Responding To "I Have a Boyfriend"

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey fellas,

I rarely spend time sharing some of my personal strategies on here, but I felt like sharing a fun one today.

If you ask for compliance from a girl (or even straight up just ask her "are you single?") and she replies saying she has a boyfriend, a very fun way to spin this is as follows:

Me: I'd like to grab a drink with you tonight? Are you free?
Her: Oh... I have a boyfriend.
Me: Perfect!!
Her: *quizzical look*
Me: ...so you're saying you're NOT married then? *mischievous grin* (ALTERNATIVE: "...so no one has put a ring on you yet?! Perfect.")
Her: *laughs and blushes*
Me: I'll be available after 6 pm. Let me get your number!
Her: Haha, okay, it's... XXX-XXXX

NOTE: All of this must be done with enthusiasm and playfulness. Make her feel flattered!

Keep in mind that whenever a girl tells you she has a boyfriend, it might already be the case that she's determined she's not interested. But I know a lot of guys feel awkward when they hear this and they aren't sure what to say to still have a chance. This is a very fun one that will at least get a smile out of her and might get her to change her mind about you with your boldness and wit!

Try it out. ;)

- Franco

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Franco,

Haha, this sounds like a fun one. Thanks for the tip.

Franco said:
I rarely spend time sharing some of my personal strategies on here, but I felt like sharing a fun one today.

I wouldn't mind more just sayin

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
Stealing this;)

One of my fav responses to "I have a boyfriend" goes:

So are you saying there's no room for improvement??

Also gonna second Big Daddy in that I would not mind more FrancoTech in the slightest ;)

Ambiance

Start_ed_young

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Anyone else use the one that goes:

You: yea cool, we should meet later to grab a drink or something.
Her: sorry, but I actually have a boyfriend
You: ahh, no worries. He can come along too
Her: (laughs) no, but really.
You: yea, maybe not. He might get jealous
Her: (confused amused expression) haha, nice meeting, but still have a boyfriend, so bye.
You: Fine see ya.

I believe I read this one on here somewhere. I’ve used a variation of this one a few times and I believe both times the girls gave up and said something along the lines of, “alright alright, you got me I don’t have a boyfriend” I still haven’t gotten a far but likely because of other reasons, not that one line.

Another comedic one is if your going to a group thing and invite her along.

You: going to this party later you’ll come as my date?
Her: no, I have boyfriend
You: every orgy needs a witness (said in a bit of a song dingy tone)

Haven’t tried this one personally, but it should definitely diffuse awkward tension from the situation.

>