Slept with a girl, now wants to just be friends because we have mutual friends

anon123

Space Monkey
space monkey
Met, instantly hit it off, slept together. Planned a date a few days later, where she said because she is new in town and we have many of the same friends, would be best to ‘not have any sexual or romantic context for now’ because she doesn’t want to risk any drama or losing the great friends she has recently made as she is just starting to build her new life here.

She seems very confident in general, but also shy and uncertain in ways. She says she had a great time on the date, but it felt a bit off to me. We had a fun time but not the same lighthearted (and physical/sexual) vibe from the first encounter. She told me she suffers from anxiety, has past trauma, and can excessively worry about stuff (she even admitted she may be overthinking things with me). She actually asked if she could stay over after the date but unfortunately logistics made it impossible.

I think she is uncertain about what she wants and is still weighing me up? The sex was incredible and I made sure she orgasmed at least twice. She messages 2-3 times per day though the vibe feels a bit stale recently compared to our first two encounters. It is just hard to gauge where she is at.

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Disregard messages regarding being just friends, set up to meet. If she says just as friends, rephrase it as "yep just fun vibes", escalate as if you would with a girl you are going on a first date and use plausible deniability to get her back to yours. If she talks about sex - "You are the one who keeps talking about sex - no funny business happening tonight" etc etc. Back to yours, set up the mood first 5 minutes and go for the kiss + escalate. Might have to go two steps forward, one step back - just agree with her "We shouldn't be doing this" and then escalate anyway.

anon123

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks man. Excellent advice. She out of town on a work trip for the next few days so I’ve been resisting texting her. We have 4-5 messages back and forth with good banter, then I just leave it for two days before keeping it going.

When she gets back to town I will set up something to do together that will be fun and get the logistics locked down so I go to her place or she comes to mine and then do my best to pull it off like you are suggesting.

It seems she really is still keen, but is either pretending to play hard to get, or has real concerns about banging someone (again) who’s close friends with her friends but is still thinking about whether she cares about that or not. I am just going to assume it is going definitely going to work out unless I hit a point where it doesn’t.

>