FR  running at the park

PinotNoir

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sorry to disappoint, but I have (kind of purposely) turned this into a FU.

Anyway, here's how I set up the 2nd date. I had to hunt through my logs.

The day after the date, I texted her. Based on my experience, text the next day, not that night after the date. If you text that night, it makes you look like you're still up thinking about her, and I've gotten kind of random (emotional) results. Usually when I have texted right after the date, I've gotten a text back, "Yes, I had an amazing time too! Looking forward to the next one" or something similar, and then I have never heard back from those girls. However, after consistently waiting until the next day to text (if no sex/kissing), I've gotten more realistic responses and more 2nd dates.

Day-after text:
11:43: "hey A, coffee was fun last night. did it keep you awake? ;) hopefully the decaf was mild"
12:43: "Hey had a great time too... coffee kept me up just a little bit but no big deal :)"
13:16: "ah, well thats not too bad. any dreams of coffee waves [related to date conversation]? so when are you free next? I'm only out friday night and saturday since going to X"
13:27: "Sunday... I have stuff to do the rest of this week... and you will probably won't be back till late Saturday or will be tired that evening"

(She uses "..." like a period; it's always in every text, which is a little odd.)

Really nothing special there. Just simple and to the point. I let the 1st date determine whether she wants a 2nd date. I don't try to impress her with extravagant texts, as I know they won't work if she felt that the 1st date went poorly.

This was Wednesday. I pinged her again Thursday:

"loving that disco music tonight! how is everything and work? anything new or interesting happen?"

This got a response and we texted back and forth briefly.

I pinged her again Friday after hearing about the hurricane in Philippines (where she's from):

"hey, was everything good with your family?"

We texted briefly again.

On Sunday, I called her to talk about the 2nd date. In a nutshell, I will be moving soon (the sooner the better, but it may be a couple of months still unfortunately; at the time, I thought it was going to be very soon), so I talked with her on the phone and she was excited about the date, but I had to unfortunately let her down. I just let her know that I'd be moving soon, and she got kind of (sad) upset. I said that we could still go on the date if she wanted, but she politely declined (and actually suggested some other day, which was odd?). I texted her to hang out as friends, but she never answered that as I expected.

Now, this is a FU, but I had set up myself as more of a provider than a lover unfortunately, so I knew that I needed to bring this up soon. I didn't want us wasting time. Also, I know it's extremely dumb, but there's also another girl in the picture from my recent past. The problem is that we have too much chemistry, and we always enjoy being around each other. I'm not moving for her, but I will be moving to a state closer to her state (2 hour drive apart, not in the same state), so I figured that I'd try that again since she wants to be my girlfriend again. If we didn't have so much chemistry, I wouldn't even consider it and just be friends. With my approaches and the articles here, I have enough confidence where I won't be that heartbroken if it ends, and I know that I have the ability to easily find a women just as good. And honestly, I like her better than this girl from the park (but that's only based on 1 date, so it's biased and a little unfair). I know there will be a lot of facepalming here, but it's hard to illustrate the entire story via a small paragraph of text. Put simply, it's an adventure and chance that I don't want to regret trying when I'm older, just because I've enjoyed being with her more than most other women I've been with.

TheWiseFool

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
"I never do this."
I started saying this after reading FRs by AsianPersuasion actually. Some guys had replied on his FRs saying that you don't want the girl to think you're a player or do this all of the time. You want the girl to feel special, like it is serendipity and a once-in-a-lifetime-chance-encounter. However, ultimately, I think this was an outcome of being nervous, and saying it directly/bluntly is probably not good. This can either make the experience good and rare, or it can backfire and make me look like a guy without abundance/courage and slot me into boyfriend land (which, I do want a girlfriend, but if you've read GC, you know that this is bad even if you are wanting a girlfriend). I haven't said it a lot so directly, so I will see what results I get.

Chase wrote an excellent article called Make a Girl Feel Special: Seduction's Silver Bullet. I am coming to realize that there is a peculiar tension between this need to make a girl feel special, and the need to appear effortless. For example, in order not to come across as chasing, it is better to open a girl as soon as you see an approach invitation, such as lingering eye contact, rather than follow her another hundred feet and then open. The irony is that this doesn't give you time to appraise her properly and determine whether she is worthy of "special" treatment... and if she were rational, she'd recognize this and give you enough time to see that she really is special. However, in reality such behavior would either cause her to auto-reject at your lack of swift action, or would devalue you in her eyes as being too eager in pursuit!

THERE NEEDS TO BE AN ARTICLE ON THIS!!!! On finding a balance between 1) Making her feel special 2) Appearing effortless rather than over eager 3) A player.

How do you deal with women who don't want to "play" because they don't want to feel played or replaceable

>