How to remove cigarette smell from body

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I just want to get rid of the smell from my body .

Any tips ... You guys use will be great help cuz sometimes it feels like my breath stinks .

Surveyor

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
stop smoking
^^
Even smoking less will help. If a person’s body is shedding the scent of tobacco, it usually means they smoke at least a pack a day, if not more.

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
^^
Even smoking less will help. If a person’s body is shedding the scent of tobacco, it usually means they smoke at least a pack a day, if not more.
What ????

I just smoke 4-5 cigarettes per day.

Last edited:

DarkJedi

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Brushing your teeth after smoking, strong mints, having an orange. Nothing path breaking, but they do help.

Also wash your hands thoroughly. Those fingers holding the cigarette smell big time.

And yeah, quitting smoking is the best way ;)

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Actually.

You are right .
smoked from the age of 14 till around 26/28. yuck. Amongst other benefits I can now do 3 minute breath holds. So yeah, night and day over here. I can give you pointers if you want to take that step.

Last edited:

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
smoked from the age of 14 till around 26/28. yuck. Amongst other benefits I can now do 3 minute breath holds. So yeah, night and day over here. I can give you pointers if you want to take that step.
I started smoking August 2022 .

Quit it this mid April .

Re started smoking just after mid October , cuz I went on 4th date with a girl who was into me but still couldn't kiss her and it felt like I needed a masculine edge so maybe made a mistake of smoking again .

I would love to quit it again for good cuz it's fucking up my appetite , mood , breath , stamina.

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
I started smoking August 2022 .

Quit it this mid April .

Re started smoking just after mid October , cuz I went on 4th date with a girl who was into me but still couldn't kiss her and it felt like I needed a masculine edge so maybe made a mistake of smoking again .

I would love to quit it again for good cuz it's fucking up my appetite , mood , breath , stamina
Well at only 4 cigs a day and one year in you are not too deep into this thing. So that's good. Doesn't mean it will be easy (though it might), but at least you are not deep within the bowls of the beast.

I can't go all Andrew Huberman for you and give you a bunch of scientific facts. But maybe my journey/ perspective will help.

First off. Tobacco is a toxic lover. The only way to view it is as a parasitic teacher, that is only a teacher in the sense that standing up to it shows you your weakness and how you can become emotionally exploited. I say this because nicotine has its medicinal qualities, which could be seen as a virtue (especially in moderate amounts) but ultimately it's negatives outweigh the positives (even in moderation). And at its worst it is a straight up vampiric force that seeks to drain you of all your life and wellbeing. It entices with it's virtues and once you open the door to it will feed on you.

If you want to kick tobacco to the curb you have to treat it like a terrible creature that you are embroiled in a life or death battle with. You have to learn how it operates against you, and then beat it back unrelenting until it doesn't dare more knocking at your door. It is a spiritual battle, and if you give it an inch it will take a few hundred miles.

With this in mind you can put aside any notions that tobacco is anything else but bad for you. "It gives me a masculine edge" "it helps me relax" "it makes it easier to socialize" and so on. These are all bullshit stories we make up to obscure the deeper wound that nicotine is feeding on. Pieces of our identity that it latches onto. Like our sense of masculinity. It whispers in your ear telling you that you need it for this or that or this or that. "You need me" "you need me" "you need me". It's a lie. You literally need tobacco for Jack shit. Unless you just want to feel terrible. But even then you could find other ways...

Understand this about tobacco. The solution it offers, is to the problem it creates. Every time it relieves your anxiety. It is relieving any anxiety it created by feeding off of your weakness.

So now that you have decided that tobacco is a useless monster you can take it face on.

Don't slouch on any of this thinking "well its not that bad. I can quit any time I want. This seems like a lot of an effort for such a small habit" blah blah blah. Tobacco lies. This is a demon that seeks to beat you down. Don't slouch in its presence, or it will take you for a ride like you are its little bitch.

First write down all the ways that you feel tobacco has benefited your life. All the nice times you spent with friends that you associate with it. All the times it helped you open a girl "got a smoke?". All the quiet moments in contemplation.

Now write down ways you could have had those experiences regardless.

Now identify what secret need tobacco is replacing in all those scenarios. Like all the times it helped you open a girl it was a crutch for not learning other openers. Or when you were smoking with friends it was feeding on a deep desire to fit in with the crowd, even if it meant hurting yourself. Moments of contemplation, trouble just being still with your self.

Dig deep into all the how's and why's around all the psychological and and emotional associations.

Also write down all the events and psychological realities associated with the era in which you took up smoking. There will a lot of insight here. Be willing to trace the roots of these feelings back as far in your life as you can. They probably started way before the smoking habit, tobacco just eventually found an opening and got its claws in.

Now write down all the nasty things tobacco says to you on those moments. "you're not good enough" "your weak" and so on

Now write down all the nasty ways it makes you feel. in your body and mind. All the things is takes from you. The opportunity to be a better stronger man on all fronts.

Paint a picture of the version of yourself that hopelessly needs tobacco (not literally paint it, unless you are feeling creative).

By the end of this process you want to have a sort of road map to all the psychological associations and triggers around smoking.

Now on one paper you create an list of anecdotes to all the problems tobacco "solves" for you. Alternative solutions. Phrases you can tell your self. Activities you can do. You mentioned that you feel it adds a masculine edge to your life (total bullshit), well keep affirming masculine qualities you already poses. And so on. Your anecdote list. You are going to hang onto this. Everything else you are going to burn in a ritual.

The ritual is simple. Go out to somewhere in the middle of nowhere where you never intend to return to. Take your writings with you. As well as a pouch of tobacco or a pack of cigs, and any other objects that you have associated with smoking. Maybe some objects that remind you of the time you picked up smoking or the wounds that tobacco has been feeding on.

This is the death if your tobacco self. The nasty, distorted, sense of yourself that needs tobacco. This part of you is dead and gone. And like all dead things it can never be resurrected. This ritual is its funeral. You will reflect on it all then bury it or burn it all up. The papers, the objects, the memories, the part of yourself that "needs" tobacco.

One last important step. You are going to smoke one last cigarette. But you are NOT GOING TO INHALE. This is crucial. you must show this beast that it no longer has control over you. Stand up to its pull, straight on. Staring it in the eyes. With each puff you blow it out into the atmosphere. Letting go of all its power over you. Just blowing it away like little clouds.

Okay now that that part of you is dead and gone you have to be prepared for its ghost to start haunting you. There will be an initial "grieving" period. The first 4 days will be the hardest. This will be a struggle you need to view as life or death. The demon wants back in your life and it will do everything it can. You will have to use everything you got against it. All those affirmations and anecdotes will come in handy.

The thing with an addiction is that it is just a series of habits. Both psychological and physical. The psychological habits are the root, that is why you have to address it and cut it off there. Then you can reshape the psychological imaging. The physical habits just reinforce the psychological reality. So you use your habits as your weapon against this beast. Everytime as nasty thought pops up trying to entice you back, you affirm the opposite. Everytime you feel the physical urge to smoke you replace it with another physical habit. You practice your guitar. Or do push ups, or throw a tennis ball against a wall. Whatever you gotta do. You want a smoke. Do something else instead.

Physical Exercise will be your biggest ally. Especially if it winds you. I recommend sprinting or burpees. Anytime the urge kicks in sprint your ass off quick and hard. This is literally you beating the demon down whenever it rears its head.

"you are already dead"

You will have to change your social habits as well. Any triggering social situations I would recommend avoiding at the very least for a week. But if you can a month is preferable. If you have a bunch of friends who like to hang around and smoke, invite them out for other activities instead. If they are not down. Maybe it would suit you to make some new.friends into other activities/ mindsets. This isn't to say don't be friends with smokers. Just recognize their influence and set strong boundaries for your self.

Now this is a beast that can rear its head even years after having killed it. So have tools for beating it back ever on the ready. If you accidentally slip up and have a smoke, catch yourself a few drags in, snuff that fucker and do some burpees.

Eventually it will never make sense that you smoked in the first place. It will seem pointless and disgusting. One drag will make feel like shit. You will be able to be around smoking and not have a single urge to partake.

Oh one last tool. Practice breathing exercises regularly. Learn to love and appreciate your breath. Build an intimate relationship with it. I recommend looking into Wim Hot breathing as it is a profound way to connect with your breath and also blast away stress and anxiety. If you did it for a few rounds everytime you wanted a smoke you would kick the habit in no time.

Also gently but firmly knocking your chest and ribs with your fists to stimulate your lungs. Followed by a lung clearing breath. Take a deep breath in then exhale in short sharp bursts. You interrupt the exhale by using your abdomen to create the bursts. So while one long exhale looks like ____________ this exhale looks like __.__.__.___.___.__. Pushing the air out with force. Short bursts until your lungs are empty. Then a long deep inhale and repeat. after every 6 or 7 breaths do a quick round of knocking your ribs with your fists. Then Back to breathing. This will help your lungs to clear the tar from smoking.

Hope that helps. Thanks for entertaining my long winded post!

Last edited:

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well at only 4 cigs a day and one year in you are not too deep into this thing. So that's good. Doesn't mean it will be easy (though it might), but at least you are not deep within the bowls of the beast.

I can't go all Andrew Huberman for you and give you a bunch of scientific facts. But maybe my journey/ perspective will help.

First off. Tobacco is a toxic lover. The only way to view it is as a parasitic teacher, that is only a teacher in the sense that standing up to it shows you your weakness and how you can become emotionally exploited. I say this because nicotine has its medicinal qualities, which could be seen as a virtue (especially in moderate amounts) but ultimately it's negatives outweigh the positives (even in moderation). And at its worst it is a straight up vampiric force that seeks to drain you of all your life and wellbeing. It entices with it's virtues and once you open the door to it will feed on you.

If you want to kick tobacco to the curb you have to treat it like a terrible creature that you are embroiled in a life or death battle with. You have to learn how it operates against you, and then beat it back unrelenting until it doesn't dare more knocking at your door. It is a spiritual battle, and if you give it an inch it will take a few hundred miles.

With this in mind you can put aside any notions that tobacco is anything else but bad for you. "It gives me a masculine edge" "it helps me relax" "it makes it easier to socialize" and so on. These are all bullshit stories we make up to obscure the deeper wound that nicotine is feeding on. Pieces of our identity that it latches onto. Like our sense of masculinity. It whispers in your ear telling you that you need it for this or that or this or that. "You need me" "you need me" "you need me". It's a lie. You literally need tobacco for Jack shit. Unless you just want to feel terrible. But even then you could find other ways...

Understand this about tobacco. The solution it offers, is to the problem it creates. Every time it relieves your anxiety. It is relieving any anxiety it created by feeding off of your weakness.

So now that you have decided that tobacco is a useless monster you can take it face on.

Don't slouch on any of this thinking "well its not that bad. I can quit any time I want. This seems like a lot of an effort for such a small habit" blah blah blah. Tobacco lies. This is a demon that seeks to beat you down. Don't slouch in its presence, or it will take you for a ride like you are its little bitch.

First write down all the ways that you feel tobacco has benefited your life. All the nice times you spent with friends that you associate with it. All the times it helped you open a girl "got a smoke?". All the quiet moments in contemplation.

Now write down ways you could have had those experiences regardless.

Now identify what secret need tobacco is replacing in all those scenarios. Like all the times it helped you open a girl it was a crutch for not learning other openers. Or when you were smoking with friends it was feeding on a deep desire to fit in with the crowd, even if it meant hurting yourself. Moments of contemplation, trouble just being still with your self.

Dig deep into all the how's and why's around all the psychological and and emotional associations.

Also write down all the events and psychological realities associated with the era in which you took up smoking. There will a lot of insight here. Be willing to trace the roots of these feelings back as far in your life as you can. They probably started way before the smoking habit, tobacco just eventually found an opening and got its claws in.

Now write down all the nasty things tobacco says to you on those moments. "you're not good enough" "your weak" and so on

Now write down all the nasty ways it makes you feel. in your body and mind. All the things is takes from you. The opportunity to be a better stronger man on all fronts.

Paint a picture of the version of yourself that hopelessly needs tobacco (not literally paint it, unless you are feeling creative).

By the end of this process you want to have a sort of road map to all the psychological associations and triggers around smoking.

Now on one paper you create an list of anecdotes to all the problems tobacco "solves" for you. Alternative solutions. Phrases you can tell your self. Activities you can do. You mentioned that you feel it adds a masculine edge to your life (total bullshit), well keep affirming masculine qualities you already poses. And so on. Your anecdote list. You are going to hang onto this. Everything else you are going to burn in a ritual.

The ritual is simple. Go out to somewhere in the middle of nowhere where you never intend to return to. Take your writings with you. As well as a pouch of tobacco or a pack of cigs, and any other objects that you have associated with smoking. Maybe some objects that remind you of the time you picked up smoking or the wounds that tobacco has been feeding on.

This is the death if your tobacco self. The nasty, distorted, sense of yourself that needs tobacco. This part of you is dead and gone. And like all dead things it can never be resurrected. This ritual is its funeral. You will reflect on it all then bury it or burn it all up. The papers, the objects, the memories, the part of yourself that "needs" tobacco.

One last important step. You are going to smoke one last cigarette. But you are NOT GOING TO INHALE. This is crucial. you must show this beast that it no longer has control over you. Stand up to its pull, straight on. Staring it in the eyes. With each puff you blow it out into the atmosphere. Letting go of all its power over you. Just blowing it away like little clouds.

Okay now that that part of you is dead and gone you have to be prepared for its ghost to start haunting you. There will be an initial "grieving" period. The first 4 days will be the hardest. This will be a struggle you need to view as life or death. The demon wants back in your life and it will do everything it can. You will have to use everything you got against it. All those affirmations and anecdotes will come in handy.

The thing with an addiction is that it is just a series of habits. Both psychological and physical. The psychological habits are the root, that is why you have to address it and cut it off there. Then you can reshape the psychological imaging. The physical habits just reinforce the psychological reality. So you use your habits as your weapon against this beast. Everytime as nasty thought pops up trying to entice you back, you affirm the opposite. Everytime you feel the physical urge to smoke you replace it with another physical habit. You practice your guitar. Or do push ups, or throw a tennis ball against a wall. Whatever you gotta do. You want a smoke. Do something else instead.

Physical Exercise will be your biggest ally. Especially if it winds you. I recommend sprinting or burpees. Anytime the urge kicks in sprint your ass off quick and hard. This is literally you beating the demon down whenever it rears its head.

"you are already dead"

You will have to change your social habits as well. Any triggering social situations I would recommend avoiding at the very least for a week. But if you can a month is preferable. If you have a bunch of friends who like to hang around and smoke, invite them out for other activities instead. If they are not down. Maybe it would suit you to make some new.friends into other activities/ mindsets. This isn't to say don't be friends with smokers. Just recognize their influence and set strong boundaries for your self.

Now this is a beast that can rear its head even years after having killed it. So have tools for beating it back ever on the ready. If you accidentally slip up and have a smoke, catch yourself a few drags in, snuff that fucker and do some burpees.

Eventually it will never make sense that you smoked in the first place. It will seem pointless and disgusting. One drag will make feel like shit. You will be able to be around smoking and not have a single urge to partake.

Oh one last tool. Practice breathing exercises regularly. Learn to love and appreciate your breath. Build an intimate relationship with it. I recommend looking into Wim Hot breathing as it is a profound way to connect with your breath and also blast away stress and anxiety. If you did it for a few rounds everytime you wanted a smoke you would kick the habit in no time.

Also gently but firmly knocking your chest and ribs with your fists to stimulate your lungs. Followed by a lung clearing breath. Take a deep breath in then exhale in short sharp bursts. You interrupt the exhale by using your abdomen to create the bursts. So while one long exhale looks like ____________ this exhale looks like __.__.__.___.___.__. Pushing the air out with force. Short bursts until your lungs are empty. Then a long deep inhale and repeat. after every 6 or 7 breaths do a quick round of knocking your ribs with your fists. Then Back to breathing. This will help your lungs to clear the tar from smoking.

Hope that helps. Thanks for entertaining my long winded post!
I did the ritual around 2 hours ago .

Teevster

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Well smoking clearly is bad for you, but smelling cigarette has never been an issue for me or anyone in this field.

And yeah I have smoked up a full pack of cigarettes in field. Never been an issue.

(Not saying you should smoke 1 pack per outing - I cut down on it drastically... just a side-effect of being stuck in the smoking area all night... also PS: I don't smoke when not in field - as in most week days)

-Teevster

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Problem with smoking is that it destroys your sense of taste and smell.
This is why smokers never realize how bad they smell and taste to non-smokers.
I'm currently dating a super light smoker, and even her being super careful with it, I can feel that awful cigarette taste at the very end of her kisses.
She will never be more than a FB, and I will continue to avoid long kisses with her...just because she is a smoker.
It's not about quantity....one cigarette per day can have that effect.

To the OP, smoking is dumb.
I cannot see any long term advantage in doing it (it can also make your pipi limb ffs).
Just quit it and see your quality of life improve by ten fold.

Last edited:

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I can see not long term advantage in doing it (it can also make your pipi limb ffs).
Just quit it and see your quality of life improve by ten fold
I already have , from today .

I actually see no good from smoking now .

I restarted smoking after 6 months gap .

But ... Now I have quit again for good cuz it definitely was having negative impacts on my digestion , mood , hunger , drive , stamina in just one month time .

And I feel a bit calm with spordaic burst of urges .

And I know that I will get these strong urges to smoke tomorrow morning .

But I won't smoke .

I will chew wood .

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well smoking clearly is bad for you, but smelling cigarette has never been an issue for me or anyone in this field.

And yeah I have smoked up a full pack of cigarettes in field. Never been an issue.

(Not saying you should smoke 1 pack per outing - I cut down on it drastically... just a side-effect of being stuck in the smoking area all night... also PS: I don't smoke when not in field - as in most week days)

-Teevster
Actually , some people close to me told me that I smell of cigarettes . ( And even though ... I never told them that I smoke )

Well ,. Tbh ... For me it's like smoking or not smoking , I can't smoke for 1-2 days and stop smoking on weekdays .

Hence why I have quit smoking habit , now .

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
I already have , from today .

I actually see no good from smoking now .

I restarted smoking after 6 months gap .

But ... Now I have quit again for good cuz it definitely was having negative impacts on my digestion , mood , hunger , drive , stamina in just one month time .

And I feel a bit calm with spordaic burst of urges .

And I know that I will get these strong urges to smoke tomorrow morning .

But I won't smoke .

I will chew wood .
That's what's up man. It's dead and gone.

When it tries to come back you beat it down. Chew wood (lol)
Wind yourself (burpees, sprinting)
Cold showers
whatever you gotta do

Life or death.

Mock it and remind it of its place

"you're already dead"

Affirm the truth of your masculinity. Conquer the beast.

Affirm your life with out it. Your natural good health and well being

"I am strong as fuck"

love your breath. Be intimate and close with it. Long deep breaths. Savoring every breath. Lung clearing breaths to cast the demon out.

Also Wim Hof breathing will blast through the urges and anxiety

Life is so free without a monkey on your back.

Warped Mindless

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Problem with smoking is that it destroys your sense of taste and smell.
This is why smokers never realize how bad they smell and taste to non-smokers.
I'm currently dating a super light smoker, and even her being super careful with it, I can feel that awful cigarette taste at the very end of her kisses.
She will never be more than a FB, and I will continue to avoid long kisses with her...just because she is a smoker.
It's not about quantity....one cigarette per day can have that effect.

I cannot see any long term advantage in doing it (it can also make your pipi limb ffs).
Just quit it and see your quality of life improve by ten fold.
Amen.

Now a days I simply refuse to fuck around with smokers. Shit gives me a massive headach.

Spyce D

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
@Spyce D checking in on your progress here
I had good success but due to some shit , I ended up smoking again since last 2 months .

Maybe it was cuz a date I went on with went so bland with a girl I really liked (and things ended after that between us ) and now I remember a wing of mine asked me to do nightgame with him .

Yeah , I got drunk in the club and smoked with him and chicks we were talking with .

That got me hooked again .

I tried quitting again but could never reach past 3 days .

It sucks but I have to leave it again .

And thanks for checking in man .

It means a lot and I will quit right now .

But one thing I don't know is how did I end up smoking again as a habit .. most likely It was due to the company and the atmosphere of night club .

So , I need to have enough will power to not get influenced again by other people and environment I am in .

Now a days I simply refuse to fuck around with smokers. Shit gives me a massive headach.
Can relate , anytime I smoke .. I get headache and cough .

And one more thing I realised after going on quite a few dates is that smoking is a actually bit of a turn off for some women too . And when they would know that I used to smoke but quit ...they were so pleased .

StrayDog

Modern Human
Modern Human
yeah, that's what kept me coming back to it for a long time. going out and being around it and not resisting the urge. next thing you know you're hooked again.

review that post I made for you on quitting, and just keep fighting the fight. Every time you kick it's ass, it gets weaker and weaker. One day you will wake up to find you haven't had a cigarette in ages, and the thought of it disgusts you. You will be able to be around it with zero urge to do it yourself.

You just have to remember the tools you have to beat it down when it rears it's head. And remember, it's already dead. Your buried it. The urges you feel are just a ghost.

>