Location Dilemma

Monsieur PUSSYMAGNET

Space Monkey
space monkey
My fellow seducers,

I'm moving to Russia in a few months with the main aim of developing my social/seduction skills. However I'm not sure whether to move to St. Petersburg or Moscow. Does anyone have experience doing pick-up in Russia? I heard that St. Petersburg is cheaper and has a bit of Western European culture infused into it compared to Moscow. This would help in terms of getting used to Russian culture, while not suffering form a great deal of culture shock by having some familiarity around me. I also heard that it's cheaper in terms of cost of living. Moscow on the other hand seems to have a greater volume of people and surprisingly better whether too. Apparently it rains all year round in St. Petersburg?

Anybody with some experience to share and insider info would be greatly appreciated.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
That's good for you, Pussymagnet! Sorry if I can only provide you with some obvious answers, but sometimes the missing obvious is what's helpful. So why not just spend a few days or weeks in both places as a tourist to have a feel for them? You can make a more informed decision then. This is what I'd do. Living costs may be 20% higher in Moscow according to online information. Remembering my geography classes, St. Petersburg should have the more moderate weather as it lies next to the sea, while Moscow is situated deeper into the Eurasian landmass, meaning colder winters. If I were you, I wouldn't rule out a third city either. But it's just me, I feel adventurous. It would be definitely more exotic to you, and in return, you would be more exotic to the locals. A third city of choice could be Yekaterinburg. Either way, enjoy your time and report back to us!

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Monsieur-

Peter Fontes visited St. Petersburg some years back and had good things to say about it plus a few lays. He liked it. There's also a good thread about St. Petersburg on the RooshV Forum, which generally has better girl-specific city info than any other forum out there.

What I hear in general is Moscow is overall better for meeting women than St. Petersburg is. The women are more attractive, easier to meet, day game is better, nightlife is much better. You're also looking at more than double the population (11.5M in Moscow vs. 5.3M in St. Petersburg) and with a higher population density (11.8K per square mile Moscow vs. 9.6K per square mile St. Petersburg). And typically the more cosmopolitan the city, the more top shelf women it attracts. All that said, St. Petersburg is not a small city at 5.3M residents. Moscow's just bigger.

Not having visited Russia yet (it's on my list, but I'm a lot busier these days and jetting about less than I used to), I'd personally do at least a few weeks in each city before settling on one. Or perhaps do a year in one and then a year in another.

One other tip is if it's a tossup, go with whichever one excites you more first. Gut's often right about these sorts of things.

Chase

pandoriks333

Space Monkey
space monkey
I used to live in Russia, so try Moscow, it has everything you want and even more, but visit also Peterburg. It's a really unique city. St. Petersburg weather sucks though.... So...... Moscow for living!

Monsieur PUSSYMAGNET

Space Monkey
space monkey
Space said:
That's good for you, Pussymagnet! Sorry if I can only provide you with some obvious answers, but sometimes the missing obvious is what's helpful. So why not just spend a few days or weeks in both places as a tourist to have a feel for them? You can make a more informed decision then. This is what I'd do. Living costs may be 20% higher in Moscow according to online information. Remembering my geography classes, St. Petersburg should have the more moderate weather as it lies next to the sea, while Moscow is situated deeper into the Eurasian landmass, meaning colder winters. If I were you, I wouldn't rule out a third city either. But it's just me, I feel adventurous. It would be definitely more exotic to you, and in return, you would be more exotic to the locals. A third city of choice could be Yekaterinburg. Either way, enjoy your time and report back to us!

Space,

Thanks man. I've decided that I'll stay in both cities throughout my time there.

Monsieur PUSSYMAGNET

Space Monkey
space monkey
Chase said:
Monsieur-

Peter Fontes visited St. Petersburg some years back and had good things to say about it plus a few lays. He liked it. There's also a good thread about St. Petersburg on the RooshV Forum, which generally has better girl-specific city info than any other forum out there.

What I hear in general is Moscow is overall better for meeting women than St. Petersburg is. The women are more attractive, easier to meet, day game is better, nightlife is much better. You're also looking at more than double the population (11.5M in Moscow vs. 5.3M in St. Petersburg) and with a higher population density (11.8K per square mile Moscow vs. 9.6K per square mile St. Petersburg). And typically the more cosmopolitan the city, the more top shelf women it attracts. All that said, St. Petersburg is not a small city at 5.3M residents. Moscow's just bigger.

Not having visited Russia yet (it's on my list, but I'm a lot busier these days and jetting about less than I used to), I'd personally do at least a few weeks in each city before settling on one. Or perhaps do a year in one and then a year in another.

One other tip is if it's a tossup, go with whichever one excites you more first. Gut's often right about these sorts of things.

Chase

Chase,

Thanks for the link to forum. It had a ton of info, differing views and opinions and so it was exactly what I needed, seduction wise.

Just a quick question for you. I'm leaving to a foreign country on my own, without being much of a seasoned traveler and with the language being a barrier to easily adapting to the culture(not for seduction as I read that it could be an advantage). I'm going to have a very steep climb if I want to get results. I don't know anybody there and I think it'll take quite long to find a mentor/model(like a wingman) who can help me take my game to the next level. From a mindset perspective, what sort of thoughts should I have daily as to make sure that I take action no matter how incremental in order to affect change and start seeing improvement in my seduction process.

I'm still a beginner and I'll face a lot of information overload, frustration in dealing with unstructured and untested knowledge as well as dealing with my old habits and negative mindsets. What, FUNDAMENTAL MINDSET can I acquire that'll help me overcome my mammoth task of developing my fundamentals and game to at least an intermediate level in this new and foreign land?

Monsieur PUSSYMAGNET

Space Monkey
space monkey
pandoriks333 said:
I used to live in Russia, so try Moscow, it has everything you want and even more, but visit also Peterburg. It's a really unique city. St. Petersburg weather sucks though.... So...... Moscow for living!

pandoriks333,

Thanks for the reply mate. Like I told Space above, I'll be sure to stay in both big cities and even explore other smaller cities, to get the full Russia experience and to reel in the fish in all the other ponds.

>