Should I even bother getting into online dating apps, paying for professional pics & training, etc?

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
But bro if you can upload 10 pictures and wait for statistically relevant results on an app that doesnt pay you nor get your dick wet, but rather destroys your ego, why not apply the same initiative to tinder? At least you'll get something out of it.
😅 I played with the apps for months, over the course of several years... photofeeler took me like 20 minutes.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
For apps? Not as much as pictures.
It matters AFTER pictures.
Kinda obvious really....how can you apply texting if you are not matching?

I didn't say it doesn't matter in general.
I said that, for apps, it matters less than pictures, especially when you are starting out (like the OP).
I know it sounds lame, because it is lame.

It's different from when you get her contact live and have to text her later.
NOW texting is the most important thing.

For online: first put focus on getting matches (pictures/profile)...than put focus on getting dates (texting)...than put focus on turning dates to lays (game). That's the overall path.

Look at Karea's comment about how the sites>apps transition changed the landscape of texting first.
(and I experienced this transition first hand).
Look what you said you can have meh texting those are your words that does not match my experience or the dudes i help... many good looking guys with great pics and matches totally fuck up the texting...

TomInHo

Modern Human
Modern Human
Does photofeeler pay the people who rate? If so how do I sign up

No

They have a system where you like other peoples photos to get points. Then you can use those points to get others to rate yours. So pretty much tit for tat

You don't have to pay to use it if you don't want to

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
No

They have a system where you like other peoples photos to get points. Then you can use those points to get others to rate yours. So pretty much tit for tat

You don't have to pay to use it if you don't want to
Interesting, will try that sometime

topcat

Modern Human
Modern Human
😅 I played with the apps for months, over the course of several years... photofeeler took me like 20 minutes.
Lol fair.

Yeah there’s definitely something going on wrt the widely disparate results different members here find with online.

I admit i have a knee jerk revulsion to the defeatism i often see at play anytime online is mentioned as it doesn’t match either mine nor many of my peers experiences.

A lot of the response often seems very “blackpillish”.

Does make me wonder.

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey man, I'll keep an open mind... if you ever write about matching on tinder with 8+ girls as a 5+ guy, I'll read it with interest. I can take it from there, my text game and dating game is good enough to close the deal, the apps just won't let me talk to the girls. 😅

DoWhatWorks

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm glad this topic came up as a lot of people I respect dismiss online when the real issue is they haven't mastered it *shrugs*

@topcat and @TomInHo will make a better guide I'm sure, but all the techniques/realities of making online work I wrote about 2 years ago here

In my last blitz (April 2023) I slept with 4 girls from online so it still works.

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I don’t like linking to places off site out of respect to Chase by Andy from Kill Your Inner Loser has a free, and VERY extensive, dating app guide that covers everything. Always link it to people who say they have trouble with dating apps.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I'm glad this topic came up as a lot of people I respect dismiss online when the real issue is they haven't mastered it *shrugs*

@topcat and @TomInHo will make a better guide I'm sure, but all the techniques/realities of making online work I wrote about 2 years ago here

In my last blitz (April 2023) I slept with 4 girls from online so it still works.
To op another legit guide did not mention cause he is not much active now

Last edited:

Vision

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I recently got some professional pics done, put them up on Tinder, and got dramatically more matches than I normally did (I'm in Germany now so it's not completely fair since the country variable is different than normal) and the matches were way hotter than what I normally get (which is why I never really use Tinder, among many other reasons normally).

But then again, I don't normally have the greatest pics and I know people who have claimed to do well with normal pics. There are some great PUA pros out there that will get you some good photos.

PaulieFlyn10

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Op, as someone who has gotten a couple of lays from online... and know guys who crush it... pay attention to everything @topcat and @TomInHo

Very accurate. Especially what TC said about real game doesn't really start till either you're on Whatsapp or on a date (most of the time it's on a date)

Pictures don't matter as much as long as your profile and texting is solid. For texting, @Skills is great. So is Playing with fire.

Profile and text game are probably your biggest factors as long as your pictures arent completely hideous & are good enough

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Pictures don't matter as much as long as your profile and texting is solid
Sorry but if you are talking about swipe apps like tinder, then you statement is just completely absurd. Your pictures absolutely matter. Several people here have even commented that they got way more matches after getting better pictures. My own experience matches that.

PaulieFlyn10

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sorry but if you are talking about swipe apps like tinder, then you statement is just completely absurd. Your pictures absolutely matter. Several people here have even commented that they got way more matches after getting better pictures. My own experience matches that.
By "dont matter as much" i mean:

- they don't have to be too professional. And all that. You just need good enough to see results.

- if your texting and profile aren't good then there's literally no point. Texting moves the interaction forward. That's why i consider it more important than pics.

"Matches" are just like the small beginning. There are other points things can fall off that good texting will fix.

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
dont pay for pics!

you said you travel alot - use that to your advantage along with the algos. being in a new location is a common thing in dating app algos that gives you a temporary increase in likes.

so, make different profiles on different apps conveying different aspects of you. travel to new cities. get a temporary boost to figure out which snapshot of you is succeeding, and amplify that.

CASE STUDY: i went to lima peru. got a huge bump on badoo where i am showcasing my bright n wild side. things took off and i got ~350 responsive, free, good quality matches in a month!

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
dont pay for pics!

you said you travel alot - use that to your advantage along with the algos. being in a new location is a common thing in dating app algos that gives you a temporary increase in likes.

so, make different profiles on different apps conveying different aspects of you. travel to new cities. get a temporary boost to figure out which snapshot of you is succeeding, and amplify that.

CASE STUDY: i went to lima peru. got a huge bump on badoo where i am showcasing my bright n wild side. things took off and i got ~350 responsive, free, good quality matches in a month!
If you go to latin america and in some parts of Europe this happens.....

As you can see you have guys saying don't do professional pics, some saying do professional pics, some saying do photopheeler some saying don't do photopheler big confusion...

So i will clarify op.... I paid for professional pics they did not work, i did it with a professional photographer = bad So what i am saying if you are going to go the professional route it has to be a dude that is endorce by a seducer that knows what he is doing OR A SEDUCER THAT TAKE PROFESSIONAL PICS, both have to be legit, if is not there then is not worth paying the money....

Same with coaching, is that a dude that is doing the numbers game and is in some 3rd world country or traveling or is a seducer in his city that is making it work with proper structure and consistent results (dww, thomino, top cat) i was doing this too when i was doing online.

finally, about photopheeler the whole point is to get an IDEA of the pics to gauge were your pics as, is just a tool...

Last edited:

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
+1 to that. Without the right pics you can't even talk to the girls. The apps won't even let you message them.

Further, once that's done, the rest has always been extremely easy in my experience. She's looking to hook up AND she liked my look... it's like done.

Vision

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
If you go to latin america and in some parts of Europe this happens.....

As you can see you have guys saying don't do professional pics, some saying do professional pics, some saying do photopheeler some saying don't do photopheler big confusion...

So i will clarify op.... I paid for professional pics they did not work, i did it with a professional photographer = bad So what i am saying if you are going to go the professional route it has to be a dude that is endorce by a seducer that knows what he is doing OR A SEDUCER THAT TAKE PROFESSIONAL PICS, both have to be legit, if is not there then is not worth paying the money....

Same with coaching, is that a dude that is doing the numbers game and is in some 3rd world country or traveling or is a seducer in his city that is making it work with proper structure and consistent results (dww, thomino, top cat) i was doing this too when i was doing online.

finally, about photopheeler the whole point is to get an IDEA of the pics to gauge were your pics as, is just a tool...

+1 to this... I actually got professional pics done by a guy who was some long time married dude who had no idea wtf is going on when it comes to pickup or dating and the photos performed like shit.

When I switched over to a guy who understood game, that's when I had success with the photos...

I'd say that pro photos help to the extent that they're designed to help and they won't help to the extent that they're just some random pro photos taken without any context to what women are most attracted to... at least that's my experience.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
+1 to that. Without the right pics you can't even talk to the girls. The apps won't even let you message them.

Further, once that's done, the rest has always been extremely easy in my experience. She's looking to hook up AND she liked my look... it's like done.
No all girls online are looking to hook up or are dtf.... no all of us represent the expecred societal lifestyle based on your age etc.... no all girls are 100% for one match they are messaging...they like the look of multiple matches, some of the matches will look wayyyyy better than you when you match...some girls have had traumatic dating experiences...some girls got fucked and dump...some girls dealt with stalkers and creepers online with amazing look pics, some girls dont want tp come straight to your home, or they want tp procastinate meetong you,... with this cases messaging texting is important is no only the pics...

@topcat is a short ethnic with glasses that got rated a 3 photophiler the dude has amazing text game

>