Need to build my lifestyle

ocantu1987

Space Monkey
space monkey
I'm recently focusing purely on pick-up, i need to explore the world and get out and do other things haha I realize that because im a game nerd, im ignorant in many things people have done like I drink bud-light never tried vodka, a guy thought i was crazy cause i never tried vodka haha
I also have never been on a plane (no money really) a guy couldnt believe it either.

I also need to keep up with my music, i just now got eminems latest cd. Ive been listening to hispanic music too much.

ive picked up pool shooting, i work out 5 days a week, go to community college, work 40 hours a week. So my weekends consist of playing pool, going to bars to meet women, doing some daygame at the malls.

I think my real question is what do guys do besides pick up? i need some ideas...

Wick

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I suggest you explore what "purpose" you are passion about. That will really give you an solid idea of what things to focus on. Doing things that further your goals will be interesting to you and productive.

For me, studying nutrition, social dynamics, and fashion were motivated by my desire to grow personally, but also to share with other people. I enjoy watching a person overcome their personal challenges and take life as their own.

I also workout, parkour, skate (learning to surf soon) and spend time in nature because I just love running around like a 12 year old and feeling alive.

The world is your oyster. Figure out a rough idea for now of a purpose you're interested in and some related activities. Ideally activities that are a bit challenging and that will further your goals as you improve. Pick only a few activities at a time (maybe 1 or 2) Focusing on a few things greatly increases productivity and efficiency.

Now go explore.

;} JW

Ross

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey ocantu,

To me it sounds like you just want to include some more variety in your life. This is perfectly normal of people, too often the normal grind gets to us and we realize that we need to try something new and stimulating.

Honestly, new experiences lie in wait everywhere. One of the best ways to do this is to socialize with a wide variety of people coming from different backgrounds. Talk with piss poor people, crazy people, rich people, people from different cultures, attend different events, experience different things. We all reside within our own respective bubbles in this world, and very few ever leave that bubble.

I've personally became quite complacent in my life at the moment because I've been in the same city working on my degree/career and most of my hobbies have remained the same, with a few changes here and there. But I still can walk out this door, get to know a new person, and be exposed to an entirely different line of thought and way of living. No matter what your situation is, there's always something new out there.

Jaimie Richards

Space Monkey
space monkey
Hey Ocantu,

My two cents: in situations like yours I make a text file with all things that need to be done (let's say: duties, but now only them). Then divide them into different theme groups and make a plan what will be done at different times (for example, in a worksheet). Then you'll see how much spare time you have in the near future. Then make another list of stuff you'd like to try out so you'll know if you like it or not. Things which seem to be the most interesting ones should be tried first and then the others (decreasing interest-value).

You seem to have a lot of stuff on your plate (working, learning, pick-up, workout...) so a good plan seems crucial. Also, with ideas written down this way it's easy to think about small things to try out - to use your example, let's say on Thursday you only have 1 hour to spare, so you hit the bar and try vodka.

J.

>