Advanced Technique  Handling Girls Pressure to make you buy things for your Friends

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hi Guys,

Sometimes you would end up with a girl friend, whom you never expect to go walking around town mainly because you had to wait for a shop queue, or preparation of cake, or the next class is going to be in 3 hours time.

Some girls will ask you to buy things for their girlfriends. Not her girlfriend, but a girl friend which is your friend as well.

IT's important to know that the conversation she initiates to get you to buy things is innocent or i would say, normal. But it is highly important to know what is the occasion that you buying for.

Are you buying her girl friend, which is your friend as well because of?

Birthday?
Party exchange gifts?
Buying her a shoe, or clothes so as to give back what she offered a long time ago?

If she, your girl friend, ask you to buy things for her girl friend (which is your friend as well), It's better to decline if there's no absolute reason. Here's a convo example.
Emmerline: Do you always go shopping with girls?
Zac: I used to it. ( p,s I am not a shopping guy. :) )

We continue talks about shoe, clothes, fashion since i am the kind of guy who likes to know things, even women fashion as well.

Emmerline: This shoe is nice. We should get this for Gen.
Zac: *quiet, non chalant, looking at the range of shoes*
Emmerline: There's a lot range of shoe here.
Zac: *quiet, non chalant, looking at the range of shoes*
Emmerline: We should get a shoe for Gen.
Zac: Nah... I think we should not get a shoe for Gen.
Emmerline: Do you think we should give Gen a call and ask her what sizes she wear?

From here, she sounds abit nervous, while certainly looking for some sort of approval from me.

Zac: There's a lot of shoes here. I think we should not get shoes for Gen. She might not like it (although she did gave her a call. *facepalm*). We also need to check her shoe size, and whether she's comfortable with the shoes. Shoes are all made differently, there's also different country sizes and it might not fit. I think it's better that if we bring her here and ask her to try the shoes.

Emmerline: Oh... Do you think we should bring her here to try the shoes?
Zac: I think it's better if we bring her here. There's also many other fashion shoes as well.
Emmerline: I think we should buy... (persistence i see here)
Zac: Nah... I think it's better if we bring her here. Come let's go.
Emmerline: *happily follows*

It's important to note that i am not assertive or be so firm to her, because we are friends for quite two years. It's our few times going out shopping when we are free. I think it's better to not kick her ass or a friend's ass for that matter.

z@c+

>