Journal

Journal

Postby bobbyb112 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:04 pm

This happened on a long weekend. On the first night we went to a nightclub. There were some girls sitting at a couch with a bowl of ice and drinks they had bought. One of the girls was sort of dancing in front of it and I introduced myself and they offered a drink and to sit down. I sat down and drank some. They had accents, and found out they were from California and Thailand. We talked and drank more. I escalated by getting closer and getting more incidental contact with the one who was right next to me.

She was also the most attractive one, but I didn’t give only her attention right away. We talked and got closer. At one point she asked how old I was and I said something outrageous like 70, and she asked again. I said 25 and she said “no really.” We went back and forth like this for a little bit. She was asking how old I was and me saying 25, then teasing like “no, how old do you think I am?” and being close and having her guess.

This was fine at first, but we kind of got stuck on it. I don’t know why she wouldn’t believe that that was my age, and it got kind of annoying to keep answering it. We were close and touching and teasing. She tried to get me to take more sips of the drink, probably because they paid for it so you might as well drink it. But also maybe because they want to get me drunk? Or maybe it’s just a social “hey, drink and be merry.”

Anyway, at one point she got up to dance in front of the table and took my hand to go. She danced in front of me and had the other girl go behind me. The third girl was taking a video or picture on her phone. They also took pictures before this, when sitting on the couch.

Earlier I found out they owned a consignment shop of some sort. Maybe getting products from Asia and selling them here. Anyway, the most attractive one who I sat next too was who I vibed with. One dressed sort of like an Asian tomboy, and she liked hugged the second and said like “she’s my boyfriend.” It was very playful, and they had Asian accents, so it was hard to understand what they were saying besides the loud and noise.

Anyway, when we got up to “dance,” I decided it was time to try to pull or move on. I had also found out they were in NY for a week or weekend or so, and I told them I was too. I said “there’s this sweet wall hanging in the place I’m staying of Egyptian hieroglyphics, want to see it?” She slowly pointed to the couch and said “that’s my coat.”

I grabbed we coat and was started walking towards the elevator, down to the entrance to the street. Right after I asked, I tried to pull up lyft to get a ride, but I was not prepared and it took a while to figure it out. When we got down to the street level and opened the door but the lyft wasn’t there so we stepped back in.
I said something like “yeah the wall hanging thing is wild, it’s like hieroglyphics. You’d have to be an Egyptologist to read it. She said something like “you’re too much.”

She said she had to go to the bathroom, so we went back up the elevator to the club. She went in the bathroom and I waited outside. A minute later I saw her friend go to the bathroom, then the third. I realized I botched this so considered starting to talk to people again. I turned to a girl in a red coat of some sort with blond hair and said “hey, I don’t think we’ve me. I’m bobbyb.” “I’m (name – don’t remember).” She had and accent and found out she was Polish.

I then sort of ended the conversation matter of factly saying something like “oh. Cool. Well, I’m going to circulate around some more, see you in a bit.” I wanted to see through the girl in the bathroom, just to see what would happen. One of her friends came out and I said playfully something like “where’s you friend.” She said “we’re leaving,” not angrily or anything but smiling. I started to walk away, and saw her other friend scurry with her towards the door. Too bad they had to leave, that club was fun, and if not sleep with me I’m sure they could’ve found someone else to find good company with. Anyway, I started walking around some more.
bobbyb112

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Re: Journal

Postby bobbyb112 » Sat May 18, 2019 4:31 am

I've approached a handful of girls on the street lately. I've had a few that walk by or almost by, and then stop to talk. But this feels weird, because then you are turned, and she is stopped turning back at you.

One solution might be to get right in front of her. What I'm wondering is when a girl is walking towards you, how far away do you start talking? Is there a good way to "pre-open" her when she is walking towards you?

I find that when she is walking towards you, you want to look to see if she is attractive. Then she sees you looking, so you lose a little swag factor. One solution is to focus more on looking up and ahead, and using your peripheral vision. I am working on doing this, using the peripheral vision. But, do you then not see if she's attractive before approaching?

How far away or close do you need to be for her to have time to stop? Is it just when you get close enough so you can talk (i.e. don't overthink it)?
bobbyb112

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby bobbyb112 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:44 pm

I've been approaching girls a few a day, like 2 or 3 a few times a week for the last few months or so.
There was one girl where I walked down into the subway. I went to the far end of the platform and she was sitting on one side of a bench. I said down next to her. I took out my phone and started playing with for a little, looking and reading.
After a minute or so, I turned her way and said "going anywhere exciting?" "Just home. You?" We talked for a bit. She re-engaged the conversation a few times. I used what I call my "mysterious" voice. She seemed to like this/my vibe/me, and she kept the conversation going a few times. When the train came, we were talking.
When we got on, I motioned for her to sit next to me (luckily the seat was open). We talked some more. She showed me a ring she had that looked like a hand. I patted her leg a few times to punctuate a point (sounds weird saying it like that, but I'm just saying that I got some touch going, in addition to the ring thing).
When it got close to her stop, she told me. I said okay. She got off.
What worked here? I think the voice tone. It seemed to work. What I really want to work on, though, is the transition between opener and hook point. For example, in this one she hooked pretty soon. But you can't rely on that. She also engaged a few times, to what can I attribute that? Not sure. What was good was being chill. Sometimes the best advice is to be chill. Laid back. Let her invest.
There was another one where I went into the subway, similarly sat on the other side of a bench to a girl, and talked with her a while. Found out some about her. These seated conversations seem to be a bit easier, because you don't have to be loud, and if the subway is coming, then she has some time to kill. In this one, I asked "going anywhere exciting?" "Home. You?" Is this a hook? We kept talking for a bit.
On street stops, a typical one goes like "hey, real quick. I saw you walking there and I thought you looked cute and wanted to say hi. I'm BobbyB" "Oh, thank you" Now what? The answer is probably tease her, or make observations. I've seen other places that you don't want to ask too many questions until she hooks, because then it seems like you are too interested, or like an interrogation somehow. They say to "observation stack" until she contributes to a conversation, or hooks, by asking a question.
So that is what I want to work on right now. Stacking the observations after the open until she hooks. Along with the first 10 seconds or so, there is also pre-opening, which I would love to do on a street approach if possible, but I've seen elsewhere to not even worry about it if you don't have a whole bunch of approaches yet. Still something to keep in mind.
For the "approaches" in the subway, part of what is good is she sees you sit down in her periphery, so that is like your pre-open. It also follows Chase's article on approaching girls sitting down, where you go and sit down, then chill out for a second and maybe play with your phone, then open her. Plus if you have to go into the subway anyway, then it's easy and convenient.
Another approach on the street was interesting. I stopped her walking towards me on a narrower street. I delivered the opener and then held her hand. She was eastern European or Russian, and I remember Chase saying it is more common over there to do the hand clasp, or keep holding your hand, in his article on the hand clasp.
I also get some "I'm going to something" on the approach sometimes. This is just a symptom of not having the right vibe and commanding attention. I.e. everyone is going somewhere, you just have to command more of that attention, or captivate on the approach to get her to stop a second.
How do you do this? Eye contact is another thing I want to use more consciously. I find that when I'm just walking around, I tend to look around more. But when I have to approach girls, I tend to look straight ahead so I can see if they are cute in my periphery. Is there a best way to do this? Eye contact is one I think can use some work.
Also smiling more. Or making eye contact, and smiling at the same time. I've done some approaches where you get the "what are you doing look". Sometimes they've warmed up and smiled when I smile. Other times I've been smiling, not a big goofy smile but a smaller one, and they've smiled on the approach too. So this is something to do more consciously.
From a learning skill perspective, I remembered something that I have used in other areas. That is to try to get 1 perfect rep. For example, one perfect approach, or one perfect seduction. You only need to get one. The thing is, when you start to go for this, even if you get one, you see how you could have done it better. In the quest for that perfect one rep, you realize that it is pretty much impossible to have an absolutely perfect rep. But, the pursuit of it is the noble quest, and hopefully you get farther along along the way.
It's like a baseball pitcher making the perfect pitch. Will he ever get the single most perfect pitch? No, because there's not such thing. But you can get closer and closer, and maybe even innovate to bring the real of human knowledge and experience closer to that perfection.
For practical purposes, it is motivating for me to go out thinking "I only need one", that can be, girl to go home with you. And in the process, you may even get more. I don't think it is physically possible for you to be in two girls at once, so you really one need one. At a time. Anyway, you see the point.
Voice tone is one that I want to get down well, and make sure is good. At work today, I was using my good voice tone, and a girl started fixing her hair a lot. Not sure if this correlates, but it might. Worth testing more.
Also is thinking of things to say. I tend to want to make jokes, to think of jokes. Not bad, but you don't want to be the entertainer. You want to be the seductive guy. I've tried to make jokes, or think of jokes based on what girls have said. This is often my go-to. Instead, you want to be perhaps mysterious or seductive.
Having less of a filter can be good. How can I be more one with the seduction? That is the question.
bobbyb112

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby bobbyb112 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 pm

I approached one girl today. She was walking on the sidewalk, with her head down and looking at a phone. I walked beside her and stood a little more than an arm's length away, and said "hey, real quick". She looked up and was startled. "Whoa, you startled me." "Are you single?" "No" "Oh. I see." She kept walking a second. "I thought you looked cute and wanted to say hi" "oh, thanks" She was going one way at an intersection and I was going another. "I'm going this way, have a good night." "Thanks".
I wonder how to approach a girl who is walking ahead of you. Can you tap her on the elbow and get her attention that way? I want something not too obvious. For this one, the phone was another thing that made it more startling, but ideally you could walk up next to her, she sees you in her peripheral vision, and then you say hi. Not sure how to do this the right way.
You probably also want to avoid girls who's faces are stuck to their phone. Whatever they are doing, they are engrossed in it, so it is hard to compete with that for attention. Look for girls who's attention is available, in particular. This can mean looking around. I feel like I'm parroting advice, but it makes sense and it feels right, and you see it when you are walking around. Experience trumps all.
I also want to try crinkling my nose, which Chase has said many times in different places. Another guy who seems like he does it is Tom Torero, on his youtube channel. That is, he looks like he scrunches up his nose and face sort of, and it gets a decent reaction. This seems to have a more playful, and cute feel, which you want as the lover.
Another to try is voice tone. Chase demonstrates an opener with a lot of voice tone in a podcast I listened to. This cadence and voice tone is engaging, and is one to try. Facial expressions and voice tones are some of the most important things for communication, so I want to try these.
The facial expression in particular also gives off a playful vibe, which I like. Why do I like playful? Because serious is no fun! Playful is fun. And girls are cute and silly. And fun if more fun than serious.
bobbyb112

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby bobbyb112 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:01 pm

I approached one girl earlier today. What I was working on was having good posture, so that it is calm and relaxed, and allows my stomach to breath. This is one I’ve used before, and it is just relaxed, lower key, and you can still breath, which is important. This is especially important to make sure is good after sitting all day at work.
I was also thinking about using the “what I noticed about you was…” and then “when I think of (blank) it makes me think of (blank)”.
She was walking in the opposite direction towards me on the sidewalk going towards back bay station. When she was maybe 10-20 feet away, I got in her way, smiled, and said “hey, real quick” She stopped and took out her headphones. “I saw you walking there and I thought you looked cute, I’m Cali.” “I’m Suzy. Wait, what did you say your name was?” “Cali. What was yours?” “Suzy” “Oh, nice. What I noticed about you was you were listening to your headphones, I thought you might be listening to a movie. Forget the movie theatre, you can just listen to it in your headphones.” “Haha, yeah, a music video.” “You were listening to a music video?” “Yeah” “Some Katy Perry?” “Haha yeah, just get lost in your music video” “Haha yeah. What you doing now?” “Just walking around” “No shopping?” “Haha, went by (shopping street name) earlier, going home now” “Ha, nice. Well, have a nice day”.
What worked was the second line, “what I noticed about you was…” because it gives you something to say next. She sort of hooked, maybe, asking me what my name was. But I figured I’d go with it, and sort of wanted to test it out. It seemed to work to continue the conversation in a light way. I sort of riffed off of her answer, but you can also do the “when I hear x it makes me think of y” to continue, until she hooks. This will be useful for other times.
The body language also seemed to help. I wasn’t very nervous, although still didn’t quite know what to say near the end. I didn’t feel that nervous. Just talking to someone, striking up a conversation.
Towards the end, I definitely ejected sooner than I could have. I could have asked to see her bracelet, or else she liked doing on her weekend, or maybe what she did. Just a bit of investment and compliance. She also said she was just walking around, and was going home then, she probably would have been open to an instant date of some sort. Grab coffee. Logistically, would it have been better to do it nearby, try to go near her place, or somehow go near mine (my place was a solid 20 minutes away)? For learning’s sake any, such as nearby, would be good. Maybe if you frame it right you can see if she wants to go to a place near wherever she lives since it is easier for her (I’m assuming she lived close by).
Smiling on the opener also seemed to help. Just to let her know you’re friendly.
For example, at some time today a guy with a girl stopped me to ask where the bus station was. When he approached, he didn’t really smile, and so I stopped farther away from him than if I was just talking to him. Whereas if he had smiled, I probably would have let me momentum carry myself closer to him. It’s the exact same for girls, where they want to make sure you’re normal and friendly. Same with anyone.
You can also use voice tone to engage and get attention. “Excuse me” can be said with voice tone to engage her more, as Chase demonstrates in the podcast interview. Use all your tools; smiling (how much is too much? Is it just a sexy smile?), voice tone, eye contact, etc.
Eye contact is another one I wanted to work on. Meeting her eyes as soon as possible and making it strong to make her feel my presence. That is the goal. For this approach, I think it was fine, although will pay more attention to it later.
The goal with the body posture is really to make it as natural as possible, so that I can just act without having to think about all this “game” stuff. That is, zero resistance seducing (someone needs to use that for the name of a seduction product…), where the goal is really not to think, and not be too gamey. That is what you are trying to release, going from beginner to intermediate, and then intermediate to advanced. Not over-gaming, but rather trying not to think about gaming. I think having the right relaxed and strong body posture can go a long way towards that. Breathing well.
Another thing is clothes/style. It’s summer and really hot out, so I’ve been wearing khaki shorts and a t-shirt for the day time. Is this good enough for a hot, sunny day, or would it be better to wear a stylish button down? Food for thought.
Another is hair. All I’ve done is have it medium length, and then push it up and to the side naturally. Ideally I’d get a “sexy” haircut from someone who knows how… how do you find a hair cutter like that? Definitely can help though.
Another might be a necklace of some kind. It seems like you can wear that during the day it is helpful. Maybe a bracelet as well, just to give more of a look.
Another is talking to more girls, particularly when there are people around. If find that I like talking to them when there are not many people around, but when there are, I have more trepidation. The thing to realize here is nobody else cares, most can’t hear whatever you guys are talking about, and most don’t want to hear anyway. Approach anyway.
More to work on is the nose crinkle as Chase says in his article. I have used that before, and seems like it can help well.
bobbyb112

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Return to Journals

AVAILABLE PROGRAMS

girls chase programs eBook Video Mastery Package Phone Coaching w/ Cody Lyans Email Coaching w/ Cody Lyans