Meditation to lessen the damage of past states. It really lessons the damage. :)

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Guys,

I have gone through some notes, and i want to put here that you have to do meditation to lessen the damage of past states/beliefs. When states has become thought forms with environment and your actions, it can become a killer. Remember the time when suddenly things gone wrong?

Exactly. Because you accidentally stumble and enter the state, and apparently it was a past state, albeit similar, and you didn't clean it, so to speak.

IT is true that all states exist. The irony that we can never solve poverty. So how does one clean the state? Everytime you encounter a shitty event/experience, give yourself a small piece of time from the day to actually really breathe in and breathe out, to actually feel the energy decreasing, that anger.

The energy will be lesser the next time you accidentally enter the state.

Zac

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: Meditation to lessen the damage of past states. It really lessons the damage

Hey Zac-

I believe I know exactly what you are talking about, here. Most recently, I've had to take a more mitigated approach to seduction versus my usual "throw-yourself-all-in" style because, as some of you may recall, I had reached a severely spooky state of mind from the manner in which I parted with the last girl I slept with—something I no longer blame on her, or even women in general anymore. But then, I also wondered if I might be a monster deep within… how else could I have evoked such a cold reaction in a woman? Thus, I realized I needed to take a step back and get a stable head back in my shoulders.

That was now over two months ago, yet while it still almost feels as if it were only yesterday in some respects, the time I took in slowing down probably amounted to the equivalent of meditation on some level. As part of stepping back, I chose to retreat back into my world of classical music, which not only put me back on my "mission," but music itself has a tremendous healing effect all to it's own.

In fact, I would love to share something with all of you that helped me:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UUgdbqt2ON0

It's Jacqueline du Pre, a famous and wonderful female cellist who died very young from cancer. She was married to the conductor in the video.

I also took the time to read Josehp W. South's book, Practical Female Psychology for the Practical Man—a truly exceptional read in my opinion. It helped greatly to ease the state of my mind toward women and myself.

My fitness goals are also shooting through the roof right now too…! I should probably place them a lot higher soon— :) It does feel truly amazing to have achieved so much being self-taught through just a simple, modest program. I want to continue to share with all who are interested any insight that could help. There is a fantastic video interview of Arnold Schwarzenegger, which I think contains some dynamite advice. I'm going to post a link to it soon with additional links to specific time stamps where I think the real nuclear powdered wisdom lies.

Although I have not been meditating, I think music practice and fitness workouts can serve a similar function. I'm getting ready to enjoy women again on a whole new level now.

Extra thanks to Joseph for his great book, as well as Franco, Drexel, and of course, Chase, the man himself, all of who's comments in my threads have helped me gain some healthy perspective!

Cheers,
-M

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: Meditation to lessen the damage of past states. It really lessons the damage

A few extra notes I should have included in that last post:

My thanks should also go out to NarrowJ (a.k.a. J.J.) and Anatman (a.k.a. Hector) as well.

Cody wrote a great article, I think a few weeks back, about how people can be hurt from/when others go cold—often when the person "going cold" is totally unaware. I'm typically so slow to gather my thoughts into a well-written, concise post (as in it literally takes me hours to write something most would probably write in minutes) that, in cases of greater inner conflict (within myself that is), I don't necessarily respond to all of you're wonderful advice.

Please rest assured that I am pondering it thoroughly—it does mean a lot to me!

As a last note, I would like to offer a link to an excellent speech—the same link Chase provided me in his response to my "Manipulated Man" thread. I've now read it at least three times over because I found it to be ever so enlightening. It provides some pretty eye-opening reasoning behind the difference of masculine versus feminine behavior and likely evolutionary sources of the two mind sets behind those behaviors.

"Is There Anything Good About Men?"

I hope you all find it is good a read as I did—just another source of research that helped lessen some of my own past damage.

Cheers
-M

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Mischief,

I wanted to reply a few responses. I will get back to it. :)

Zac

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

ZacAdam said:
Mischief,

I wanted to reply a few responses. I will get back to it. :)

Zac

I look forward to reading your reply.

I keep thinking of more things to say after the fact—part of the reason my posting is so slow.

About the speech: I wanted to draw particular attention to the part about the male need to form large numbers of "shallow" social connections. In hindsight, this is one more thing in which I've personally had a terrible role model: my former mentor got far too close to his students' parents, various faculty, and me.

In my mind (back then), a person could either be very close to me or carry no meaning in my life whatsoever—just black and white. In short, my therapist called this "boundary issues." I imagine that very unhealthy mindset made me look like quite the creeper to a good many people—men and women alike!

In the past twelve months or so, I've been reaching out to a lot of people I had previously closed out of my life while also taking careful watch of appropriate boundaries in the process—many have been responsive! Having read that speech in context of personal experience, the building of a healthy, male social life now makes a lot more sense to me.

Again, hat tip to Chase for posting that link—thank you!

-M

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Mischief,

Mischief said:
That was now over two months ago, yet while it still almost feels as if it were only yesterday in some respects, the time I took in slowing down probably amounted to the equivalent of meditation on some level. As part of stepping back, I chose to retreat back into my world of classical music, which not only put me back on my "mission," but music itself has a tremendous healing effect all to it's own.

Taking a step back is the action. The end result is stepping back. and feeling, with help of music. Music and Passion tend to be easy because it's simple for feeling aspect.

Some notes here i wanted to share.

Mischief said:
I also wondered if I might be a monster deep within… how else could I have evoked such a cold reaction in a woman?

This depends on where you come from, what's your first experience, what you learn from the mainstream media and what you did at that time and the social culture.

It's abit too much but it influences. Some notes here i wanted to share.

Mischief said:
Josehp W. South's book, Practical Female Psychology for the Practical Man—a truly exceptional read in my opinion. It helped greatly to ease the state of my mind toward women and myself.

Thanks for the book reference.

Mischief said:
music practice and fitness workouts can serve a similar function. I'm getting ready to enjoy women again on a whole new level now.

Exactly. that's the thing. Music and Fitness is very relatable. But keep in mind. Music and Fitness is still an end result and a feeling, just as a bad experience and first time experience.

That's the key. Human Being. "Human" - Practical. "Being" - Feeling

Once i apply this, my life has been slightly easier. It still in the works. so pardon me.

Mischief said:
my therapist called this "boundary issues."

Most therapies haven't gone through depression themselves. So i like to highlight this. "Boundary issues" is an interesting subject. Do sit by yourself in a place where nobody knows who you are or you definitely know people will not disturb you.

You will find something, it can be painful, but be aware of the end result, what you did and who those people were like This will help you build better boundaries but we are never perfect. For now, respect why you have boundaries. IT's a self defence mechanism. Eventually you find peace.

Zac

Lotus

Modern Human
Modern Human

Although I have not been meditating, I think music practice and fitness workouts can serve a similar function.

I'm pretty new into mindfullness, so pardon me if I'm stating the obvious, but in The Power of Now Echkart Tolle argues it does serve the same function. When you meditate you are concious or "being" as he refers to it, meaning you aren't worried about the past or the present. In that "being" state all your stressors disapear because you are just present in the current moment.

Most people live in the past and the future rather then the present. They are constantly worrying about what has happened or what will happen, rather then focus on the NOW. Meditation is not the only way to become present/concious/being.

Music, sports, fitness, enjoying nature all have similar effects beacuse you are entirely present in the moment. Playing music is impossible if your mind is distracted/unconcious/not present.

It's interesting because he also argues this is why people use drugs. They work as a cruch to temporarily and artificially allow you to be conscious.

I have gone through some notes, and i want to put here that you have to do meditation to lessen the damage of past states/beliefs

Definitley agree, relating this to the above, the damage the past states/beliefs you are refering to are caused by not being present and meditation helps decrease that and remove the judgements of your egoic mind.

Again, maybe I'm restating common themes but this area is still new.

brum

Motiv

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

brum said:

Playing music is impossible if your mind is distracted/unconcious/not present.

This!

I really have to get on the ball with getting up that Schwarzenegger interview I promised—thing is, I want to post it in context of some new shots of myself I have yet to take to illustrate a comparison with celebrity shots that keep me motivated. As vain as that sounds, I think this relates heavily to what Schwarzenegger talks about, which is also related to the quote from Brum above.

During my workouts, I must be totally in the moment (the zone, if you will)—my concentration must be 100% dedicated to facing my genuine limitations, so that I can push beyond them just enough to shock my muscles to grow but without injury. Since I am only working out to a maximum of one hour, I know I need to make every rep of every set count—I do that by getting my mind into the muscle and keeping my dream on the vision of the way I want to see myself.

The concentration that comes from living in the moment is the real key.

-M

>