Shit test - low-interest or upgame?

Djsuave

Rookie
Rookie
Hey everybody

I have a question for y’all, how can you identify a shit test?

There was a girl who i picked up, conversation was a bit platonic, i took her insta, right before me asking for her insta, she said “oh i might not reply”, i said “ oh well its your loss”. I interpreted that as low-interest and i simply unfollowed her a few hours after that.

Few days pass by, i see her again this time in a mall, i was with 2 other guys, she recognized me and she gives me a “firm” handshake and she acts like she wants to initiate conversation but i simply turn it down, in essence acting not interested. She begins speaking to another dude who was with me on the stairs, i then just having small-talk with ones of the guys, and at the end i continue going to where i was going.

I see her again on a different day, she says “hi how are you”, to which i say “who are you?” (because it took me a second to recognize her, usually i have this ability to forget chicks to just forget chicks who reject me like very fast) Back to our topic —> She says “sofia” she then continues walking, and i continue going where i was going, i made a sound that hinted “now look at you” without actually saying it.

When i think about it i would’ve wanted to smash, how you do approach such a situation? Was this a shit test and i started acting petty later? By the looks of it her actions after me pulling away signified that she had interest. I want to hear DJs’ take on this one.

Dash of Englishness

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey everybody

I have a question for y’all, how can you identify a shit test?

There was a girl who i picked up, conversation was a bit platonic, i took her insta, right before me asking for her insta, she said “oh i might not reply”, i said “ oh well its your loss”. I interpreted that as low-interest and i simply unfollowed her a few hours after that.

Few days pass by, i see her again this time in a mall, i was with 2 other guys, she recognized me and she gives me a “firm” handshake and she acts like she wants to initiate conversation but i simply turn it down, in essence acting not interested. She begins speaking to another dude who was with me on the stairs, i then just having small-talk with ones of the guys, and at the end i continue going to where i was going.

I see her again on a different day, she says “hi how are you”, to which i say “who are you?” (because it took me a second to recognize her, usually i have this ability to forget chicks to just forget chicks who reject me like very fast) Back to our topic —> She says “sofia” she then continues walking, and i continue going where i was going, i made a sound that hinted “now look at you” without actually saying it.

When i think about it i would’ve wanted to smash, how you do approach such a situation? Was this a shit test and i started acting petty later? By the looks of it her actions after me pulling away signified that she had interest. I want to hear DJs’ take on this one.
I don't mean to be mean, but only one thing's certain here; and that's that you were acting petty!

Regarding the "I might not reply" comment, I wasn't there but I'd try and show that I'm interpreting it as her joking around, regardless of what her actual intent is. I definitely heard an actress use ta similar "I might not reply" line in some movie. Your reply was obviously good enough. You could've also just given a quick laugh and then went on talking, acting like it never happened.

I suspect you didn't interpret it as low interest (as you say), and more so that you thought ahead too much. You suspected there was a chance that an insta message you'd sent her would get ignored, and you didn't like the thought of you validating her ego while left wondering (for hours/days) whether she'd reply or not. It sucks but that's just the risk you take when playing the game.

So when you met her in the mall you threw away an opportunity that fell into your lap. Why did you act as if you wanted to "turn it down" when she wanted to initiate conversation? What's the point in having a girl think you're too cool for her, if you're ruling out any possibility of getting sex with her in the process?

It was petty doing that to her that last time you met her.. after all I doubt she's online talking about you. I would've just been honest and said "oh sorry didn't recognise you there, is something different about you or is it just me?". But you obviously had more important things do do! Perhaps you could've said "I've no time to do anything with you, because I have to go and type a thread about you online!". It looks like she's put herself out there the last two times she's met you. Do you seriously think she'll be doing it again?!

Never try to cover cowardice with arrogance... I've regretted that. If a pretty girl comes up to you out of no where, it can catch you off guard, so you should ask yourself what exactly went through your head in that moment.

West_Indian_Archie

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
This a beautiful little scenario. Great Story.

To start
  • I wasn't there.
  • I'm not you.
  • I didn't hear her voice, her tone, make eye contact, witness her body language.
  • This might not be in America (a place with diff cultural norms)
  • I don't know if there's an age gap/or any other sort of elephant in the room...
But in a casual exchange,
  • I'm assuming
    • There was some form of mutual SEXUAL attraction
    • some form of trust was established.
  • She tried to be "cheeky"
    • Maybe this was a joke, haha, cute
    • Maybe she sent it to be mean/send a message
    • Maybe this is something she always says to everyone,
      • But you took it someplace she didn't expect
  • You were cheeky right back, perfectly
  • You doubled down by unfollowing her
  • You triple downed by letting her walk up, acknowledging her presence, but not really interacting with her
  • You stayed true in word and deed.
I'd make the argument that you actually won a minor social battle, and you did so automatically, as opposed to thinking about it and trying to manufacture a win.

This is who you truly are, not some act. You're not being too cool for school. She said something smart alecky and you weren't with it, and she's not on your good side.

And somehow, getting rejected by a guy that she wasn't that interested in, makes him WAY MORE interesting.

By rejecting her BS, you've put her in your frame.

What she's doing now is trying to win your approval, because your approval is something she values.

You could say, she wants your validation.

Keeping in mind there was some sexual/physical/visual attraction from the start, maybe 1.5 out of 10.

What you have now is a social/psychological attraction.

In her mind (or not)
  • Why didn't you act like every other guy that she deals with in that situation?
    • Is there something special about you?
    • Something she couldn't tell just by looking at you?
    • Just by that brief interaction?
Or, she's just some young goofy Gen Z,Gen Alpha broad that doesn't have any social graces? (this would be a different thing, if you're both in the your late 20s'/early 30's, Jah Forbid your mids 40s)

To her, you turned her throwaway comment into something psychologically interesting

And that makes you interesting.
That means you could be the source of interesting feelings.

This is the essence of game, game with a capital G, Game.

When i think about it i would’ve wanted to smash, how you do approach such a situation?

At the time of the first encounter?
I would interpret her cheeky statement as just that, even if she didn't mean to say it that way.

I would assume she was trying to bait me, and lean into it.

Chica - "I might not.."
WIA - "Christian parents monitor your social media, huh...you do strike me as a goody two shoes"

Whatever she said to be cheeky, but turn it into something where she feels that she needs to define herself - clear up my misunderstanding - which is basically falling into my frame. I'm someone that she has to get approval from.

And from there it's turning whatever she says and does into something that she is definitely not saying.

Putting her on defense, puts her in my frame.

From there it's just getting intel on what her day/night looks like, and if the bang is possible within the next 4-5 hours.
if so, basically take the girl through the sequence
  • Attraction/Psychological Value
  • Get her to cooperate, buy in
  • Build trust
  • Get some privacy
  • Close the deal
This makes a lot more sense in the night game, but also a huge hurdle for typical day game.

The second encounter

I like the tone shift set ups.

So when she comes back, does the hand shake, etc- she's clearly trying to get your attention, get something out of you - but it might not at all mean she likes you, wants to sleep with you, etc.

A lot of girls will bang a guy they don't really like, just to conquer him. Just to have something over him. To get back at him, etc.

*Remember girls bang for all types of reasons, literal pleasure, the pleasure of pain, wants the guy's baby, to feel pretty, to feel wanted, to feel desired, to get something out of a guy, to relieve stress, to deal with menstrual cramps..

She's just intrigued. So much so, she breaks protocol and approaches you, instead of you trying to re-approach her.

So instead of being standoffish/polite and dismissive, I would lean in again.

In a serious tone, "Why are you trying to talk to me? What's wrong with you?"

And put her on the defensive.

In the middle of her explaining herself and getting worked up, I say or do something to break the tension.

The tension is what actually what her brain wants - it's the scrolling to get a new hit of dopamine

The break is only necessary to get her back into the cycle of craving the next hit. She doesn't want the relief of tension, she wants the tension. (It's why it's hard to joke your way into some vagine..)

So from there, it's about ramping up the tension, breaking it, and then ramping it up again.

Same sequence as above.

As an aside, people get caught up in these loops of tension/loops of approval, and end up giving the other person whatever the other person asks for, so they can "be right", so they can be "in the group".

Was this a shit test and i started acting petty later? By the looks of it her actions after me pulling away signified that she had interest

It might have been.
It was probably throwaway.

But you made it into something interesting.

WIA

Dash of Englishness

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is who you truly are, not some act.
Well I don't know about that. It's clear he's not willing to reveal whether he was still into the girl, at the point in typing the OP. He said himself that he was "in essence acting not interested", so he possibly just likes playing hard to get, even though he's quite likely into her. He says he has this ability to forget checks who reject him, but this girl didn't even do that.
What she's doing now is trying to win your approval
Maybe, but do you really think she'll be trying to win his approval the next time they cross paths? Besides, what's the point in it all anyway if it means you're just throwing opportunities away?

>