Had A Solid First Date, Struggling To Set Up #2

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
We went out for happy hour and got food and drinks on our first date. She's an extrovert, very talkative (which I like), great energy the whole time. Kissed out front at the end of the date for a minute or so. We texted back and forth over the next few days and I invited her to get together the following weekend. She only had Saturday off work that weekend and already had made plans for that day. I let things sit for a few days and texted her on Sunday about getting together again and asked her to let me know when she was free. Haven't heard back from her and it's been about five days. I guess my next move is to call her or message her about inviting her to do something I'm planning to do anyway. If she doesn't answer I'm left guessing when she's free/not working though. I don't want this to turn into endless invites when she's not free. Any ideas as to what my next move could be?

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
- You waited too long to reply
- You replied trying a straight hard close, which is a nono

Now you couldn't meet her on Saturday, but you should have kept the conversation (and energy) going on Saturday, Sunday and so on until you two could find a new date.

Also, when trying to set up day 02s, it's better to clean up your schedule.
Make having sex with her your focus for a while.

Usually it's better to set up day 02s the very next day, or at least in the next couple of days, so the vibe is still strong.
Put her as your number one priority until you've fucked her at least twice.
Then you can resume your normal schedule, and accommodate her inside a better time structure.

Makes sense?

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think so. You think it’s game over?

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think you make great points, and I agree with you. My hangup is that it feels try-hard on my end to immediately ask again the next day on a Friday. Sounds like you would advocate that I just ask her the next day when she's available.

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I read your response a few more times, there's a lot packed in there. I get it better now. Not sure I can do any damage control with this one but will handle things better moving forward.

POB

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
I think you make great points, and I agree with you. My hangup is that it feels try-hard on my end to immediately ask again the next day on a Friday.
It depends on how you present yourself.
If you sound pushy or needy, then you gonna screw up.
But if you sound relaxed and in control, it doesn't matter if you ask to meet the next day

Sounds like you would advocate that I just ask her the next day when she's available.
No, always ask her out if you are available.
As always: ping > banther > soft close > hard close

Last edited:
>