys want to be around other top level guys or at least guys with (some realised) potential.

If it's a case that you live in an area with low ambition, pack up your bags and leave to somewhere better.

Makings posts online won't fix offline problems

All the best x

DWW

P.S I won't be replying to anymore of these because they're getting repetitive

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Respectfully just reading through your posts you aren't someone I'd want to hang out with (yet). There's too much thinking, borderline moping/feeling sorry for yourself and not enough action.
Well that's my fault cuz I am not writing frs ..even though I have been going out 3-4 times / week .

I just focused on asking abstract questions , I guess .
You're trying to attract a crowd that you aren't ready for yet. You're in no-man's land where you've outgrown your past relationships but you aren't qualified for the ones you're aspiring for.
I agree . Without a doubt .

Makings posts online won't fix offline problems
Again ,. I agree .

Maybe , I should just write frs , and practical questions from now on .
Cuz I don't want to come across as a sorry sap .

>