Calls & Texts  How to keep the message thread going

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So I recently re-engaged with a chick through Facebook messenger after about 2 1/2 years of radio silence on her part. We’re both in the same Facebook group devoted to a band we like. After some light Facebook stalking, I noticed that we also both used to live in the same town on the east coast. She replied to my first message, but then ignored the second. Yesterday, she posted a photo on Facebook she took at a concert by the band. Here’s our exchange:

Me: You got a good spot on the floor!

Her: We actually had seats! We were the second row and it was amazing! Been a while sorry to accidentally ghost you on your last message. How you doing?!

Me: Oh nice! Super cool and unique concert experience. Wish I could be there.
A friend of mine does production/lights/roadie for bands. He said he might be able to get passes to see tonights show, but evidently he couldn’t. I’m getting ready for the band conference next month. My band is doing a show there. Swing by! (I sent her the Facebook event Page)

Her: Oh man that sucks he couldn’t get tickets. Hope he ends up getting in somehow! We still need tomorrow. Definitely will check out your shows coming up! Looks sweet!

Me: I’m somewhat amazed that there’s an academic conference devoted to this band. Fortunate that it’s close to home, I think some people are flying in for it. Are you going? Have a great show tonight!

Her: Yea that sounds so cool! I don’t have tickets tonight sadly. Hoping for the best but gonna have to be a miracle

—————
And that’s where it’s at now. I’m not really sure what to reply with besides “Good luck!”

She might come to the show next month, she might not. But the connection is warm now and I’d like to keep it warm. Any ideas?

Higher

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I dont think you have to keep the convo going. I wouldnt wait for next month either. Its looking good already - she even apologized for ghosting you.

Id ping her in a couple days, chit-chat a bit, throw in some banter and then soft-close with, hey would love to catch up one of these days and know whats up with you.

According to her response, you can then hard-close as per Skills process.

>