FR 
First Grocery Store Number

TheEcho

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hey all! Despite focusing on day game, never really cracked grocery stores. Finally broke that wall! The girl is a short Latina and we were walking towards each other on opposite sides of a short food display. She was looking at her phone, so I noticed her first and tried to place myself such that she would see me "first". There's a lot of displays in this area and we ended up doing a serpentine pattern between them. She had left her cart to get something so I came over by her cart and kept going my way (opposite hers, until she comes back), then she went over to my initial side, then we had some side eye contact going. She came back over to my side and slooooowed down. Show time!

Me: Hey, you look cute!
Her: Thank you!
Me: What's your ethnicity?
Her: Mexican
Me: Ahh cool (bit of scrounging for the next topic) *notices her dog paw necklace* ah, are you a dog mom?
Her: I was! He passed away a couple years ago, but I'm planning to get a new one soon
Me: Ahh the dog I grew up with passed away...1.5 years ago as well. Are you going to get the same type again?
Her: Yes! A Rottweiler :)
Me: Cool, same look or different? Trying to not replace your other one?
Her: Same type, a nice big dog! My family wants me to use the same name, but I don't want to, I want to name them (forgot)
Me: Oh, so is this your dog or your families?
Her: Both! It's mine, but they come over a lot.
Me: Ahh yeah, Latin family things, I had dated a Mexican girl and the same thing happened for her.... What's your name?
Her: ___!
Me: ___ *handclasp*

I was starting to feel the eye contact, pretty sure she was too.

Me: So what do you do around here? Working, student,...?
Her: Both! (something something)
Interjected Me: Wonder what other questions I could ask you where the answer is both *looks off inquisitively*
Her: *Laughs* Yeah, so I go to school and work.
Me: What are you studying?
Her: Business!
Me: Ahh, that's what I wanted to study, but my school didn't have it
Her: ???
Me: They have an MBA program, a business minor, international business major, no business major... so I did real estate
Her: That's so weird! I was thinking of doing real estate too! (really? Or are you just really into me now ;) )
Me: Oh yeah? .... How old are you?
Her: 20!
Me: Ah so you've had a few years of classes
Her: Yeah, 2 and a half.
Me: So do you know if you like people or numbers more?
Her: I like people more. I'm actually a certified nurse, I did the classes in high school
Me: Wow! That's impressive. Why get another degree?
Her: I just realized nursing isn't really what I want to do.

Me: ahh, makes sense (looks at my cart). Hey, I need to get going...
Her: Okay! (thinking about it, I think she was just in full compliance mode lol)
Me: How would you like to grab coffee sometime?
Her: Sure! (rapidly hunts for her phone in her purse)
Me: Haha you are really trying to find it *hand her mine*
Her: *number entering* Here ya go
Me: Your nails look really nice
Her: thank you! I broke the one on my pinky finger...
Me: Ah I probably wouldn't have... actually probably would have eventually noticed haha, that's what the real estate path is, focusing on all the little details as an analyst (not exactly the smoothest comment ever)... *get my phone back* And it was ___ right? *typing* spelled the normal way? *show her*
Her: Yeah *sees it* Yeah! I know, I have some friends with different spellings, like 3 friends named ___ all spelled differently...
Me: Ahh I know how that goes, my name is easy... ____ there's only 1 spelling, but my last name is.... (paused) Sure I'll tell you, ____ and it's spelled 50 different ways, so everyone starts with (first letter), then I have to spell the rest.

I actually don't remember the goodbyes :X3: nothing too crazy

I saw her a couple mores times while I was talking to a worker I know and I think she was keeping tabs (the worker is a girl). Today was much better than the past, my effort to project my sexuality and steadiness are starting to show. Talked with 4 girls today and I was on it for all of them (2 at the gym, Indian that may come out and the Muslim girl, then this girl, then the worker). I was much more intentional about eye contact, as I'm rather bouncy and look off a lot when talking (I do it while thinking), then slower in my talk and with a warmer tone, as well as pushing teasing and touch when I available (hand on the Indian's shoulder a couple times, softly poked Muslim's midriff, handclasp with this girl).

I texted this girl ~40 minutes later:
Me: Hey ___, it's ___. Nice meeting you :)
*Nearly instantly*
Her: hey ___, it was very nice meeting you too !

She had read receipts on and her picture/full name got shared right away lol, seems she's newer to this.

I'm always tempted to just go straight for the ask and I'm now more confused than ever about how to setup dates over text, as this is where things tend to die. Any getting-her-out tips when a girl seems really into things in 2024?

Also open to any other pointers!

Thanks all

Last edited:

gameboy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Well since she seems quite compliant and isn't making you wait for her replies, I wouldn't make her wait either and ask when she is free to grab a coffee. You wouldn't want the escalation window to close!

>