Feeling like a man, doing manly stuff, How to?

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello,

One of the things I'd like to address is, how can we do more manly stuff in our everyday lives?

And by manly I mean stuff that get our blood pumping, providing a winner effect etc. etc.

studying in Uni right now, engineering, which has a heavy workload, and not a lot of women or social interaction.

I feel like what I am doing in my everyday life has nothing manly to it. No competition, no chase, no winning, no girls...no nothing. No adventure. Not even competition on an academical level (whos the best student etc.). Just studying lots, like a child or a girl.

I am doing boxing, but still, I'll be honest its not that much of a thrill to me...half of the class is women or men who dont want to fight and are just there for the training part, and we cant even box properly when we split into pairs. That's sadly the only gym I am able to attend logistically (all others are far away and over my budget)

Sometimes I feel this might not be the track for me, its just that I am really good at what I study with relatively little effort that keeps me going...

Thoughts...ideas?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
It is tough when you have a dorm or city apartment to get in touch with your manly side. I'd recommend outdoor exercise to start. Get up before the sunrise and watch the sun come up from the highest point in your town. Snowshoe in the park, sign up for weekend outings with the outdoor program. These activities are experiences you can relate to people when they ask about what you did (or do for fun). Make time for focused recreation now so it becomes an ingrained habit when you get into the workforce. I grew up in a family business that did not do vacations. Family time was working together....Not recommended.

Find the closest car campground and car camp for a weekend. Split wood , build fires, cook on a grill.

Good Reading on 100 Manly skills to have

Parkour

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fuck This said:
It is tough when you have a dorm or city apartment to get in touch with your manly side. I'd recommend outdoor exercise to start. Get up before the sunrise and watch the sun come up from the highest point in your town. Snowshoe in the park, sign up for weekend outings with the outdoor program. These activities are experiences you can relate to people when they ask about what you did (or do for fun). Make time for focused recreation now so it becomes an ingrained habit when you get into the workforce. I grew up in a family business that did not do vacations. Family time was working together....Not recommended.

Find the closest car campground and car camp for a weekend. Split wood , build fires, cook on a grill.

Good Reading on 100 Manly skills to have

This is spot on. Being Manly is a layered concept though.

There can be something extremely manly about engineering (that focus...) but you gotta get yourself in the drivers seat (lead your projects, study groups).
Sometimes I get a different kind of manly itch to get into something where I end up grimy. Working on cars, anything outdoors that is more adventure oriented, anything where you might have blood, sweat and dirt mixed together.
Anything that would toughen you up works well too.
You can be the spark of manliness in your reality by initiating manly activities. You’ll attract other aspriring manly guys to your cause.
Changing your reality though will require breaking down your current one into the dozen or so routines monopolizing your time and questioning which ones can be changed, replaced, upgraded, discarded... then getting out of your normal comfort zone start building new ones that represent the new you.

>