"Want to do something" -> 'maybe, what did you have in mind?'

Dragonetti

Space Monkey
space monkey
What's the the correct way to respond in this situation?

I ask a woman, "Wanna hang on Thursday?"

She replies: "Perhaps, what were you thinking?"

Seems like she's asking me to prove myself to her, which is a bad frame.

Lover

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Now that you asked her if she wanna hang as the first thing, she's going to need to know what plans you had in mind. And, of course, what time it will be.

Turn it around and tell her "depends on what time you're available". Since she said perhaps, she may be available at some point that day

She tells you her schedule for that day

Then you write "great! [And tell her what you had in mind]"

Or if you're not available at that time yourself: "bummer. We have to reschedule actually. First beer [or whatever] is on me!"

A less risky way of asking her out for another time, in this order:

1. Optional but absolutely helpful: get the conversation to a high note

2. Suggest something you can do together

3. Ask about her schedule for the next few days (or the next seven days if you yourself or you both are busy people)

4. Pick the time that suits you best

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You put yourself in that situation by being vague with your invitation. She could be testing your frame, but personally, I think she is genuinely curious about your intentions/plan.

At minimum, say "Lets grab a drink on Thursday".

Slightly better - first get her schedule. "What are your plans this week?" or if you can only do Thursday "Got any plans this thursday?". Then go on to your date idea.

Even better, sell the date so well that she is chasing you. This requires a bit of text banter/inside jokes/callback humour, to work best but can work wonders.

>