hater58's Journal

hater58

Space Monkey
space monkey
With bars opening up again tomorrow I figured I would post a couple more of my notable approaches pre-quarantine before I get rolling again.

Walked into a nightclub alone and having drank 2 shots of vodka in my apartment 10 minutes before. Go to the bar to get a drink, no one really around me. Make eye contact with cute blonde girl who leaves her friends and comes over and stands close to but not right next to me. Spent maybe 20 seconds trying to decide if I should try to talk to her. Eventually I approach her and ask her what her name is. She tells me her name and flicks her hair, but I have no follow up. Eventually she leaves and goes back to her friends.

Realistically I believe I messed that one up. She was interested in retrospect but still expected me to carry the conversation at first and I dropped the ball.

Different night, walk into nightclub alone and start conversation with a group of girls standing next to me in line. They seem cool and one is pretty touch but mentions her boyfriend but says her friend is single. Talk with them for maybe 10 min before going in. Once we get in they scatter and it is clear they do not want to talk to me anymore, which stings a bit but I try to regather myself.

Eventually I try to approach this blonde woman I am interested in. She was definitely checking me out as I was getting in line (before I started talking to the first group). When I am in the club I look at her 5 times, and 3 times she immediately looks away, when I was standing in different locations in the club each time. I decide I want to approach her but am not sure how to do it. Eventually she is at the bar with one of her friends. I thought her friend was one of the girls I had talked to earlier, so I figured that would be a good in, since I had at least talked to her friend. I approach the friend at maybe a 45 degree angle and tap her on the shoulder and say "hey". She turns around and says "do I know you" after which I kind of froze. I tapped the one I was trying to approach on the shoulder twice but she did not react to me so I had to turn around and walk away. At that point I was having no fun. I tried to approach 3 others girls who were getting drinks and ask them how their night was going, but I was ignored.

At that point I was done, left and went on a long walk to do some soul searching. I ended up throwing my phone in the snow and the screen cracked off and broke, so I had to get a new phone. Definitely a childish response, in retrospect.

Maybe I read too much into the eye contact with the blonde woman, but overall it was a horrible night.

Any thoughts?

>