Should You Delay Sleeping with a Girl for a Better LTR?

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Respect for sharing openly.

Where I'm from, some dating advisors recommend that girls that are tired of the guy leaving after they get together, start holding off on sleeping with the guy until things are serious. Perhaps something similar could apply to guys as well, like an extension of CJ's girlfriend approach. Mindset would be part of this... If one is "dating to start a family", that would probably yield a different approach than "dating to conquer", for example. The Art of Manliness propagates such an approach.

Last edited:

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Respect for sharing openly.
Thanks TestY.
Where I'm from, some dating advisors recommend that girls that are tired of the guy leaving after they get together, start holding off on sleeping with the guy until things are serious.
Yeah, board member @Vision is one of those guys. Traditional wisdom in the community is that this gives the woman more power in the relationship, which is obviously a bad thing. Women already have the upper hand in many ways in this society.

Although I've been considering that the MAN might be the one to hold off on sex if he wants to assure long-term compatibility. So he's not the one chasing and she's not the one holding out... that shouldn't give her additional power.

The problem with that approach is that women are chameleons. As soon as you telegraph that you're looking for a "good girl", she will present herself as such, whether she actually is one, or not.

Just last month I saw this play out (yet again) with a good friend of mine who's a devout catholic and who ran that approach on a girl he met at his church. Traditional courtship, approval of the priest, holding off on sex, the whole nine yards... only to find her cheating a few months later.
The Art of Manliness propagates such an approach.
I'm open minded, I started reading the article, but he lost me right at the beginning when he bases his thesis on a scientific study that finds, quote:

"when love and commitment is expressed after a couple becomes sexually involved, “the experience is perceived as a negative turning point, evoking regret, uncertainty, discomfort, and prompting apologies.” Metts did not find a significant difference in this pattern between men and women."

That does not match my experience at all.

I mean... not one bit.

I have considered the possibility of building a massive social circle, and being "just friends" with dozens or a couple of hundred women. And then getting sexually involved only after I know their character.

But, it's just a thought experiment for now. I'm not sure how this could really work in this promiscuous society. And we all have short-term needs as well, at least that seems to be the case for me.

It's something I'm still working on in my noggin. Thanks for your thoughts!

Last edited:

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
I'm open minded, I started reading the article, but he lost me right at the beginning when he bases his thesis on a scientific study that finds, quote:

"when love and commitment is expressed after a couple becomes sexually involved, “the experience is perceived as a negative turning point, evoking regret, uncertainty, discomfort, and prompting apologies.” Metts did not find a significant difference in this pattern between men and women."

Just read that article and it was gay as fuck. Do not recommend anyone wasting their time on that

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just read that article and it was gay as fuck. Do not recommend anyone wasting their time on that
Relax my dude... Where's your etiquette and good manners - you should take a lesson from Chase.
Additionally, I'm of the belief that Brett McKay is probably more masculine and respectable than you. And that he has a better vision of proper manhood. Hard to call his approach to family and marriage weak.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Relax my dude... Where's your etiquette and good manners - you should take a lesson from Chase.
Additionally, I'm of the belief that Brett McKay is probably more masculine and respectable than you. And that he has a better vision of proper manhood. Hard to call his approach to family and marriage weak.
Brah! That article was horrible.... No offense, you have 3 of the seniors in agreement for a reason...

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Brah! That article was horrible.... No offense, you have 3 of the seniors in agreement for a reason...
Oh, wow ; )
I think there's something to be said for civility, no? No need for the guy to disrespect even if he disagrees.
On the topic itself, I'm not surprised to see some veteran gamers be skeptical about AoM's message. I prefer CJ's approach:

I have lost most interest in Same Night Lays. Though, I still love teaching and talking about it. It’s funny because when I got SNLs down I really thought THAT would be IT. I thought I would just be in hog heaven. Well, I was for awhile
In fact, I got to the point where I rarely needed more than ONE NIGHT to achieve it.
And… it was fun! For awhile at least… then it got to be kind of normal but the REAL result of achieving that goal shook me up a bit.
The reason?
Well, it didn’t actually give me what I REALLY wanted. That happens sometimes. You start off with one goal, achieve it and then think, “Hey, you know, this isn’t quite what I wanted. I need to re-examine this. “You see, I realized what I REALLY wanted was more like this… Get good at getting high quality women to become my girlfriend and have the assurance of knowing that, if for some reason it doesn’t work out, I can go find another one in short order.
Now, a couple of guys asked me some questions in this basic vein: “Weren’t you afraid if you didn’t close the deal right then you’d lose her?” That is a bit of a risk… however, I learned that it is usually such a shock to them that it PULLS ALL their attention away from any other men in their lives and focuses on you. So, it’s a very small risk to take for the amount of benefit it creates.
The hotter and/or more “in demand” they are the more true it is. Remember, every other guy is either trying to play super nice thinking eventually she’ll see what a great guy he is and then give in (barf)… or, rushing hastily to closing the deal.
In both of these cases the relationship (if there is one) starts off on the “wrong foot” and so there always remains a little seed of doubt that could grow into something bigger later on. But there you are… being unlike anything she’s ever encountered before. And that sets you up in the best possible position to create the relationship and keep it going strong. If she wins then she not only gets YOU she gets something else and she wants it ALMOST bad as she wants you.

Good old DrJekyll, originator of the "Shock and Awe"-approach wrote much the same thing back in 2008:
The addiction to sex is a terrible thing because sex for you becomes empty. You cannot stop this from happening if you're fucking lots of chicks. There's nothing you can do about it. It's like Pavlov's dog. You can't stop it. When you sleep around - and do not kid yourself about your ability to resist the temptation to do so when it becomes very easy for you - you condition your mind.
You have sex with a random chick, and get that 'hit' of feeling like the fucking man because you just fucked a random chick. And you do it again, and again. And again. And again.
And then you meet some girl you really like - which is the reason most guys get into this - and you get into a relationship with her. And you have sex.
And after about a month ... You've done everything to her that you can do. And no matter how hot she is, you cannot get that "yeah, I just fucked a hot chick" buzz off her anymore.

You see, what would normally replace that ego hit - that sex would be a deep and mutually connective and loving experience - just isn't there for you anymore because you have conditioned your mind to equate sex with victory.
I have not seen anyone do this and not be hurt by it.

a) destroying their respect for relationships.
b) destroying their ability to trust women
c) obliterating their belief in love.
That last one's a pretty fucking big one, man. And this shit isn't academic, it is your future life.

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
Garbage article. I’d easily bet that the top seducers on this forum have far more experience with women & relationships than than the author of that blog. With a conservative readership he’s also limited in his messaging - he couldn’t possibly come out and say “move quickly, fuck girls as fast as possible to get your relationship started on the right foot”. His readers would have a fit, that’s not what they want to hear..
Oh, wow ; )
I think there's something to be said for civility, no? No need for the guy to disrespect even if he disagrees.
On the topic itself, I'm not surprised to see some veteran gamers be skeptical about AoM's message. I prefer CJ's approach:

Good old DrJekyll, originator of the "Shock and Awe"-approach wrote much the same thing back in 2008:
lol how much experience do YOU actually have? The field is king my friend. Go out there and see for yourself what works ;) there’s a reason many of us have converged on similar conclusions and can call out these articles as BS

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Garbage article. I’d easily bet that the top seducers on this forum have far more experience with women & relationships than than the author of that blog. With a conservative readership he’s also limited in his messaging - he couldn’t possibly come out and say “move quickly, fuck girls as fast as possible to get your relationship started on the right foot”. His readers would have a fit, that’s not what they want to hear..

lol how much experience do YOU actually have? The field is king my friend. Go out there and see for yourself what works ;) there’s a reason many of us have converged on similar conclusions and can call out these articles as BS
I'm fine with disagreement. But straight out disrespect is uncalled for.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Oh, wow ; )
On the topic itself, I'm not surprised to see some veteran gamers be skeptical about AoM's message.
Sorry to also rain on your parade, but that's not the proper way to start a meaningful relationship.
That article is just flawed.
And I'm not KJ ing, because I've done both styles with women that I ended up loving for real.

Exhibit 1) started mono and kept holding on to sex. Relationsip lasted 3 years, the last year I could not hold on to myself because of the needs of fucking her own friends. Sex with her in the end was super meh. There were some drama and jealosy issues.

Exhibit 2) started open, fucked her on the third date, we were non-exclusive for a year before commiting, sex between us was great from start to finish (even in the end it kept getting better). Did some 3somes with her, we openly discussed our sexuality...we bonded so deeply, can tell you our trust in each other was something out of this world! No jealousy whatsever, minimal drama.

P.S. forgot to add, but what you set up for yourself will attract the kind of person and behavior that is looking for that. If you set yourself up as a "respectable man that is willing to hold on to sex in the name of love", you always gonna see the same result (lots of time will pass with no sex).

On the other hand, if you set up as "the best lover who is willing to commit only when the right opportunity is in front of you", you will see a different type of behavior from every girl....but they will always have sex with you.

Last edited:

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sorry to also rain on your parade, but that's not the proper way to start a meaningful relationship.
That article is just flawed.
And I'm not KJ ing, because I've done both styles with women that I ended up loving for real.

Exhibit 1) started mono and kept holding on to sex. Relationsip lasted 3 years, the last year I could not hold on to myself because of the needs of fucking her own friends. Sex with her in the end was super meh. There were some drama and jealosy issues.

Exhibit 2) started open, fucked her on the third date, we were non-exclusive for a year before commiting, sex between us was great from start to finish (even in the end it kept getting better). Did some 3somes with her, we openly discussed our sexuality...we bonded so deeply, can tell you our trust in each other was something out of this world! No jealousy whatsever, minimal drama.
Well, there's two levels to this.
A) Disagreement: fair enough
B) Disrespect: not cool

On the disagreement point, I'd like to mention the similarity between what DrJekyll wrote after becoming jaded with pickup in 2008, and moving on to a classical humanist masculinity-focused approach on the one hand, and your recent posting on the other hand.

DrJekyll:
b) destroying their ability to trust women
c) obliterating their belief in love.
That last one's a pretty fucking big one, man.

Quote from the video you linked on long-term commitment:
Q: How many marriages are genuinely happy - how many married couples?
A: Here's what I'll tell you. I know a lot of people and I think I know one couple that has like a genuinely happy marriage.
Marriage is like the lottery you are probably not going to win.
I've met hundreds if not thousands of couples, and I've met one that is legitimately happy. ... Buy the ticket I guess, but don't make that your retirement plan.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Well, there's two levels to this.
A) Disagreement: fair enough
B) Disrespect: not cool

On the disagreement point, I'd like to mention the similarity between what DrJekyll wrote after becoming jaded with pickup in 2008, and moving on to a classical humanist masculinity-focused approach on the one hand, and your recent posting on the other hand.

DrJekyll:

As always, people tend to see everything in black and white.
- You don't need to be a PUA, or have triple digit lays, to have lots of sex with amazing chicks.
- You don't need to be mono, or hold on to sex, to find real love (with a girl who will love you back).

The point that I, and every other senior member agree, is that the article advocates something that sounds nice on paper, but is harmfull to your happiness...especially if you enjoy having healthy relationships with women.

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
As always, people tend to see everything in black and white.
- You don't need to be a PUA, or have triple digit lays, to have lots of sex with amazing chicks.
- You don't need to be mono, or hold on to sex, to find real love (with a girl who will love you back).

The point that I, and every other senior member agree, is that the article advocates something that sounds nice on paper, but is harmfull to your happiness...especially if you enjoy having healthy relationships with women.
Yes, this seems to be the consensus in this community, I do agree.

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human

You can criticize my character all day if you like but still doesn’t change my opinion of that article being pure garbage

But if you want to follow it then be my guest. Everyone is entitled to live life as they please

Last edited:

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You're entitled to your opinion. Even though changing the critique from "gay as fuck" to "pure garbage" is still not within the bounds of civil discourse, imo.

Bismarck

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
The thing is, even Chase, who isn’t exactly a progressive (if we’re calling this AoM guy conservative) advocates that you should smash her fast like a bolt of lightning, especially if you want to be her boyfriend.

Otherwise, if you’re just gonna follow her “I am the prize (aka you gotta earn my pussy)” scrip, and wait around for multiple dates before crushing, what would game be for?

TestY

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The thing is, even Chase, who isn’t exactly a progressive (if we’re calling this AoM guy conservative) advocates that you should smash her fast like a bolt of lightning, especially if you want to be her boyfriend.

Otherwise, if you’re just gonna follow her “I am the prize (aka you gotta earn my pussy)” scrip, and wait around for multiple dates before crushing, what would game be for?
Well, that's what CJ describes in his girlfriend game. He's probably still doing attraction, comfort, etc.
He goes into detail in his "Captain Jack’s Definitive Guide to Get a Beautiful Girlfriend":
Here’s another disclaimer… I’ve changed my viewpoint on the healthiness of the lifestyle it is possible to create using these methods. I now prefer to get a Beautiful Girlfriend and keep her as long as the relationship is working for both of us.
This is made possible by three of my innovations in Game. The first is called ‘The Sexual Framing of Male-Female Interactions’ or just ‘Sexual Framing’ for short.
The second, newest and most important, is called ‘Game Dynamics.’
The last is called ‘Sticking Point Analysis.’
Qualifying: The True Path to Girlfriendhood!
Ok, now you have her intrigued and interested. This is the IMPORTANT part when you are talking about a relationship.
You need to qualify her. But, not the fake pseudo-qualification the Community uses. No… you want to get to know three things:

1. Do you guys have similar values?
2. Do you guys agree on what your future should look like?
3. Do you find your moment-by-moment interactions with her awesome?

So he still allows for sexual tension, and approaches it in a way that builds "romance": Romance = male-female sexual tension.
Note: the article was written before he changed the goal of his approach towards being centered on finding a girlfriend, but he has retained the method.

Not that other shit we’ve been trained to think. Romance can occur anywhere.
A bookstore, a sidewalk, an expensive restaurant wherever. It’s not the environment, it’s the tension. If you make her feel feminine and sexy, she’ll WANT to have sex with you.
And, there’s no better way to create that male-female sexual tension than with Sexual Framing.
Mastering Sexual Framing will give you the absolute power to have sex pretty much whenever you want it.
It has NOTHING to do with dirty talk or being a creepy horny guy. (It’s MUCH MUCH MORE than Strawberry Fields or Rings on Fingers, too.)
Not only can you have a life filled with sex, you could easily use it to get a girlfriend. Or, have a few girlfriends at a time. And, you can have these types of relationships without lying or drama. See,

YOU set the rules by your frames. The problem is when you go around Gaming you have no friggin’ clue what Frames you are setting.
Even worse, you have no idea of the Frames SHE is setting and you are unwittingly AGREEING to… Shit man, you could even use it to get married.. and, then, keep the marriage alive and spicy for years to come.

So CJ does indeed show some desire - he's not like a nice guy - but in his "girlfriend gameplan" he also holds off on escalating towards sleeping together. That's his pov anyways.
The hotter and/or more “in demand” they are the more true it is. Remember, every other guy is either trying to play super nice thinking eventually she’ll see what a great guy he is and then give in (barf)… or, rushing hastily to closing the deal.

Last edited:

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Split this thread off from @Karea Ricardus D.'s journal.

On this subject: I will just note that I have witnessed multiple onetime mPUAs go through the "total loss of interest in ONS" thing and then start delaying sex. Sometimes guys may frame this as being a ploy for a better relationship. Often they will just tell you they're simply not that interested in casual sex anymore, after banging enough chicks.

One friend would do a thing where he'd seduce girls over to his place, then hang out with them just turning them on without making a move, until the girl was going crazy trying to seduce him herself. He pushed it too far on at least the first few girls he tried this with, with them leaving his place in frustration at being unable to get him to shag them (one was cursing him out as she left for not shagging her... lol).

I have noticed that these guys usually do get into LTRs after this, but it is typically with the same kinds of chicks they had LTRs with before they had their ONS loss of interest. It is not like they pivot to some different kind of woman or anything. It's the same girls, they just hang out with them a little longer before they shag. It does seem like their relationships are generally less dramatic than the ones they had when younger, though. It might be due to better self-control (study on that below).

On the ONS-LTR connection itself, one-night stands lead to LTRs 27% of the time, according to one study.

There was another study that I believe I quoted it in The Dating Artisan (combing my research notes now I can't seem to find it) that IIRC found LTRs that sprung from one-night stands offered the same level of relationship satisfaction and duration as relationships that stemmed from drawn-out courtships. Since I can't find that, here's a Buzzfeed article (lol) with a bunch of people talking about their LTRs and marriages from ONS.

Re: the self-control element, if you ask me, there's a big difference between folks who are shagging fast as a seduction strategy while also screening hard for LTR qualities vs. folks who are shagging fast because they just can't help themselves, disregarding LTR screening because they view it as unimportant ("How can I judge her for being a slut when I'm also a slut?"), then falling into relationships, at least as far as LTR stability goes. Drawing from the content I have in The Dating Artisan, here's another study: "The sum of friends' and lovers' self-control scores predicts relationship quality":

Results consistently favored the totality model: the more total self-control, the better the relationship fared. Multiple benefits were found for having mutually high self-control, including relationship satisfaction, forgiveness, secure attachment, accommodation, healthy and committed styles of loving, smooth daily interactions, absence of conflict, and absence of feeling rejected. These effects might be due to high-self-control partners' use of accommodation when there is miscommunication or problems in the relationship. Additionally, partners might “outsource” self-control to each other; hence, having a partner with higher self-control enables more outsourcing.

This might explain the "retired mPUA who's taking it slower and having stabler relationships" phenomenon. If he was the "wild sex addict" type PUA (which IME is what most of the "shagged tons of girls then went totally celibate!" type of guy is), losing interest in hookups tends to coincide with a rise in self-control. Typically the chicks he is dating tend to be the same types he always did, but he's probably inadvertently screening for greater self-control with them too, since they need to wait longer to get him.

On that "all but 1 out of 100s or 1000s of marriages are unhappy" comment... I didn't watch the video, but is this coming from a marriage counselor or something? If so, just keep in mind how big a problem selection bias is among anecdata. Here're the findings of one more study I discussed in The Dating Artisan, this one entitled "Is long-term love more than a rare phenomenon?"

40% of those married over 10 years reported being “Very intensely in love.” Importantly, correlates of long-term intense love, as predicted by theory, were thinking positively about the partner and thinking about the partner when apart, affectionate behaviors and sexual intercourse, shared novel and challenging activities, and general life happiness. Wanting to know where the partner is at all times correlated significantly with intense love for men but not women. For women, but not men, passion about nonrelationship factors significantly correlated with intense love. In a random New York (NY) sample of 322 individuals married over 10 years, 29% reported being very intensely in love and our predicted correlates cross validated.

So, while that video guy may have seen only 1 happy marriage out of 100s or 1000s, in this study it was around 110 INTENSELY happy marriages (not even including "fairly happy" or "content") out of 274, and in the New York one it was around 93 out of 322. Anecdata vs. controlled studies. Big difference.

Finally, let's throw in some more anecdata anyway: like @POB, I have had LTRs from drawn-out pursuits (one where, as a novice, it took me 3 months to bed the girl), and I have had LTRs that stemmed from fast sex. I can't find any kind of pattern in these in terms of relationship happiness or stability. The 3-months-to-bed girl only led to a 2 year relationship that got real janky toward the end. The longest relationship I've had, OTOH, (far longer than 2 years) was a "sex on the first date" scenario. This same girl had multiple guys courting her who had been for months. One of them seemed to be making fairly good 'progress' and she had feelings for him. Didn't matter because once I shagged her he was toast. Relevant:

tl;dr If you want my take:

• There are loads of happy marriages. Don't ask marriage counselors, though; they just see the bad ones.

• Plenty of relationships come from ONS. There doesn't seem to be an advantage to relationship health or satisfaction from taking it either slow or fast.

• OTOH, self-control plays an enormous role. If the man lacks self-control and the woman lacks self-control, you're looking at fireworks. So, improve your own self-control and screen the woman hard for self-control. Partner count screening, slutty behavior screening, impulsive behavior screening, educational achievement screening, career success screening, all these are indirect screens for level of self-control. (whether she'll have sex fast is also a self-control screen, of course... but just one of many here; should be weighed in light of other screens. e.g., if she has sex fast but it's because you're very sexy and skilled and she's very inexperienced, lonely, and super attracted to you vs. she has sex fast because she always has sex fast and has done so with many guys, etc.)

Ultimatley IMO delaying sex just delays you gathering information you can use to better evaluate her as a long-term mate before you get overly invested, while raising your investment in her to the point it will be harder and harder to back out if bad things come to light.

Here's a fun scenario: Joe meets Angela, a gorgeous, fun, sexy girl. He's immediately smitten with her. The next day, Bill also meets Angela, and is just as smitten. Joe begins to date Angela seriously, delaying sex, because he wants this to work. They go on five dates over the next month, as Joe learns more and more about Angela, falling deeper and deeper in love with her, fantasizing more and more about a lifelong future with her. Meanwhile, Bill fucks Angela on their first date, during the same week Angela has her first two dates with Joe. In the pillow talk afterward, Angela reveals to Bill a history of lots of intemperate sex with lots and lots of men. Bill enjoyed the sex with Angela, and likes Angela as a woman, but he's also in the market for an LTR and Angela's past really rules that out for him. Angela has not revealed this side of herself to Joe, because she can tell Joe has a fantasy about her, and she doesn't want to disabuse him of that. Actually, she likes it; it feels good to be seen that way!

Which of the two men -- Joe or Bill -- is more likely to make a rational decision re: Angela?

Which of the two men is more likely to end up in a healthy, stable LTR with a girl who is exactly what he hopes to get?

Slow Joe or Speedy Bill? You decide! I know which guy I'm betting on though...

(also anecdata, but: one of the sluttiest girls I know didn't marry any of her fast-to-bed boyfriends or FWBs. The guy she married was a successful conservative university professor and self-made multimillionaire business owner who delayed sex with her for IIRC five months, all while being completely smitten with her. He would tell her how he loved how chaste and conservative she was and that she didn't like partying [she found his presumptiveness cute and hilarious], all while she was out banging random dudes to get her fix of cock while also dating this guy. Somewhere around the four month mark she started feeling bad about that so stopped taking other cocks, and then at five months of courtship they finally had sex. No idea what's transpired between these two happily marrieds since, as we're not in contact anymore, but considering this girl would crash at random male friends' places when traveling and fuck them just for fun, and do other stuff like that, I can sort of kind of imagine how things may have progressed... but who knows, maybe she really did turn a new leaf... maybe the "delaying sex for a more meaningful relationship" mantra should really be "What you don't know won't hurt you" though?)

Chase

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Cross posted from my journal (where this discussion was originally):

I'm in agreement with the other seniors. I think CJ's method of finding a girl-friend is valid. But I think it requires a very advanced skill level to pull it off correctly, otherwise I see a big risk of getting friend-zoned or deceived.

I think it worked for him because he had the real seducer's aura (sexual momentum), very high-level skills and lots of social proof going. The combination of these three factors is going to be a magnetic pull on the woman, where she then starts chasing HIM for sex AND a relationship.

And that's miraculous, because it's usually the other way round: the man chases the sex, and then then woman chases the relationship. CJ actually managed to set it up so that the girl was chasing BOTH! Pretty mind-blowing. But I think very advanced.

For someone who doesn't have the skills, aura and social proof of an MPUA, I see this approach as quite risky, because the girls would probably just end up getting friend-zoned for "not making a move".

Btw, I want to thank TestY for sharing these posts by CJ and I'll agree with him that we (PUAs as a whole and especially seniors) can sometimes be overly condescending in our disagreements. It's something I'm still working on myself. I think we all should.

orkie123

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Is there any way to identify girls who may be genuinely only looking for LTR with serious guys and do not sleep with guys on first few dates? And if you have a strong feeling she may be such (and you are looking for a LTR), would you change how you act on a date? I don't mean not pushing for sex, because I find that even if girls wait for a deeper connection, they still prefer a guy who knows how to lead them to sex. But I do find that sometimes, being overly sexual or using certain sexual gambits seem to push such girls away that would work well on otherwise more open to casual stuff girls.

My experience on 'identifying' LTR girls are those who do not state it outright, nor do they talk about their expectations of guys, and they tend to avoid getting too deep on personal sexual topics too quickly as well. They will often deflect the "lets go back to mine" plausible deniability with a simple - "I can't" or "Not today" without justifying it with a reason. I also find they are less likely to friendzone but will often ghost or disappear after a few messages if not interested.

Whenever a girl tells me she is only looking for something serious, it gives me "I've been taken advantage of many times and now I have some over complicated rules to protect myself which I don't always follow if the guy has enough game". But maybe I'm being too harsh.

>