Practicing facial expressions

SeptemberGold

Rookie
Rookie
I was wondering if any one had any advice in practicing facial expressions, or making them more consistent. There are times when I can tell that I do have good expressions from the reactions and sense of connection I get from a girl when making eye contact, and there times when I can make them happen in a mirror, but it is very difficult for me to spontaneously create any semblance of an attractive expression. At times I feel dependent on reflecting back a girl's expression to her, which... Doesn't seem right. Thoughts?

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well .... I am still working on expressions . But improved somewhat in a matter of few months .

I literally had to practice them consciously whether in front of a mirror or in social settings . I haven't really approached since last December but am actively focussing on facial expressions .

It will definitely take some time to be consistent depending on how much you practice it .

SeptemberGold

Rookie
Rookie
That's awesome that it's been getting better... What has improvement felt like for you? Do you focus on feeling the emotion, or more on having awareness of your face?

I can sort of intuit what what kind of expression would be pleasant or attractive most of the time when I look at a girl, but actively trying to feel that emotion well enough to express it attractively is super emotionally draining for me. So I've been trying to learn expressions by facial awareness, but the degree of difficulty so far makes me wonder if that approach is worth it... If you and others feel like it's developing I'll definitely keep working on it.

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That's awesome that it's been getting better... What has improvement felt like for you? Do you focus on feeling the emotion, or more on having awareness of your face?
IF I am feeling the emotions then it's fine ....but let's say I want to change the topic, or make her feel certain way ( without relying on how I am feeling at that moment ) I make the expressions that helps .

Maybe I am leaning towards psychopathy 🤫😂🤥.

But , that's just because of the type of people I meet in my local area that I have learned to fake my expressions . I know ... It's not cool to say it but we all learn from our life experiences.

So , i learned not due to seduction but necessity .

I will give you another example ..... I practice MMA and also go to dance classes .

Now , when you fight in a cage /ring /arena as a noob ... You get hit a lot but you learn how to control your emotions and not letting your fear be shown ( happened with me , last year ) .

Now , mind you , I am very stoic , reserved man in general but I am actively making myself more expressive so that's why I joined dance classes and boy It's difficult to bring any emotions on my face but I kept on trying and now I am able to bring slight expressions on my face while dancing .

So , my point is keep on practicing .
As the traditional wisdom goes , have patience and put in the effort .

Hopefully , we both become great at this .

Spyce .

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Also watch some movies with great make actors and try to emulate them as naturally as you can .

Note : I have been advised to not be overly expressive by an advanced pua because I may come off as unhinged . So , caliberation is the key . Read this . My recent experience . It was a one-off gaming session.

Steezzy

Rookie
Rookie
I've been working on this, because it's been a sticking point of mine. I edited the original Ross Jeffries Confidence Tapes to say, "the women and I are smiling" when I practice my mental imagery states. This has just blown me away, I'm smiling and smirking all day long, and women are noticing. 2nd you could use Hypnotica's Deeper Desire video. It's a 30 min meditation video with women smiling and good facial expressions in different locations and helps with your sexual state.

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
2nd you could use Hypnotica's Deeper Desire video. It's a 30 min meditation video with women smiling and good facial expressions in different locations and helps with your sexual state.
Is it available on internet? ... If so , then can you link it because I couldn't find it .

James D

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I was wondering if any one had any advice in practicing facial expressions, or making them more consistent. There are times when I can tell that I do have good expressions from the reactions and sense of connection I get from a girl when making eye contact, and there times when I can make them happen in a mirror, but it is very difficult for me to spontaneously create any semblance of an attractive expression. At times I feel dependent on reflecting back a girl's expression to her, which... Doesn't seem right. Thoughts?
I have successfully added many interesting, atractive facial expressions to my once very boring face.

One of my female friends calls me Ryan Gosling despite not looking like him at all.

She says it's because we have the same charming face.

I didn't model myself specifically after Gosling but he does have typical attractive facial expressions so I get why she would say that.

Here's how I did it:

Hyper awareness.

I became hyper aware of how my face was looking. I was in touch with the major facial muscles in my face.

Every time I would catch myself wearing my default facial expression- a blank face with my lips turned down and my eyelids dropping- I would adjust it right away (open eyes, raise eye brows and fix my mouth expression to a more neutral or playful smile)

It seems relatively simple but the execution was painful.

Whether I was lying in bed, taking a shower, walking down the street or just existing, I would make micro adjustments to my face.

Every 1 or 2 minutes I would adjust my face.

Obviously, it was mentally draining but I got results very fast.

Now, for attractive facial expressions, I treated each as a legit goal.

For instance, when I set out to adopt the "cute and sexy" look, I practiced for a total of about two hours a day in front of the mirror.

Once I managed to make the facial expression, I then made it a must to use it with girls I was interacting with.

And it was difficult because I kept forgetting.

Or I would use it but feel like I didn't quite well "perform"

Heck, I remember once talking to a girl on campus and remebering to wear the cute and sexy look. I wasn't sure whether I had worn the current one or not but I noted down the facial muscles memory of the expression I was wearing.

When she left, I went to the bathroom and wore the facial expression again, only to realize it was a weird expression.

I'd been wearing this weird expression all the while talking to this girl (not that she seemed to care btw, we did end up meeting again and having a good time)

But as for my facial expression mastery, it was hard. But I kept at it.

I figured out the difference between the weird expression and the cute and sexy look and noted down the facial muscle adjustment required to deliver the cute and sexy look.

Rinse and repeat.

Every single interaction with girls, I'd over analyse my facial expressions.

Finally came a day when I wore the cute and sexy look in the right way.

I had adopted it and did it naturally.

I was a charmer by default.

It took around two months.

This is how I did it for facial expressions.

By overly obsessing about them.

Might not be the healthiest method but it worked and, especially for me, who was massively unexpressive with my face, I needed something extreme.

Steezzy

Rookie
Rookie
Is it available on internet? ... If so , then can you link it because I couldn't find it .
I made a mega.nz drive for it. Here's the link. The folder that says Unstoppable Confidence Edited is the one you want to practice. When you practice the mental exercises make sure you pause and allow your mind to create the imagery. I put the original in the folder just so you can listen to the original tapes once and get and overall context of them. https://mega.nz/folder/QQ8WyLqZ#9nDg9Qw3jwkxgp4zV4aVYg

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I made a mega.nz drive for it. Here's the link. The folder that says Unstoppable Confidence Edited is the one you want to practice. When you practice the mental exercises make sure you pause and allow your mind to create the imagery. I put the original in the folder just so you can listen to the original tapes once and get and overall context of them. https://mega.nz/folder/QQ8WyLqZ#9nDg9Qw3jwkxgp4zV4aVYg
Thanks 🙏🏻

I have downloaded them ..

Steezzy

Rookie
Rookie
Thanks 🙏🏻

I have downloaded them ..
You're welcome! One last key note for this to really work. Is to picture yourself smiling when you practice all the Unstoppable confidence tapes, not just the first one. Always picture the women smiling as well.

Police dog

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
In my non professional opinion, it’s pointless. Here is the thing: facial expressions are no different than body language and in famous book by Alan Peaze he states in the very first chapter that you CAN’T fake it. You can practice as much as you want but when it comes to the real deal it won’t help you. The only way to have sexy body language and facial expressions is by being confident and experienced in this type of situations, that’s the only way.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@SeptemberGold,

I can tell you acting-for-the-camera lessons were a huge help for me.

I thought I was being expressive, prior to those... but I spent months listening to critique after critique from my acting teacher about how wooden my expressions were. Everyone else in the class came from a theater background and had the opposite problem, being overly expressive... they teach you to be super expressive on-stage so people in the audience can see your expressions. In acting for the camera you need more natural expressions since the camera's much closer. It probably took me 8 or 9 months of lessons before I stopped getting the "too wooden expressions" critique.

If you go for acting lessons, make sure it's acting for the camera. Stage acting risks turning you cartoonishly expressive... :D

Chase

SeptemberGold

Rookie
Rookie
Thanks everyone--It's great to know that it's possible to learn how to just be expressive by oneself without depending on the emotions and charisma of others. I think I will be obsessing over them when it's their turn to improve on next month. I've also been looking up acting lessons on the internet (not sure if that's as helpful as in person, but we'll see when I switch off of posture to facial expressions next month).

@James D, you said it took 2 months. How long would you say it took per facial expression...?

>