Girls Eating And Wearing Headphones (And Maybe Reading A Book)

funkyjam

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Any suggestions for how to approach a girl who is alone but eating and doing all the things that make an approach more challenging? Seems more intrusive to me to do an approach when she's eating.

Gladiator

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Like any other approach but saying "caught you at the wrong time" (with a smile) if she's eating, shows social intelligence.

Most girls stop eating for a couple of mins.. after she has hooked, saying "it's ok, you can continue" (authoritative tone helps) again shows social intelligence and reduces social pressure, awkwardness and builds comfort. I read somewhere that people bond faster over food; I think it's evolutionary

If she's wearing headphones and walking, I rarely approach but if she's stationary, I'd say "you must like that song very much" (actually this doesn't matter cos she wouldn't have heard what you said) but after she removes her headphones and asks what?
You can repeat the same and when she asks why? You can either tease or compliment, depending on your style/personality

Same goes with anything, just use the opportunity to open and use social intelligence and build on top of that opportunity to hook her.

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
read somewhere that people bond faster over food; I think it's evolutionary

Now that's interesting. May be worth field testing!
If she's wearing headphones and walking, I rarely approach but if she's stationary, I'd say "you must like that song very much" (actually this doesn't matter cos she wouldn't have heard what you said) but after she removes her headphones and asks what?

nice idea

DarkKnight

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Walk over in front of her. Smile a bit. Wave for her to put her headphones off.

We had this question multiple times at the board now although I get why this can feel hard.

>