Rejection Therapy journal

ZenRising

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks man.... yes.. this:

if you were to have approached the hot blonde after her witnessing you chatting the unattractive one, I guarantee she would have been receptive. S

There are a million different reasons I can tell myself not to approach... in this case, 'she saw me chatting up the other one, so she'll think I'm a sleaze if I approach her too...'... so many BS excuses, and I need to work on not listening to them

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
There are a million different reasons I can tell myself not to approach... in this case, 'she saw me chatting up the other one, so she'll think I'm a sleaze if I approach her too...'... so many BS excuses, and I need to work on not listening to them
Same here! I come up with excuses way too often.

ZenRising

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi there peeps,

Well, my sort-of-ex/object of infatuation messaged and suggested meeting up.. I’m embarassed to admit I slipped straight into ‘she’s changed her mind’ fantasies… I went and met her, of course, but it turns out she was just been human and social and wanting to stay in touch with someone she cares about… so today I’ve been back with the feelings of loss and grief… I know it will pass in a couple of days…

I forced myself to go out to a bar last night and made a couple of approaches… they were the least enthusiastic approaches I think I’ve ever made - I was soooo not feeling it… ironically, probably because I was in a state of near-depression, my low-energy state pronbably seemed like ‘dead calm’ to the women I spoke to, and one of them starting working hard to keep my attention… proud that I at least got out and made an effort though…

Here’s hoping you all had a better weekend than me!

Casanova Newhouse

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi there peeps,

Well, my sort-of-ex/object of infatuation messaged and suggested meeting up.. I’m embarassed to admit I slipped straight into ‘she’s changed her mind’ fantasies… I went and met her, of course, but it turns out she was just been human and social and wanting to stay in touch with someone she cares about… so today I’ve been back with the feelings of loss and grief… I know it will pass in a couple of days…

I forced myself to go out to a bar last night and made a couple of approaches… they were the least enthusiastic approaches I think I’ve ever made - I was soooo not feeling it… ironically, probably because I was in a state of near-depression, my low-energy state pronbably seemed like ‘dead calm’ to the women I spoke to, and one of them starting working hard to keep my attention… proud that I at least got out and made an effort though…

Here’s hoping you all had a better weekend than me!
Props brother. Something similar happened to me with limerance girl. She reached out when it would have easy for her not to, and so I am filling it all in with fantasies about her changing her mind. We are so alike in that regard.

Good for you for getting out! I'll bet you are 100 percent correct that your lack of affect got that girl chasing.

I have a bandage on my face that was making me self-conscious, but I should have used it as a prop, a conversation starter. I want to get good at this and it ain't easy. In fact, it appears harder as you get older. Bad habits need to be unlearned.

ZenRising

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hi there peeps,

I've done a bunch of approaches in cafes over the past few days, and got a couple of numbers and IG contacts, but AA has been a major challenge with street approaches... I'm determined to push past this, but having failed a bunch of times to overcome it I decided to go back to doing a few random compliments in the street yesterday and today, just to keep myself in the practice of actually approaching women... needless to say, all but one (I'd say I've done about 8 or 10 over the past few days) have been really well-received... One woman just gave me a dirty look and walked past me, but hey, that's her prerogative and for all I know she just found out her cat died (or worse).. 🤷‍♂️

Fear is a strange beast... I know that I am absolutely capable of 'daygame' (though I have to admit I hate the actual term 'daygame').... as I've done it before... and successfully.... albeit many years ago.. the only thing that's changed is time... I'm older now, and I really have to get past the 'I'm too old' voice that screams at me... Just sharing this here, again, to keep myself accountable to myself... I know what the block is, and I know what I need to do...

Thanks,
Luke

>