I just got cold approached by a guy

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It was a fun experience to be on the other side of things! Quite a bit to learn from it.

I was sitting on a chair on the street (they have these here instead of benches), sipping at a take-away coffee. Suddently this guy appeared from out of nowhere and said something that sounds like "Is nice!"

I was like "what?"

Guy: "Is nice" - vaguely signalling at my coffee (I think)
Me: "The coffee? Yes, it's good"
Guy "Holodo from" - that's what it sounded like. Took me a while to figure it out
Me: "Sorry?"
Guy "Holodo from" - I wasn't sure whether he wanted to know where I got my coffee or what
Me: "I don't understand"
Guy "You don't speak English?"
Me: "Yes!"
Guy "Holodo from" (lol) Ok I think he wants to know where I'm from.
Me: "I live here. And you?"
Guy "You from here?" (completely ignoring my question)
Me: "Yes"
Guy: "Is nice"
Me: "Yep..."

He also held out his hand/fist at some point, not sure if he wanted me to handshake him or what so I just fist-bumped him with my left hand, as non-committal as possible.

After this weird exchange, he walked away and sat down on a bench close to where I was sitting. Maybe he hoped I would reopen him or something? Lol, not gonna happen.

It took me a while to digest the situation, then I realized that I had just been cold approached. I had a good chuckle, thinking that wow, that's what you're doing with girls! Just that this guy seemed really clueless. But hey, maybe if you're into dudes it's easier? The straight ones will just ignore you, and the gay ones will be on top of you. I'm not gay, but he was not too bad looking, and young (maybe 25-30).

Here's what went through my head:

- At first I was thinking he is talking about my coffee. He said "nice", did he want to know whether the coffee was nice? Then "mumble mumble from", gesturing at my coffee cup... he wants to know where to get a good coffee or what?
- Then I realized he wanted to know where I'm from. I didn't want to tell him so I just said I live here (which was true).
- After he didn't reply to me asking him back where he's from., gave him short answers and stopped looking at him. His communication skills in English were abysmal... and anyway, I'm not into dudes. No chance of having a normal friendly chat with this guy, so bug off
- He walked off and sat nearby... I guess it's a good move to give the other party a chance to reopen you/ check you out from a safe distance or whatever.

Some lessons to be learned here for my own approaches with girls!

Off the top of my head, what he didn't do well:
- Don't appear from out of nowhere (it wasn't a complete deal breaker but it startled me)
- Speak clearly
- If the other party doesn't understand, rephrase what you're saying, don't repeat the same thing over and over (I think he said "Holodo from" at least 3 times)
- Make your intentions known (did he just want a friendly chat, or was it a pickup attempt?)

What he did well:
- If you decide to bail, stay nearby for a while so the other person has a chance to reevaluate their attitude

Last edited:

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
It was a fun experience to be on the other side of things! Quite a bit to learn from it.

I was sitting on a chair on the street (they have these here instead of benches), sipping at a take-away coffee. Suddently this guy appeared from out of nowhere and said something that sounds like "Is nice!"

I was like "what?"

Guy "Holodo from" - that's what it sounded like. Took me a while to figure it out
Guy "Holodo from" - I wasn't sure whether he wanted to know where I got my coffee or what

He also held out his hand/fist at some point, not sure if he wanted me to handshake him or what so I just fist-bumped him with my left hand, as non-committal as possible.

After this weird exchange, he walked away and sat down on a bench close to where I was sitting. Maybe he hoped I would reopen him or something? Lol, not gonna happen.

It took me a while to digest the situation, then I realized that I had just been cold approached. I had a good chuckle, thinking that wow, that's what you're doing with girls! Just that this guy seemed really clueless. But hey, maybe if you're into dudes it's easier? The straight ones will just ignore you, and the gay ones will be on top of you. I'm not gay, but he was not too bad looking, and young (maybe 25-30).

- At first I was thinking he is talking about my coffee. He said "nice", did he want to know whether the coffee was nice? Then "mumble mumble from", gesturing at my coffee cup... he wants to know where to get a good coffee or what?
- Then I realized he wanted to know where I'm from. I didn't want to tell him so I just said I live here (which was true).
- After he didn't reply to me asking him back where he's from., gave him short answers and stopped looking at him. His communication skills in English were abysmal... and anyway, I'm not into dudes. No chance of having a normal friendly chat with this guy, so bug off
- He walked off and sat nearby... I guess it's a good move to give the other party a chance to reopen you/ check you out from a safe distance or whatever.

- Don't appear from out of nowhere (it wasn't a complete deal breaker but it startled me)
- Speak clearly
- If the other party doesn't understand, rephrase what you're saying, don't repeat the same thing over and over (I think he said "Holodo from" at least 3 times)
- Make your intentions known (did he just want a friendly chat, or was it a pickup attempt?)

What he did well:
- If you decide to bail, stay nearby for a while so the other person has a chance to reevaluate their attitude
Happened something similar with me last year during day time .

That guy looked super feminine ( femboy vibes ) .. and he opened me indirectly .

I just talked for a bit then I ejected .

Felt really awkward .

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yes it was awkward.

I kind of empathize with hot girls who get this all the time. The cluelessness of the guys, not knowing what his intentions are...

That's probably why they melt when a seducer comes along who really knows his game.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
For the snatch tournament:

Gettling laid by a gay guy (as a straight male) - minus 100 points

or more like -500

ChrisXKiss

Space Monkey
space monkey
Haha, that reminds me, I once approached a guy sitting at a table outside a hotel by himself. I was trying to develop my muscle of going up and talking to strangers, so I saw him, he looked cool, so I opened him, sat there and talked to him. Later his father came and we all had a chat together. Pretty good looking guy but his vibe was telling me he was more towards the nice guy territory, his father felt more masculine. It surely was a fun social freedom exercise, but no idea what they thought of me randomly approaching like that 😂

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
When we had a PR rep she suggested we add a section to Girls Chase for gay guys about how to pick up guys so we could get some mainstream traction (MSM loves gay stuff). I was like, “As soon as we make it a gay site, that will just take over everything else.”

Gay guys start posting on the snatch tournament… “Let’s see, 4 new lays this weekend… there was Jake in the club bathroom, and Simon in the alley outside, then the threesome with Ben and Theo… puts me at 17 for the month so far. How you boys all doing? ;)🌈

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
When we had a PR rep she suggested we add a section to Girls Chase for gay guys about how to pick up guys so we could get some mainstream traction (MSM loves gay stuff). I was like, “As soon as we make it a gay site, that will just take over everything else.”

Gay guys start posting on the snatch tournament… “Let’s see, 4 new lays this weekend… there was Jake in the club bathroom, and Simon in the alley outside, then the threesome with Ben and Theo… puts me at 17 for the month so far. How you boys all doing? ;)🌈
And what would you even write about? I mean, if a guy can get laid with "Holodo from"...

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I guess i will request for chase to create a different field report designation...... to field report then rainbow flag, go to krove snatch competition and see if it counts as points.....
Yeah, then I'm already in front of everybody :cautious:
Just wish they were polite enough to talk to me first like they did with the op....more like drooling over my butt and crotch and looking at me like they are selling ass on the street corner

Skills

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Yeah, then I'm already in front of everybody :cautious:
Just wish they were polite enough to talk to me first like they did with the op....more like drooling over my butt and crotch and looking at me like they are selling ass on the street corner
well but is normal attractive guys/or guys with sex appeal are going to get hit by other men, yes there are more aggressive gay guys in ny, Miami, brazil...

Anyways op, take a look at this post:

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Yeah, it's happened before. But this was the first time since I'm doing day game myself.

Before, I was just creeped out when guys hit on me... now I'm analyzing them from a gamer's perspective :D

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human

I was like "what?"

- Speak clearly

What he did well:
wait @gameboy that was you!?!?!

I was just trying to find out where you got that coffee. I promise.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
but for real I've had dudes approach me before and they didn't always have gay intentions (that I knew of)

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Yeah you know I also wanted to say this. Sometimes guys try to befriend you even though awkwardly
That's a VERY different approach.
Gay dudes try to build sexual tension...straight dudes, even when socially awkward, avoid it like the plague

>