Straza's Journal

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
What's good guys...! I'm Straza.
I'm a 19 year old college student from California.

A bit about myself. I didn't start reading pickup until I was about 16. I was originally a lot more red pill and associated with sites like Heartiste, R.O.K, and Roosh exclusively. Their content had a satisfying contrast to the feminist undertones that I grew up in and purged me of any nice guy attitudes I had at the time. This went on for a while until I found girlschase in late 2015.

Girlschase had a genuine approach to pickup that I hadn't seen before. Not to mention the quality was through the roof. And so I began to gradually spend more time on this site until it became my exclusive. Working on my fundamentals has gotten me a lot more attention from chicks, but I have yet to take much action. In my defense, my household was pretty strict so going out to cold approach was tough. But after procrastinating this last quarter it's time to get to work.

I might do a few days from the newbie assignment to get my footing, but I honestly just feel like plunging into interactions with girls and taking them as far as I can make them and then targeting areas that I'm lacking in. What do you guys think? I plan to start this weekend.

So yeah, without further ado...
I'll see you guys on the boards.

Straza

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Newbie assignment Day 4

My schooling affairs are finally back in order and I can focus on approaching again.

After fighting tooth and nail with approach anxiety for like a week straight, I’ve decided to start the newbie assignment after all. Since I’m already familiar with the fundamentals, I’m starting with day 4.

Day 4: Hi
It was already nightfall when I went out so I made my way over to some supermarkets.

Girl #1: This girl was tall and decently attractive and had blondish brown hair. As I was walking down her aisle, I opened:
Me: Hi, do you have the time by any chance.
Her: The time? Sure, it is..8:56.
Me: Ok thanks.

This girl had a bit of trouble hearing me. I have to practice raising my voice in convo.

Girl #2: This girl looked mixed Asian and something else. She had a clubbing outfit on but she was just shopping in the cereal aisle. I opened:

Me: Hey, do you have the time by any chance.
Her: What’s that? Oh the time? Yeah, it’s 9.
Me: Alright, thanks.

This girl had trouble hearing me as well. I really need to work on projecting and articulating. She seemed a bit put off that I’d spoken to her.

Girl #3: After that girl, I left the store and headed to target. There were some hot chicks standing outside of it. They looked kind of promiscuous. I walked past them at first then walked back and asked for the time.

Me: Hey, do you guys have the time?
Her: Oh yeah, it is..9:04.
Me: Alright thanks.

This one was better. I spoke pretty clearly. After they told me the time, they looked at me like they were expecting me to try and chat them up. I’ll go for it next time.

Girl #4: I was walking through target and this Asian woman was in the dog toy section. I walked by and opened:

Me: Hi, do you have the time by any chance?
Her: Huh? Oh yeah it’s..9:20.
Me: Thanks.

It seemed like this woman's mind was occupied. After looking at her phone to look at the time, she didn’t even look back at me but just kept shopping.

Now I enjoyed these next two. These girls gave me approach signals which is always nice.

Girl #5: I was making my last round through target before leaving when I saw this chick in the makeup aisle. I walked through the aisle and she made eye contact with me and held it. I opened:

Me: Hey, do you have the time by any chance?
Her: Yup! It’s 9:31.
Me: Thanks.

She had to dig through her phone to give me the time so she was investing already, which is good I imagine. She gave me a warm smile after and seemed like she would’ve been receptive to continuing the convo.

Girl #6: I made my way back to my dorming hall and as I was walking in, this cute Indian girl held the door for me. She gave me some good eye contact, so I asked her for the time.

Me: Hey, do you know the time?
Her: Yeah, it is 9:52.
Me: Ok, thanks.

Once again this girl looked like she was wanted to continue the convo. Looked a bit disappointed when I ended it.

I felt a bit anxious starting this but it wasn’t too bad. Looking back, I feel like I should’ve have said hi and then waited for them to respond before asking for the time.

Tune in next time for day 5, Straza’s journal.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days goal: Approach 3 girls indirect

Today was an interesting day. It's the first day I've taken action in a while and it's got me a little excited. Right now I'm only holding myself accountable to making the approach. After this, I'll hold myself accountable to opening indirectly and staying in convo.

Didn't go to class today so I went over to my local grocery store to do some approaches. After chickening out a few times, I approached this Asian girl shopping beside me.

Her: *Picks up packet of rice*
Me: Those are really good.
Her: *Gives me an expressionless stare*
Her: *Awkward moment of silence*
Her *walks away*

To be fair, I didn't really articulate what I said so I assume she didn't completely understand. This happens to be my worst reaction so far off of cold approach, but to my surprise it didn't feel as bad as I thought it would. It was sort of humorous to me and I kind of thought of her as uncalibrated for reacting like that to a stranger making small talk.

My next approach was this middle aged woman who I think gave me an approach invitation. She was shopping in my aisle and then came to look at something right next to me. I was looking at sweets so I said:

Me: I can't decide on which one to get.(Leaning a little towards her but looking at sweets)
Her: Which ones are you stuck on?
Me: Between oreo's and choclate chip.
Her: Oooh, that's a tough one.
Me: Right? It's for my roommate.
Her: Is he sick?
Me: I owe him one.
Her: Ohh, okay.
Her: Yea, you should get one of those.
Me: Yeah.
Her: *Walking away but facing me* It shouldn't be much of a problem, they're free so..

Not sure what she was talking about here.

Me: oh yeah.
Her: *accidentally walks into someone, then walks away*

This is the longest convo I've had via cold approach. Felt pretty good after this one, it was a rush. I wonder if mentioning my roommate made her think I was too young.

I had been in the store for quite while by this point so I decided to finish my last approach with a standard question.

Me: Um hey, where'd you get that sauce there?
Her: Oh, I found them in this next aisle here.
Me: Ah thanks

That was it for my store approaches. I felt a lot less nervous about approaching after I left the store. Figured it was due to the social momentum I'd just built up. But maybe not..

Hours later, I was at a dining hall with my friends. I was serving myself fruit while this girl did the same beside me. I felt a tinge of excitement at the thought of opening her. Then, I surprised myself by actually opening her.

Me: Since when do they serve strawberries here?
Her: I don't know, but these watermelons are terrible!
Me: Haha, yeah I never get those.
Me : *walk away*

Should've continued this. But more importantly, my reservations on approaching feel so much lighter. I wasn't expecting this. Going to day game tomorrow so we'll see how things go, but as of now I'm actually kind of looking forward to it.

I need to work on not hesitating on the opener. Windows of opportunity can be ruthlessly brief sometimes.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days Goals: Approach 4 girls indirect

Only ended up approaching one girl today. By the time I went out to approach it was already getting pretty late. When I got to my local ralphs the place was pretty empty. Still tried to scavenge but in situations like this it's hard to approach on the few opportunities you get. Too much pressure.

Decided to try my luck at traders joes and to my surprise it was packed. I'm not too crazy about approaching in crowded stores since people can overhear your approaches. I guess that's something you work on just like approaching.

Was shopping for chips, acting casual when this young white girl walks into my aisle, stands right next to me, and copies my body language to the T. An obvious invitation so I go:

Me: I can't choose which one to get. What's your favorite?
Her: Oh I really like the..*starts mumbling and slowly walks away*

Pretty sure my voice is what killed this one. I hadn't spoken since I'd left the house and my tonality was weak. Then again, I think your first few approaches are thought
of as warm ups so you can build momentum. If I don't approach more girls, I'm missing out on my best interactions.

After this, I spotted some peers from high school who I didn't want to talk to, so I called it a day.

Lessons:Do more approaches in outings. Work on voice.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
I’ve only had false starts since starting this journal 10 months ago, but I feel more mentally prepared this time. Deciding to do an approach feels a bit less jarring than it used to.

Just read Chase’s article on grocery store game.

Right now, all of my game takes place in malls, grocery stores, and clothing stores. The article recommends going indirect direct in most of these venues to match the energy level, so I’ll be focusing on Indirect direct and situationally relevant openers for now. In the next few days, I’ll only hold myself accountable for saying an indirect statement of some sort. Then..I’ll start using Indirect direct.

I thought Indirect direct was having normal convo with romantic undertones, but it’s opening with an indirect statement, then dropping a direct statement right after. I like that.

Days goal: Talk to 3 girls

I went over to the target near my school at sundown. It was busy. The spirit of thanksgiving was still in the air. I’m in the coffee aisle looking around when a blonde girl comes by and starts looking around. When she finally decides to leave the aisle, I push myself to make an opener. It goes like this:

Me: Excuse me
Her: Mhmm?
Me: Do you drink coffee?
Her: Um, Yes.
Me: Which one would you recommend to me here?
Her: Oh, uhm…
Me: I’m getting it for my roommate
Her: um..Pete’s is really good. I think so(pointing and walking backwards)
Me: Thanks

Then she quickly walked off. This girl was a bit of a hot girl so I can understand her being impatient with such an underwhelming opener. I’m growing tired of indirect. I need start showing my intent.

I decided to keep approaching at the Ralphs nearby. After roaming through a few aisles, I took place in this sort of desert making aisle where a cute girl and her not so cute friend were shopping for ingredients. I wanted to ask them what they were making but the cute girl kept leaving and coming back with more stuff, and I didn’t want to open her friend. Then another woman comes by with lots of spices in her arm, like she’s making a dish of some sort.

Her: Excuse me(reaching for marshmallows next to me)
Me: (moving slightly)
Me: ….
Me: Are you making something?
Her: Yes(grinning)
Me: What are you making?
Her: I’m making this dish that serves marshmallows on top of sweet potatoes.
Me: That sounds amazing..
Her: Yeah its really good
Her: Are you making something with those..?
Me: Oh no, my roommate and I just like eating these raw sometimes.
Her: Haha oh okay, well enjoy your marshamellows
Me: Thanks aha

Not sure why I keep bringing my roommate into things. This girl seemed pretty into the convo. Come to think of it, it could have been an invitation when she first spoke to me which would explain why she received me so warmly.

Alright. All that’s left to do now is stay consistent. My biggest problem. We’ll see.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fundamentals were the first thing I worked on when I found this site.

It was so cool.

I felt like I'd obtained powers that no one else knew about(which I had). I got to enjoy a higher and more comfortable social status in my last few years of high school. But I only hit hard for those first few months. Since then my fundamentals have stayed constant, increasing slightly over time. Still okay. But they should have been better by now. I'm going back to the basics.

Body: Back straight and tall, head held high, chin down, wide stance and slower movements. I need to get these on a subconscious level.

Hair: Just recently found a way of styling my hair in a much sexier way. Still perfecting it. I cut my own hair so this was a learning curve. Deliberately making my hairstyle symmetrical with my head shape is what brought everything together. Going to try to grow a chin strap beard in the next few months as well.

Skin: Recently started using toner and exfoliating my skin. Along with eating more fruits and vegetables. I'll check my progress in a month.

Days Goals: Approach 3 girls indirect

Walked over to Kohl's near my parents house around 4pm. Not too many people in the store. After shopping through the men's section for a bit, I see a milf pass by to my right and walk after her. I had two shirts in my hand ready.

Me: Excuse me
Her: Yes?
Me:Which one of these do you prefer? I'm doing-
Her: Wait, wait, wha?wha?wha?what did you say?
Me: Which one of these shirts do you like better?
Her: Oh um..for you?
Me: No not for me. Um. For my brother.
Her: Okay um..
Her:...
Her: I will have to choose this one
Me: Yeah, the design..
Her: Yeah, just my preference

Alright I'm done with pure Indirect openers. Gonna tell a girl she's cute tomorrow. I have a paper due too but I refuse to take any more days off on this. Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays are mandatory approach days, even if I don't stay out too long.

Tomorrows goal will likely be::Approach one girl with: *Indirect opener*...."I thought you were cute and wanted to come say hey"

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days Goal:: Approach one girl with: *Indirect opener*...."I thought you were cute and wanted to come say hey"

Went out earlier to a clothing store near my house. I'd never been on the upper floor of this store and was taken by surprise when I checked it out. It had sections on furniture, kitchenware, ornaments, and was full of women. Another venue to slip into rotation..

I was able to approach two girls with the indirect opener, but I just couldn’t get the second phrase out. With the first girl, I approached her asking which of the two ornaments I had she thought was cuter. She paused for a while, which was the perfect time to say, “Im kidding, I just thought you were cute and wanted to come talk to you”, but I waited too long and she gave me her answer. I could have still said it here too, but I let her walk away.

With the second woman, I asked the same question and she paused even longer than the first girl. My brain got really scared for second when it realized I was actually about say it, but I didn’t. I had been in the store for a bit over an hour at this point so I went to few stores nearby to keep trying but didn’t approach any more girls.

I was really close to saying it today. I didn't feel much anxiety until the moment I was about to call the girl cute. That's some progress. Trying again tomorrow.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days Goal:: Approach one girl with: *Indirect opener*...."I thought you were cute and wanted to come say hey"

Did it.!!

Alright so I was heading to my parents house after class and decided to do my approaches at the shopping center nearby. I stepped into a clothing store but didn't find any approachable girls there. Went into another clothing store and spent about twenty minutes building up the nerve to approach.

A lot of this was because I couldn't think of an opener I was comfortable using. Finally fell back on asking for a girls opinion on something.

I walked towards the shoe section and recognized a woman who'd been in the store I was in earlier. She seemed approachable now so I walked up and asked her which of the two shirts I had did she prefer. She wasn't as cute as I'd initially thought. She smiled very warmly but didn't say anything. She studied both shirts and then silently pointed at one.

I asked her why she'd picked the shirt and that I preferred the other. She thought for a moment, then said that the color seemed to go well on me. Up to this point I had been hesitating to call her cute, but ended up marking her as a warm up and not doing it. As I tried to leave the interaction, she kind of re engaged me saying the shirt was nice and stuff and wishing me happy holidays.

I approached this second lady immediately after the other interaction, because of the momentum. She was looking through shirts and I couldn't see her face fully.

Me: Excuse me..Which one of these shirts would you prefer if you had to choose?

Her: Oh mhmm let's see, this one has really good color, but this one is good too..

Me: Yeah they're nice shirts

Her: I will have to go with the green one, since you already have blue shirt(I was wearing a blue shirt)

Her: It has nice design..

Me: (sexy smile)Yeah, I just thought you were cute and wanted to come talk to you.

Her: (smiling) Oh thank you, yeah you should take this shirt

Me: I'd rather take you

Me: Take you out of here

Her: (smiling)Haha oh noo..

Me: What are you are shopping for?

Her: Mhm?

Me: What are you shopping for here?

Her: Oh I'm getting something for my cousin, maybe you can help me out

Her: I'm thinking of getting this shirt for my cousin, she is same age as me.

Her: and then there's the male one I'm still looking for

Me: "the male one" haha

Me: and how old are you?

Her: (grinning)much much older than you

Me: Are you sure about that?

Her: How old are you?

Me: ha take a guess

Her: mhmmm.......I say 25

Me: close, 24(I'm 19)

Me: what about you?

Her: You guess too

Me: I would say..28

Her: (Extends her hand out to shake my hand) I thank you

Her: I am 36

Her: Turkish

Me: Wow

Me: Well hey I'll let you shop, but we should hang out sometime

Her: You want to hang? I work at the university over here called ***, you should visit sometime

Her:(Extends hand to shake mine) I work in the Hilton building

Me: ha yeah I'll stop by sometime.

Her: (2 sec after walking away) take the green one !

So I think the main reason I was able to do it this time was because she seemed pretty engaged at the start. She was reaching out and touching the shirts and stuff like that. Once I was in the interaction, I didn't find it too hard to try and move things forward. It was like your already here, might as well go for gold. My game was pretty crude though. The way she responded to hanging out was interesting. Didn't know how to deal at the time and bowed out.

But man this was awesome, broke this barrier. Lets see how hard it is to call a girl cute tomorrow.

Unrelated Note:
It has come to my awareness that I haven't been performing too well in some of my classes and its gotten me a bit depressed. My Father says he's going to be much more of a pain in my ass next semester concerning school work, which I mean, that's fair. I only care about seduction right now to be honest.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
My approach anxiety is decreasing with every sesh. And man, taking action is therapeutic for me right now. Was feeling low earlier today, but going out to approach elevated my mood. From now on whenever I feel gloomy, try to make an approach as soon as possible.

Days Goal :: Approach 2 girls with: *Indirect opener*...."I thought you were cute and wanted to come say hey"

Uber'd over to a mall not too far from my house. A lot of people shopping and a lot of families. Apparently there's a way to check the busiest times for places on google. Been meaning to do that for a while now to make my outings more efficient.

Only ended up approaching one girl, early on. I was looking through the clothing level for an approachable girl and saw her, a brunette, looking at a top in the mirror. I built up my nerve for a few minutes, then approached her, defaulting to my opinion opener.

Me: Excuse me, which of these hats would you take if you had to choose..?

Her: mhmm. that one.

Me: This one ?

Her: Yeah, I like the design

Me: Yeah I just thought you were cute and wanted to come talk to you

Her: ohh hahahaha

Me: haha was that random

Her: haha yeah, I have a boyfriend though

Me: Oh really, is it serious

Her: Yeah it is aha

Me: Well I just had to come over

Her: No, yeah that was good

Me: well see you later

Her: Happy Holidays

Meant to use Franco's "so you're NOT married" line here lol.

Yeah this was a standard L. Will need many more of these to improve.

The main reason I didn't approach any more girls was because I couldn't think of an opener I was comfortable with. Need to start getting familiar with openers that are universally convenient to use.

Alright so making an approach with romantic intent is within my reality now. It's time to really hit the streets and stamp out my approach anxiety for good. Then I'll work on developing approach addiction. In my mind, there are three things I need to focus on right now.

1. Increasing the quantity of women that I approach.

2. Increasing the duration of my interactions.

3. Diversifying my openers.

Going to have specific goals aimed at these three categories in weeks to come. My semester ends in four days, going out everyday during break.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Made an approach in my normal routine today, felt cool. It goes bad though, with the lady just turning away to look at something after I call her cute. Ok.

I’ve been reading the last section of Chase’s, “A young man’s progression through the game” article before going out and it really puts things into perspective for me. Just picturing myself as that old man. Laying in that hospital bed. Thinking back to all the girls in my classes and in my routine that I’m just passing by day after day after day after day thinking there’s always tomorrow or the next day to do something.

That pain is worse than approach anxiety.
So far I’ve done this, I can approach early on with much less hesitation.

Lessons: Think Bigger thoughts when you have to put in work.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Exams and the holidays really messed up my momentum. I've had a week to myself and I've wasted it away for no good reason. Tomorrow I'm traveling to my home country(though it's foreign to me) and I won't be able to approach until the new year.

It's times like these where I really regret not making as much progress with self improvement. Going to be seeing the rest of my extended family and I'm not who I want to be yet. For my grandparents especially, this could likely be the last time they see me and their last memories would be of me in my imperfect form. That's not cool.

No use whining about it now though. Looking forward to the new year.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Been a while since I've posted.

Around the new year I did some reflecting and concluded that I was spreading my willpower too thin, trying to break into cold approach along with another major project of mine.
I've decided to take a 3 month hiatus on cold approaching in order to clear my plate of other competing pursuits. In the meantime I'm doing another round of fundamentals improvement.

That was decided a month ago. To keep myself accountable, I should have another post here by April 6th.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Alright I'm back

Yeah that hiatus was mostly a waste of time. Mental masturbation. My brains getting really creative at trying to keep me from doing this stuff. I did at least come to realize the importance of having a coordinated, sustainable schedule on all the things I'm trying to do. Workouts, pickup, etc.

This will now be my fourth attempt at trying to break into day game cold approach.

---

Days goals: Approach three girls indirect direct
Opener: Um hey, do you have the time...I just thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you

So today I learned what happens when you go out to approach with poor fundamentals.
I was pretty tired, my eyes were low, and my voice was wasn't coming out clearly, but I'd gotten fed up with myself for missing the last few days and decided to go anyway.

For the first woman, I ask her for the time and she quickly tells me, looking down, and leaves the aisle shortly after. I was going to call her cute but she discouraged me.

For the second woman, I ask her if she has the time and she shakes her head slowly, even though her phone is in her hand! Wasn't expecting that. I say “oh ok” and keep shopping.

For the last woman, I act as if I suddenly notice her and ask if she has the time. She also says no.

After some contemplation, I'm pretty sure I was coming off as a guy with ulterior motives or bad intentions. I was standing around these women for a while before asking them, trying to build up the courage.Also poor eye contact, forced insincere smile, glancing at their phones while asking, etc. Vibe really is important

I may discontinue this “time” opener. It just feels too.. obvious. There were plenty of other variables at play here though so we'll see.

But man it's still trippy to me. One day you step out with good fundamentals and people treat you like a prince. The next day you go around with poor fundamentals and you can barely get any eye contact.

Gonna strive to keep my fundamentals more consistent from day to day.

Back to the trenches tomorrow.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days goal: Call one girl cute

Went out to a college campus near my house today. It was surprisingly empty for a Friday afternoon but I only needed to approach one girl so I wasn't discouraged. I would go on to spend the next four hours promenading the campus and approaching a total of one girl the entire time(and I didn't call her cute).

There's this pivotal moment when your about to approach a girl where your brain suddenly realizes you're actually about to do it and scrambles to give you some anxiety. How many girls did I let pass by where there weren't many people nearby and who i suspected were checking me out. So frustrating!!

As for the girl I approached, the only reason I was able to approach her was because she gave me a solid approach invitation. When I caught her looking at me, she didn't look away. As we passed by each other, i stopped her to ask where a certain building was. After she gave directions, I was going to say that I only stopped her because I thought she was cute but she KEPT INTERRUPTING ME. Literally 3 times in a row. When she'd finish talking, I would pause slightly to deliver the line. She must've thought I was pausing because i was confused about the directions she gave and she'd try and clarify each time. After the fourth time, I lost my courage and just thanked her.

I was completely exhausted after this outing, having walked around campus for so long. I need to adjust the times I go to certain venues. Having enough opportunities to approach is really important. Other than that, I just have to keep trying to override approach anxiety in the moment of things.

Lastly, I've decided to try and find a wingman to go out and progress with. Recently read this article.

https://www.girlschase.com/content/tactics-tuesdays-go-wingman-or-roll-solo

Like Chase says, trying to get into this alone is hard. Positively doable. But hard.

From what I've read, pickup forums are my best bet at finding a wing. In the meantime, I'll continue to go out solo.
Till next time

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days goal: Call one girl cute

I was able to do it this time.

I went over to my local HomeGoods in the late afternoon . For the record, HomeGoods is an exceptional place to meet women. They only sell commodities that women would shop for(furniture, silverware, etc).

I ended up approaching the fourth attempted girl of the day. She was much taller than me too, but I still noticed what looked like an approach invitation and I wanted to get the approach over with.

Her: (noticing me and proceeding to act like she's interested in some of the merchandise beside me)

Me: Hey could I get your opinion on something ?

Her: Yeah, sure!(coming close and looking at stuff I'm looking at)

Me: (pause) I just thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you

Her: (pause) ..oh! thank you

Me: Ha yeah.

Me: So.. what are you shopping for ?

Her: oh just some stuff for my place

Me: oh nice, well good luck with that

Her: thanks

I think I'm doing a good job with pre opening, women often stare at me in ailes. But the way I delivered the opener was a little weak in terms of voice and eye contact. Her reaction was of one where she seemed to be expecting me to be smooth and was slightly disappointed. Ended up ejecting pretty early. I need to start having longer interactions. And more interactions.

Gonna try and go out tomorrow to keep momentum.

Also, scheduled to meet with a wing on Tuesday. He seems like a really chill dude. Really excited but a little nervous. We're set to do street stops at a busy promenade. I've barely gotten past openers in grocery stores so this'll be way out of my comfort zone. Should give me the kick in the ass I've been looking for.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
Days goal: call 2 girls cute

I was only able to call one girl cute. This was partly because I went out to approach pretty late and had trouble finding opportunities after a while. But I still had plenty of invitations and instances that I squandered and could've capitalized on.

Went out to a local store in the evening. After a few failed attempts to approach, I position myself near this average looking girl shopping for kitchenware. I pre open well and when i position myself for her to be in my lane of sight, I open immediately.

Me: Hey could I get your opinion on something?
Her: sure!(comes over to where I'm standing and looks at stuff in front of me)
Me:(pause) I just thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you
Her: Oh!(smiles and nervously interacts with some of the items on the shelf)
Me: (smirking)Was that random?
Her: oh, i was just looking at the bottles here and..
Me: what are you shopping for?
Her: oh just some stuff for my kitchen here and there
Me: Cool. well good luck with that.
Her. Thanks. It was nice meeting you

This girl seemed really caught off guard by my cute line, but I think it's normal for girls to be nervous at first. Things are supposed to naturalize after a minute or two of conversation and I felt this one could've gone quite well. I need to stop ejecting so early and start getting into longer conversations and trying to number close.

On another note. It's crazy to see the concept of attraction having an expiration date play out in the field and how it varies based on how attractive a girl is. There was this one unattractive girl who seemed to give me all the time in the world to make an approach(not sure why she thought I was attainable). Average girls try to shop through the ailes for a bit to give you an opportunity, but will lose faith and bow out after some time. Hot girls will just pass by you for second, giving you no time to build up courage.

This stuff is pretty fun at times. I need to approach more girls and try to close out interactions.

Straza

Space Monkey
space monkey
I think I'm gonna lay off on writing super detailed field reports for now. Going to focus more on getting the numbers in on my approaches. I'll still be writing and analyzing for the most part though, especially on notable sets.

April 22nd
Goals: call two girls cute

Went over to my local HomeGoods venue again. Managed to do one approach towards the end of the outing. I forced myself because I wanted some momentum going into the rest of the week. It was bad.

The woman was giving me no signals in the first place and when I opened her asking for her opinion on some of the contraband in the aisle, she didn't even make eye contact with me. Fake Blonde girl, blue eyes, booty shorts.

After telling her I just thought she was cute and wanted to talk to her, she awkwardly said, “oh… Okay.” Immediately after this, she dropped the cap to the coffee pourer I had asked her about and it made a very loud noise. The aisle we were in was in the corner of the store and there was no one nearby to see all that. She apologized, I picked up the cap and bid her adieu.

I think i’m overdoing this store now. The employees were all making eye contact with me and asking if I needed any help. I’ll have to lay off for a while.

Man, was feeling like shit earlier today but just going out to approach really put me back in a future goal oriented mood. Feeling optimistic again.

April 23rd
Goals: Call one girl cute(busy day)

I went to approach at my college today. I try to avoid practicing there, but a few sessions here and there dont hurt. After chilling and displaying my fundamentals in the cereal aisle for a while, this sexy Hispanic girl enters the aisle. Unlike multiple girls before, this girl didn't give me any signals.

I've found that I'm more apprehensive about approaching girls who give me invitations. I know they're into me, so messing up the approach just feels worse in a way. Their disappointment affects me a lot more.

I open by asking if i can get her opinion on something. She says yes and comes closer to look at the cereals I'm looking at, at which point I tell her “I just thought you were cute and wanted to talk to you.”

She laughs and says “oh”. I proceed into a pretty superficial conversation with her about school and stuff. About a minute or two into the convo, the aisle starts getting crowded, and I'm not sure why but I chose this point to ask her if she wants to hang out sometime.

She hesitantly says that she “doesn't have time to hang out right now” to which I smile and say okay. She smiles and says that my opener was good and that I should try it again.

Pretty sure it means that your value is too low when a girl has this “pat you on the shoulder and congratulate you” vibe. Still, we chatted a few seconds more and then parted ways.

May 3rd

I finally ended up meeting up with my wingman from the pickup forum. This guy was cool. Much cooler than I was expecting. He came off as a natural to me.

The promenade we went to wasn't busy at all, to the point where it was hard to find girls to approach. Probably because we chose to go on a weekday evening.

I did 4 street stops! Two of them were with girls sitting down along the walkway. The other two were with girls walking down the the strip. They were all bad.

I've noticed that I start grinning like a maniac whenever I'm in conversation with a girl I've just approached. I know your not supposed to be super serious, but Im pretty sure I release too much tension by doing this. This is one of the things I'm gonna focus on in the coming month.

Additionally, my conversation is TERRIBLE. The approaches I'd done up until this point usually lasted 30-45 seconds at most. Since I had my wing supporting me here from afar, I really tried my hand at building rapport. I mean, I knew my convo wasn't good before, but now I'm really aware of it.

Recently watched Hector's “My secret to improving with girls fast” video.

Brilliant.

Gonna contemplate on the next few areas that I need to focus on.

>