girl worker cries when she is caught in a mistake

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I have a particular employee,who whenver she makes a mistake and i point it out,she just shuts down.
i dont yell or insult her,i try to point out the mistake ,get an aplogy and a promise to not do it again,but man she just shuts down,looks at the c\ground cradles to the ground and starts crying,and I dont know if any thing i say can even be heard let alone heeded.
i wonder how i should go about this.
a good example,is I usually stock the office pantry with food,one time i saw her take a whole box of biscuits to her office,
i went and told her,that thats wrong.
at first she got defensive,and said she had only taken ir but she was going to put it back,
I explained to her other workers would not be able to acess the biscuits if the whole box was in her room,I pointed out that if someone else took the whole box of biscuits and she couldnt find them she would also not like that.
as i was explaining this,she had already curled into a ball,she then became a matyr.
"Ill never take anything again"
I told her,she is elecome to take biscuits anytime,just not the whole box.
she repeated that she will never take anything again(like a kid throwing a tantrum,poor me,the world is so unfair).
anyway,she started crying and i couldnt get an apaology or a promise not to repeat the same mistake.
i left her crying and came here to ask the wise men

ulrich

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I thought we were discussing a complete different thing after reading the title, LOL.

@Ree, what is your feeling here, man?

Is she doing this because she is super sensitive and she genuinely feels terrible?
Or is this some kind of manipulation tactic?

Ree

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I thought we were discussing a complete different thing after reading the title, LOL.

@Ree, what is your feeling here, man?

Is she doing this because she is super sensitive and she genuinely feels terrible?
Or is this some kind of manipulation tactic?
honestly baffled ,i really wonder

Tim Iron

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You would spend too much mental energy trying to avoid that reaction from her. It's better to simply act professionally in a diplomatic manner and record (audio) your interactions with her. In the future, you don't know if she could accuse you of something that you didn't do

Dash of Englishness

Space Monkey
space monkey
That's interesting! Has there been anything more like this in the last month? I think it's a question of "does she behave like this towards others too?". One can't behave like a child one moment, and then expect to be treated like an adult the next. If she acts in a mature manner most other times then I'd suspect it's manipulation. Funny, because the boss is the last person you'd want to piss off.

I'd think of that time with the biscuits as her using the "snuck premise". The snuck premise (as you might have heard) is where someone quickly sneaks a point of view passed you and acts as if you agree with it, as they then go on to make another point... thus confusing you. So the 'premise' that she's sneaking passed you is that you over-reacted... like the way someone might act when being robbed so that they won't get hurt... "you can take all my money it's upstairs, just don't hurt me". What you could have said would be "interesting you don't even apologise" and then she might have either felt forced to apologise, or else have said why she shouldn't have to apologise. What's the age difference between you two? And is she worth the hassle over all?

I got caught by the snuck premise last week. My sister called over and I gave her some dinner seeing as she was there. She said "I wouldn't take a bullet for this dinner". I told it was a bit rude considering she was getting it for free and didn't have to eat it. Not being able to shut up, she said "oh I know but it could do with a bit more blah blah...". I was kind of confused for a second and just didn't say anything. The snuck premise there was that she was acting as if I thought that the dinner was fantastic, which I didn't! I was busy and just needed to eat something in a hurry!

>