A four-month daygame experience / sticking points

Celestial_Spirit

Rookie
Rookie
Hello, everybody. After the reading few posts on this forum, I've decided to share my experience with the daygame as well some points that I'm struggling with. Maybe some of you have gone through the same thing and have decent advice for me.

To start with, I'm a 28-year-old Eastern European living in Western Europe. I'm a normal-looking, 6-feet-tall guy working in software development. Most of my colleagues are men, so I rarely get a chance to meet girls at work. Even in the few rare cases when a girl at work is not in a relationship, it seems that you have to compete with a few other guys for her attention. I've also tried online dating, but it doesn't seem to work. I get too few likes, and even the girls who do like me seem to not be interested.

I'm currently giving daygame a shot. A friend recommended the London daygame model to me and shared some of their video materials, also suggesting YouTube channels like James Tusk or Todd Valentine. I have started to study this material and made my first approaches last year. The approach anxiety was a big deal for me, but I convinced myself that it was worth it and with time it would be better. So I started speaking with vendors as well as asking girls for direction or making comments during events. After that, I tried direct approaches like complimenting girls and I liked. At the begining of 2024, I decided to start doing daygame systematically, going out at least 6–7 times a month and doing 5–7 sets a day.

Since January, I have gone out nearly 25 times, doing around 120–150 sets. From these sets, I got only nearly 10 numbers/insta, but only one date that led to nothing. 50% of numbers didn't respond; 40% went back and forth, but at some point, girls didn't answer back.

My typical approach is to start with a polite greeting like: "Hi, it's a little bit random, but I have seen you, and I wanted to come over and meet you, because you look really nice." If a girl reacts positively to the compliment, I try to guess what she does for a living or what she is doing right now. For example, if I approach girls in a trading center or on a shopping street, I might say something like, " I guess you've decided to do some shopping after the hard-working day." Or "you look very stylish, I assume you either work in the fashion sector or try to follow recent fashion trends." From there, I try to lead the conversation spontaneously, maintaining focus on her and eventually sharing some relevant stories.

From this strategy, I get around 20% of hard blowouts - girls don't respond at all. About 30% of girls instantly mention they have a boyfriend or need to go. Another 20–30% are staying for a minute or two in conversation and, after that, find a reason to leave, while the remaining 20–30% stay longer. After a few minutes of conversation, I attempt to close these girls, but only 30–50% are willing to give their number. So I typically get 1 number in 2-3 daygame sessions.

In my opinion, I have 4 main sticking points:

1. Managing my bad mood: Being generally prone to depression, very often I find myself not feeling like talking to girls. Even when I can logically convince myself, that doing daygame will provide some amazing experiences with girls, being on the street sometimes feels like just grinding set after set. It feels like this is not what I want to do right now.

2. Being outcome dependent: While receiving a decent reaction makes me feel like the king of the street, getting series of bad rejections makes me doubt whether I'm really a cool guy or if what I'm doing makes any sense at all. Sometimes having really bad session, I am trying to push a few more sets to get at least some good reactions to convince myself to continue, which makes me even more outcome-dependent and sometimes leads to burnout.

3. Opening weak. Despite my attempts to focus on such things as maintaining strong eye contact and body language, speaking slowly and projecting my voice, I still struggle with sub-communication, sometimes coming off as needy or nervous. I just lack a strong conviction that I'm bringing a lot of value to the conversation and that rejections aren't a big deal.

4. Not being able to build attraction: Even though one-third of the girls are staying in conversation, it usually remains rather platonic When I try to flirt, the girls either don't get it or misunderstand. I usually try to close the girls but get a frequent response, that the girl is not feeling like it or doesn't need something like this right now. This is perhaps the most fundamental problem, as I tend to take everything very seriously and struggle with being lighthearted and humorous.

For the next few months, I will focus on addressing my sticking points and consider taking the following steps for each of them:

1. Try to cut sources of bad dopamine like coffee, sugar, junk food, and excessive social media use while maintaining a healthy diet and ensuring I get enough sleep. I'll also make an effort to go outside and engage in activities that make me feel better.

2. This point is hard, but I'll work on shifting my focus to my inner value. I understand that as long as I continue to go out, work on my self-development, and just becomming a better person, I'm on the right way. And I am sure, at the right time, success will come, and I will become less outcome-dependent.

3. Most of the time, I was trying to be spontaneous with the set, so I was not sure if my approach would be decent. For the next sessions, I will try to create some structure, using canned material, so that in case I don't know what to say, I have at least something prepared for different situations. But I guess, in the long term, the only way to deal with this problem is to get a lot of positive reference experience.

4. I guess the reason for not being able to build attraction is the way I perceive the world. Throughout my life, I was the guy who had a problem with building relationships or even perceived the world as a hostile environment. I am still carrying this baggage through my sets, but recently I have been trying to take everything less seriously and see beautiful and funny things around me. On a practical point, I am reading humorous books and watching stand-up comedy, as well as leading a diary about my life from a funny perspective. Also, after each daygame session, I try to analyze my sets and come up with a good way to tease a particular girl in that situation.

I know my results may seem modest compared to those of other guys posting here, but I understand that each of us comes from a different situation, and our paths can vary in length. What's most important to me is that I've enjoyed doing daygame—it's not just about picking up girls, but also about personal growth. I maintain a positive attitude, and I believe that success will eventually come.

Freakester

Space Monkey
space monkey
Can you describe your average interactions after you open?
I don't care much about openers. But just drop the sorrys and it is a little random.

What are you doing?
1. Are you touching them?
2. Are you asking her to qualify.
3. Are you getting close to her? How far are you standing after they hook?
4. Are you teasing her?

It seems like you are playing it too safe and not generating much attraction. Your conversations are more polite and friendly than romantic or sexy.

I could be totally wrong to have assumed this, so please correct me if I am wrong okay.

What's the vibe? Is it fun and flirtatious? Or is it just a boring street stop interview?

And try meditation. It helps a lot.

You made some progress and got over your anxiety. For that I congratulate you. Most men cant even open a random girl.

Bill

Space Monkey
space monkey
- have a program or structure and practice the steps one by one, Chase’s book “how to make girls chase” or hectors program “meet girls everywhere” for example, but there are many others. 1

- find infield and start watching it on repeat and comparing what you do to what they do. Most of the free infield was removed from the internet, but honest Signalz still has some on youtube and there are old Paul Janka and Todd V clips on YouTube uploaded to other channels. The Chinese streaming site bilibili has some. 1 2 3 4

- see if you can record your interactions, at least just the audio, and get feedback from someone with more experience

- have a pre-approach routine to try and get yourself into a better headspace, such as building social momentum beforehand or self amusing your first few approaches. Girlschase has articles on warming up.

Last edited:

HumanWhoLearns

Space Monkey
space monkey
I can kind of relate to your situation. Personally, I think you're treating pickup as too much of a job; it doesn't sound like you're having fun out there. In your shoes, I'd dial back on the pickup and start improving other areas of your life like social life, other hobbies, and mental health (developing a healthy mindset and self-esteem). Now you're not needing a girl's approval when you're going out and you can have a little more fun.

Being more systematic in your approach and writing field reports would be really helpful. I would read articles on this site about: what kind of guys girls are attracted, neediness, and better approaches. Then when you go out, focus on changing 1 or 2 things and see if your results improve over a meaningful sample. Once that is second nature, focus on another sticking point. Most importantly, improve that mindset and have fun out there. If you're not enjoying yourself, they're not going to enjoy interacting with you because emotions are contagious.

HumanWhoLearns

Space Monkey
space monkey
Can you describe your average interactions after you open?
I don't care much about openers. But just drop the sorrys and it is a little random.

What are you doing?
4. Are you teasing her?

It seems like you are playing it too safe and not generating much attraction. Your conversations are more polite and friendly than romantic or sexy.

I could be totally wrong to have assumed this, so please correct me if I am wrong okay.

What's the vibe? Is it fun and flirtatious? Or is it just a boring street stop interview?

And try meditation. It helps a lot.

You made some progress and got over your anxiety. For that I congratulate you. Most men cant even open a random girl.

He definitely needs to take more risks. I know from personal experience. 😄

Celestial_Spirit

Rookie
Rookie
First of all, thank you for all the advice given.
- have a program or structure and practice the steps one by one, Chase’s book “how to make girls chase” or hectors program “meet girls everywhere” for example, but there are many others. 1
Right now my main programs are Daygame Blueprint and Todd Valentine System, but I will take a look at bool “how to make girls chase

- find infield and start watching it on repeat and comparing what you do to what they do. Most of the free infield was removed from the internet, but honest Signalz still has some on youtube and there are old Paul Janka and Todd V clips on YouTube uploaded to other channels. The Chinese streaming site bilibili has some. 1 2 3 4
Mainly,I used infields to motivate myself or to see how theoretical stuff is applied in practise. But comparing my recorded sets with infields is really great idea.
- have a pre-approach routine to try and get yourself into a better headspace, such as building social momentum beforehand or self amusing your first few approaches. Girlschase has articles on warming up.
I have a sort of pre-routine, like recording videos on my phone in public spaces, asking vendors silly questions, or doing first approaches in a TikTok Zizourx style like: "Where you get that? That beautiful beauty of yours."

can kind of relate to your situation. Personally, I think you're treating pickup as too much of a job; it doesn't sound like you're having fun out there.
I'd say it depends. Some days, I feel really into it; even if I don't achieve the desired results, I still get positive reactions and notice that my interactions are improving. But when I try to be systematic, I go out even on the days when I'm not feeling it. On those days, I treat it more like a job.
I'd dial back on the pickup and start improving other areas of your life like social life, other hobbies, and mental health (developing a healthy mindset and self-esteem). Now you're not needing a girl's approval when you're going out and you can have a little more fun.
Maybe it's matter of my priorities, but I feel that pick up is an area where I definitely need to make some changes. As long as it is not fixed all my thoughts are about game. However, from time to time, I try to distract myself by reading a book or engaging in some other activity.Can you describe your average interactions after you open?

What are you doing?
4. Are you teasing her?
I can give you an example of one of my recent interractions:
Me: Hi, sorry, I was just walking by and have seen you, and wanted to say you look really pretty.
She: Thank you.
Me: Before you go..I assume you are in the middle of some interesting study.
She: No, I'm fully at work.
Me: What do you do?
She: Clerk in assembly production
Me: Hm..sounds interesting
She: Thank you, but right now I have to go. I have a target and it's waiting for me.
Me: This will not take a long. I don't know you yet, but I think you have really good personality, and I wanted to find more about you. Let us exchange contacts.
She: Sorry, but I'm not interested.
Me: Why?
She: I don't know...Right now I'm not up to get to know someone.
Me: It doesn't work this way..at some random point you just meet the right person.
She: Yeah, but right now I'm just not ready...Anyway it was very sweet of you, but I have to go.
Me: Ok, have a nice day
She: Thank you, you too, bye.

Regarding the questions:
  1. I usually shake hands when introducing myself. Or after a good interaction, I may hug her.
  2. When I understand the concept of qualification properly, I ask a girl if she has any interesting hobbies, if she reads books, or something similar.
  3. I've never really thought about it, but I would say a normal speaking distance.
  4. I struggle with this point, so I rarely tease girls.
It feels more like a boring interview.

Freakester

Space Monkey
space monkey
Me: Hi, sorry, I was just walking by and have seen you, and wanted to say you look really pretty.
Drop this.
Hi (wait for a second), I saw you walking by, and I just had to come and tell you (wait), [insert genuine compliment].
This is field tested by a lot of guys.

Let me tell you a secret. I have been called handsome since I was a teen (I personally don't think so). If a girl says I'm handsome or hot, it doesn't affect me much at all. I'm just like thanks with a smile. Girls have approached me (very few, and often not what I'm looking for as far as looks are concerned) and said the same shit you are saying to girls.

It doesn't work. Why? Because it's not genuine. I can tell. Sure you like my looks, but so what? She knows she is pretty.
Instead you want to compliment on her which you actually like about her. Maybe her fashion sense, maybe her tan which complements her eyes, or even go bold if you have the balls and social calibration required, "I just like the way you move. It kinda turned me on"

She: Clerk in assembly production
Me: Hm..sounds interesting

You just basically dissed her. In her mind she is like fuck you, you jerk.
The way to respond to that is, "That's unique. I have never heard about this before. Do you like it?" (I honestly don't know what it's about).
Then you get her to talk about it. Easy.

She: Sorry, but I'm not interested.
Me: Why?
She: I don't know...Right now I'm not up to get to know someone.

I don't know the tone/her body language while she said it. She might actually be rejecting you or this is a test.
If it is you don't wanna say WHY. You wanna say, "Playing hard to get. I like it." (Bad boy response)
Or "haha, not yet maybe." (cool guy response) and then change the subject (ask her something). Use social pressure to keep the conversation going. She can't just walk away when you ask her a question.

1. I usually shake hands when introducing myself. Or after a good interaction, I may hug her.

She is not your buddy. You don't shake her hand. Don't hug her (unless you do it romantically, i.e. hold it for a few seconds longer and slightly tighter than what you would do with a friend).
Hold her hand like a gentleman. Let her hand rest on your palm and don't squeeze it. Let it stay there.
When leaving do a hand clasp, or anything physical, which maybe romantic or sexy. (I can't think of examples. Search girlschase articles, there is one on this out there)

1. I've never really thought about it, but I would say a normal speaking distance.

Normal as in, like you are a stranger or her friend? You don't want to be in her face, but definitely not like you are a stranger either.

I struggle with this point, so I rarely tease girls.

Why not? They like it.
Don't say she's a bitch. But it can be something she can't take offense about.
"You know I can tell. You are not as innocent as you look :)"
"It's not that cold to be wearing such a lovely sweater. You just wanted some amazing man to come and say hi to you yeah?"
Top of my head examples, but your non verbals must be on point.

You want to quickly transition from being just a dude saying hi to her and flirting with her.
You are not flirting with her one bit. "You are pretty" is not flirting, it's a compliment.

If you know how to run indirect game you can flirt with her under the radar too. It's like James Bond stuff. Ordinary conversation but with subtle sexual undertones.

I'd suggest completely focusing on your flirting skills first. Flirt with hired guns (waitresses, clerks, receptionists, air hostesses), who are paid to be nice to you. Flirt with every girl you see. Old, young, no matter. Flirt because it's fun.

Don't worry about picking them up for now.
It's funny because I guarantee you, once you start flirting with chicks just for fun, you'd be suprised how many times girls will actually like you and want to do stuff with you.

>