Books & Articles  How NOT to get girls

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
http://www.geekologie.com/2013/01/ahaha ... so-wro.php

The poor bastard. Someone should send him a link to GirlsChase. I'm sure Chase wouldn't mind the extra cash. For real though, this is a perfect example of what Chase is always talking about. It's not the money that will attract girls, it's the personality and the social savvy to go with it.

Thinkingenigma

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Maybe Chase could offer to help him get laid in exchange for the shirt?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Thinkingenigma said:
Maybe Chase could offer to help him get laid in exchange for the shirt?

Chase doesn't need to work anymore. HAHA! That kind of gold brings much money.

Zac

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I've been intending to do a write up on this at some point, but for now...

Peacocks, Porsches, and Thorstein Veblen: Conspicuous consumption as a sexual signaling system.

Journal of Personality and Social Psychology said:
Conspicuous consumption is a form of economic behavior in which self-presentational concerns override desires to obtain goods at bargain prices. Showy spending may be a social signal directed at potential mates. We investigated such signals by examining (a) which individuals send them, (b) which contexts trigger them, and (c) how observers interpret them. Three experiments demonstrated that conspicuous consumption is driven by men who are following a lower investment (vs. higher investment) mating strategy and is triggered specifically by short-term (vs. long-term) mating motives. A fourth experiment showed that observers interpret such signals accurately, with women perceiving men who conspicuously consume as being interested in short-term mating. Furthermore, conspicuous purchasing enhanced men's desirability as a short-term (but not as a long-term) mate. Overall, these findings suggest that flaunting status-linked goods to potential mates is not simply about displaying economic resources. Instead, conspicuous consumption appears to be part of a more precise signaling system focused on short-term mating. These findings contribute to an emerging literature on human life-history strategies.

In other words, the researchers found that men who throw money away in obvious ways (such as on very expensive trinkets or displays of wealth) tend to be more attractive to women for hooking-up.

In my opinion, if this guy has the $230,000 to spare, I see no reason to recommend against him getting his solid gold shirt.

The only advice I'd give him is, "Be careful what part of town you wear that shirt in, brother."

Then again, he'd probably be safe if someone tried shanking him... he's got his chainmail to protect him.

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I am confuse here, Chase.

I mean if you drive Ferrari's or Porche's, wouldn't women want to put you in a provider role? or rather it's a house and bank account you mean that don't show it or at least provide too much value. Yea i know the cars exude cools and stuff.

Maybe a $2000 shirt will be fine, but don't show her everything like houses and bank account?

Zac

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Zac-

ZacAdam said:
I am confuse here, Chase.

I mean if you drive Ferrari's or Porche's, wouldn't women want to put you in a provider role? or rather it's a house and bank account you mean that don't show it or at least provide too much value. Yea i know the cars exude cools and stuff.

Maybe a $2000 shirt will be fine, but don't show her everything like houses and bank account?

Zac

I think what's happening here is that women are differentiating between guys with money who look like good providers, and guys with money whom it's clear are NOT going to be providers.

e.g., a guy roles up in a Bentley... yes, potential provider! Along these lines, when I owned a Mercedes, I used to never let women see this until after we'd been sleeping together a while too.

However, a guy roles up in a super flashy car (e.g., a Ferrari)... he doesn't exactly seem like provider potential. Ferraris and Lamborghinis have "I just want to sleep with you" writ on them in big, bold letters. Porsche's I wouldn't put quite in the same category... they're more a middle-aged man's car when he's going through his midlife crisis than they are a man who's conspicuously consuming and going big's car.

The same can be true about other flashy things, like bottle service in clubs, expensive jewelry, etc. A man who's a good provider doesn't buy these things. He saves his money to invest in his woman and his children. I've had friends whose entire approach to seduction was going out to nightclubs, buying bottles of champagne, getting extra glasses, filling them up, hanging at the bar in a choice location, and offering drinks to women who happened to walk by (and I can attest to the method's effectiveness... I've done it with them and pulled, although it's a little too rich for my blood to be something I'd do on my own - and of course, you still need to be charming and be able to talk to women well, providing them with alcohol is only a boost, not the whole process).

A nice residence is usually going to reduce your ability to take girls to bed, UNLESS you take yourself out of boyfriend territory before they see it. Once you've accomplished that though, a nice residence actually enhances your odds of taking girls to bed. I've found that having a great-looking place (even if it's a small studio, you can get one that's beautiful and modern and attractive and warm-feeling) and combining that with being decidedly out of boyfriend territory makes for a very solid combination for getting very quickly to intimacy.

Chase

Knight

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase,
this 'provider by products owned' is a new concept for me but I understand it clearly. My personal taste is always to go for quality over quantity, and lately I have been getting heavily invested in learning about proper fits and different materials in clothing. I'm moving a lot more towards well made and quality materials to wear rather than big branded clothing as others do in my age group. Is this going to be something I have to 'hide' in the future as I grow up more and develop better in my skills?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Knight-

Knight said:
I'm moving a lot more towards well made and quality materials to wear rather than big branded clothing as others do in my age group. Is this going to be something I have to 'hide' in the future as I grow up more and develop better in my skills?

Not necessarily. It's pretty rare to have a girl probe into where your clothes come from. And just because you tell her you get your clothes made at a tailor doesn't mean they're super expensive. Many of my nicest clothes I've had made at great tailors for prices more economical than what you could get them for in a clothes shop, and they look better and fit better, too.

The only thing you'd need to abandon as you develop your skills is anything overly ostentatious. The smoother you get, the more ostentatious displays begin to look out of place, unless you're a really wild / nutty / crazy guy (think: Flava Flav).

Chase

>