Opinion on voice please?

Wolfie

Space Monkey
space monkey
So been working on my voice for 4+ months and I still need to go long way, but will love to hear your opinion ane your thoughts. Does my voice sound sexy? What can I do to improve it?

Here's the link :-

P. S. - the script is take from alabaster girl by zan perrion, it's an amazing book to invest your time and money in

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Sounds a little too teathrical. Is that the way you normally speak?

Wolfie

Space Monkey
space monkey
Sounds a little too teathrical. Is that the way you normally speak?
Yup I got the same feedback from a couple of people they said you sound like a nararator, no I don't speak that way normally

pancakemouse

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yup I got the same feedback from a couple of people they said you sound like a nararator, no I don't speak that way normally
You should try posting an infield recording of you talking to a girl, or at least try and emulate one. You're not going to sound natural when reading a recording.

In my opinion, Sonny Arvado has the archetypical voice of an alpha male:

Karea Ricardus D.

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
You want to have three things: 1. nice baritone or bass 2. good resonance 3. normal delivery. No "voice acting" in set. It's good exercise but in real life when talking to girls it's over the top and comes across as weird.

The exception is when story telling, then you want to get into the emotions and act them all out. I think the best example of that is in the movie Swingers (click) when Trent tells the story about his "brother audition".

Fucking perfect delivery... this is what your story telling should be like.

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
You should try posting an infield recording of you talking to a girl, or at least try and emulate one. You're not going to sound natural when reading a recording.

In my opinion, Sonny Arvado has the archetypical voice of an alpha male:
oh shit sonny rip..... yeah nice voice, you want to sound:

- deep
-sexual etc...

wolfie I play yourvoice to my girl, she said you sound like a narrator, that is not how you want to sound...

Last edited:

Wolfie

Space Monkey
space monkey
oh shit sonny rip..... yeah nice voice, you want to sound:

- deep
-sexual etc...

wolfie I play yourvoice to my girl, she said you sound like a narrator, that is not how you want to sound...
Yup my sister said the same too she said you sound like a nararator from those animal documentaries

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Could you share some tips or exercises to sound like that, what area should I focus on, I got this course on udemy by Peter Baker. Does his voice sound sexy?

No that guys voice is not sexy at all man, he sounds like a television add. I mean, would you think it was sexy if a girl was talking to you that way? Unless you have some kink for tv commercials my guess is no.
Listen to the recording that @Skills made. It exudes sexuality, confidence, and pressence. It sounds like a man who knows where he stands. You need to slow down and get in your sexual presence. You want to feel casual and at ease, with just a touch of smoldering passion

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
No that guys voice is not sexy at all man, he sounds like a television add. I mean, would you think it was sexy if a girl was talking to you that way? Unless you have some kink for tv commercials my guess is no.
Listen to the recording that @Skills made. It exudes sexuality, confidence, and pressence. It sounds like a man who knows where he stands. You need to slow down and get in your sexual presence. You want to feel casual and at ease, with just a touch of smoldering passion
Haha I was actually trolling, the sample was the video, but thanks

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Haha I was actually trolling, the sample was the video, but thanks
Honestly thought your voice was way more casual and natural than the man in that clip.

That clip is great example of some solid push pull though. and for sure some strong vocal qualities if not a touch too frantic for my taste

Troy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

This guy named Sharp has a very dominant voice. I am thinking I would want to sound similar to him at least some of the time. Everyone in the comments is saying how cool his voice is.

What do you guys think?

P.s. He smokes so I think that may also have something to do with his voice. I cannot verify though.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
@Wolfie. Your voice is an expression of your mindset. How you see and engage in the world. It is also reply entwined in our central nervous system. Tame it, and refine it and it will be one of your greatest tools, don't and it will often betray you (or maybe expose you is the right way of putting it). It pretty much conveys a totality of character. You can certainly fake it till you make it but there are some fundamental things that can aid in it.

First, do manly things. Push yourself. Have purpose. Drive. Focus. Overcome challenging situations. Learn to think on your toes. You can do all this infield if you want but there are myriad ways to do this in life.

Next. Work out take care of your body and mind. Meditate (helps to keep a cool mind) Eat well. Take cold showers. Build your T count. Engage with your psychological reality. Seek self knowledge.

Own your sexuality. Lean into your desire not away from it. Allow your self to engage with the more sensual aspects of life.

Now the voice:
Be calm, yet engaged. Low, slow. You want presence and energy behind your voice but you don't want to sound like you are trying. Think casual. Think late night radio host, but less with the theatrics and more everyday life. Think smooth. Silky. Warn. With an element of assertivrness. Strong and steady though not forceful. Allow some life into your voice. movement. Flow. Like a river. Allow passion in when life calls for it but don't get carried away. Never getting carried away. Always cool. Always engaged. Pace your self. Moments of stillness till it feels like the dam is going to burst. Moments of smoldering energy. Like hot coals

Practice in front of the mirror and can the scripted shit. Improv. Picture yourself in different seductive scenarios. Different lines and responses you might encounter. Run it over and over until you feel like "damn even I want to fuck me"

Hope this helps

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey skills you got some tips to get that sexy voice?

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human

This guy named Sharp has a very dominant voice. I am thinking I would want to sound similar to him at least some of the time. Everyone in the comments is saying how cool his voice is.

What do you guys think?

P.s. He smokes so I think that may also have something to do with his voice. I cannot verify though.
He does a confident masculine voice. Only thing I'd say is that in this clip he is not speaking in a very seductive manner. This is more of a kicking it with the boys vibe. If he slowed down a bit and got a little sensual it hink his voice would be solid gold for seduction

>