Should I get a Canadian passport?

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I qualify for Canadian citizenship thanks to their “let’s suck Americans into the True North” law. Haven’t done anything about it yet, though.

It occurred to me that if I wanted to travel the whole world, many countries, like Pakistan, Russia, and Iran, might be relatively safer and more enjoyable on a Canadian passport than an American one.

Is it worth getting?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Surveyor,

Be careful they don't euthanize you while you're up there getting it :LOL:

It occurred to me that if I wanted to travel the whole world, many countries, like Pakistan, Russia, and Iran, might be relatively safer and more enjoyable on a Canadian passport than an American one.

I've spent a fair bit of time in countries America has a hostile relationship with on my American passport. It hasn't been an issue.

Just don't do any actual spy stuff / subversion / "let me just be a CIA asset and advocate for regime change" nonsense and you'll be fine.

Chase

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just don't do any actual spy stuff / subversion / "let me just be a CIA asset and advocate for regime change" nonsense and you'll be fine.

Chase
Now I feel like putting on a CIA T-shirt and livestream myself walking through Sheremetyevo or Mahabad covered in USG swag.

But seriously, idk why the hell any tourist would want to say go to an opposition protest. How would most Americans feel if some foreigners appeared at a political event here? It’s kind of a no-brainer but some people are just that dumb.

Lucky

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I watch this channel (Nomad Capitalist) for a lot for advice on citizenships and the benefits of having each... (such as visas)

also covers a lot of international topics in regards to wealth with tax, residency in foreign countries etc

would probs have a lot of info on Canadian citizenship there

>