Bad Female/Male ratio

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hello there,

So I am studying Engineering, so you can imagine what kind of dick fest that is.

Very hard to meet girls through the course, and through the campus as well, since we are in a different one, all the STEM courses combined.

I wouldnt really mind that, if I could meet them through other activities.

Thing is, I spend a lot of time for my course (like 9-5 lectures) , so there is a huge chunk of my day not meeting women, and then I have to study a lot as well, in a library
with the same awful ratio...only for the day to come to an end and not really have a chance to meet women.

I am doing alright, and I have seen some progress. I am going to the gym, the ratio there seems pretty bad as well, though it might be the timing, I will experiment a bit more on the hours of the day that I am going

Things are going very well with the girls I am meeting, but I am not meeting enough of them.

I also would like to meet high quality women as well, since I can always go to a club, but noot always meet interesting girls during the day

Ideas? (I wouldnt prefer online dating btw, this is my very very last resort.)

Alchemist

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I feel you bro. I'm studying CS and there's around 15% women in my department. The shittiest part is, the few girls there are in the rest of my school, are absolutely fucking gorgeous (or perhaps that's a brain submerged in testosterone speaking).

I would only recommend Tinder if you're naturally good looking and you have photos shot with a DSLR with someone who knows what they're doing, otherwise, every guy and his brother is on there and all those engineers are throwing a metric shitton of attention and competing with each other. The barrier of entry to Tinder or online dating is incredibly low, so all those guys who'd shit their pants to talk to a random girl can swipe all day.

Since I'm in the same situation, and since I'm often frustrated with the lack of results I'm getting, I don't yet have the answer for you (us).

I think that the best course of action is to do the thing with the highest barrier of entry. Start doing daytime approaches, do it in the campus, in the city center, do library game (there's an article on it in GC). Do 30 min of approaches in your lunch break, or on your way home after classes, or on Saturdays.

Just remember, once you're out of school, you'll be laughing your ass off at guys that are whining because there are too many guys in a club because there are more guys than girls by 5%, or some other entitled bullshit. We're learning to pull the only girl in a party... This will hone your edge more than you can imagine, unless you lose your sanity and burn out, like I almost have.

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Alchemist said:
I feel you bro. I'm studying CS and there's around 15% women in my department. The shittiest part is, the few girls there are in the rest of my school, are absolutely fucking gorgeous (or perhaps that's a brain submerged in testosterone speaking).

I would only recommend Tinder if you're naturally good looking and you have photos shot with a DSLR with someone who knows what they're doing, otherwise, every guy and his brother is on there and all those engineers are throwing a metric shitton of attention and competing with each other. The barrier of entry to Tinder or online dating is incredibly low, so all those guys who'd shit their pants to talk to a random girl can swipe all day.

Since I'm in the same situation, and since I'm often frustrated with the lack of results I'm getting, I don't yet have the answer for you (us).

I think that the best course of action is to do the thing with the highest barrier of entry. Start doing daytime approaches, do it in the campus, in the city center, do library game (there's an article on it in GC). Do 30 min of approaches in your lunch break, or on your way home after classes, or on Saturdays.

Just remember, once you're out of school, you'll be laughing your ass off at guys that are whining because there are too many guys in a club because there are more guys than girls by 5%, or some other entitled bullshit. We're learning to pull the only girl in a party... This will hone your edge more than you can imagine, unless you lose your sanity and burn out, like I almost have.

Haha my man I feel you. Thats the problem, in the campus, no girls(seriously), library for engineers, which has the books I need? no girls. Day game? not enough time.... I was thinking of going to study in a cafe or smth, but I found out I am not either studying successfully, neither pick up girls lol.

I am not complaining, I still do day approaches and push myself, go to the club the night before 9 am lectures and still attend those(haha).

This post is more of "share your own experiences" thing, to find if anyone has cracked it in a more efficient way

Frost

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I feel you man. I study engineering as well, and the number of girls is terribly low. But I chose to live in a campus full of international students from all universities, so the ratio problem exists only when I'm at university. But there are a few girls (among the very few girls that are there) that are pretty cute, so I make it my goal to approach them and try to push it further with them.

Your only solution is looking outside the course. When you want to study, go to a cafe, preferably close to the campuses where there are a lot of girls (biology, life and food sciences, psychology etc...) and just hang out there. If there are no cute girls you can study, but when you see one that catches your eye, well you know what to do ;)

For nightgame you can also go to bars (lounge bars for example) instead of clubs where the music is too loud for a conversation.

Another useful tip: Make friends with people from universities where there are a lot of women. They will probably have a lot of hot girl friends (whether it's guys or girls) and you can hang out with them, go to their parties, and meet a lot of women through them. It happened to me a few weeks back, I participated in an exchange program that's for 1 week only, and chose a university known for the huge female/male ratio. I met a girl, got her number, but later she said in an indirect way that she has a BF. I met her a couple of weeks later at a party, she was with her friends, and she introduced me to them and went and let me do my thing :)

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Frost said:
I feel you man. I study engineering as well, and the number of girls is terribly low. But I chose to live in a campus full of international students from all universities, so the ratio problem exists only when I'm at university. But there are a few girls (among the very few girls that are there) that are pretty cute, so I make it my goal to approach them and try to push it further with them.

Your only solution is looking outside the course. When you want to study, go to a cafe, preferably close to the campuses where there are a lot of girls (biology, life and food sciences, psychology etc...) and just hang out there. If there are no cute girls you can study, but when you see one that catches your eye, well you know what to do ;)

For nightgame you can also go to bars (lounge bars for example) instead of clubs where the music is too loud for a conversation.

Another useful tip: Make friends with people from universities where there are a lot of women. They will probably have a lot of hot girl friends (whether it's guys or girls) and you can hang out with them, go to their parties, and meet a lot of women through them. It happened to me a few weeks back, I participated in an exchange program that's for 1 week only, and chose a university known for the huge female/male ratio. I met a girl, got her number, but later she said in an indirect way that she has a BF. I met her a couple of weeks later at a party, she was with her friends, and she introduced me to them and went and let me do my thing :)

Frostie!

You know the struggle as well I see!

I have a problem making friends with other courses tbh, since they have different timetables and organizing things is a bit difficult. Nevertheless I am working on it.

Do you have any advice on the structure of your studying so you can have more time to socialize?

Cheerio

Ergon

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'm a STEAM student with organization issues too haha.

I haven't figure it out completely, but there's a few things I've found have helped me cope with it.
The coffee shop is a good idea. Personally I try be involved in some activity, like a club (e.g. international students) or a dance/improv/theater class.
During classes there's weeks when I don't have time to approach or do anything seduction related, but by being involved in those extracurricular activities at least I practice and interact with people for a little bit. It really helps me maintain some social capacity and you do get to meet cute girls every once in a while.

About making my schedule and classes more relaxed I found studying a little bit every day during breaks and vacations helps immensely.Really, most people don't do that yet there's been studies that say that's when you forgot most of what you learned and it's the difference between good and not so good students. (if you're interested check Outliers, by Malcolm Gladwell ch 9).

If you read ahead the books for your upcoming classes not only do you avoid unlearning the more basic material, but you're ahead by when classes start and hopefully less burdened and more efficient. You don't even have to do it for hours nor a bunch of problems, just reading the material in order, following the examples, for 30 min to an hour should make the difference. I personally try 30 min which is enough to make reasonable progress while not so much I feel tempted to skip a day nor feel like i'm missing my vacations.

Anyway, those are my two cents.
Good luck in your endeavors.
Ergon

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Take an elective course in a major with more women...
Take a Social Swing class for one credit pass fail...
get a part-time job hashing for a sorority...
Get a parttime job at a night club that students frequent....

Part of being a good fisherman is putting your lure where there are a lot of fish.....

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Slay said:
Currently working 44 hours a week. One day off

I workout 6 days a week.

I also train and deliberate practice for my sport everyday.

I still approach 2 days a week.

Find time.

Slay

"Find time." means nothing. You have cracked the case, would you mind sharing your knowledge on this issue?

Inbocca

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
You'd be surprised how much time you spend doing things that are not improving your skills or life at all. Just keeping you entertained and usually draining your pockets in the process. Not saying you should stop doing fun things, but like Slay said: if you want it bad enough, you'll find the time.

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
My solution (already tested by me):
Sit at the cafeteria, laptop on. Usually I'll do my homework or reading assignment. Cute girls appear. Approach. If I'm being shot down, I just retreat, and continue to work.
If the girl is receptive, chat with her, grab the phone number. Then I return.

I'm not exactly that good, I've never successfully convert a phone number into a date, but basically it would solve your problem.

Also:
Problem 1: What if you're being shot down, and the whole cafeteria look at you?
Usually the girl will not make a big fuss out of it, she would just turn you down. From the outside, it would look like we're acquantances and just say hi.
Problem 2: What if you sarge too much at your school cafeteria?
Change cafeteria. Hell, when I sarged too much at my school's cafe, and everyone knew my face, I went to a different school's cafe, and posed as the student there :).

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
CuriosityKillsTheCat said:
My solution (already tested by me):
Sit at the cafeteria, laptop on. Usually I'll do my homework or reading assignment. Cute girls appear. Approach. If I'm being shot down, I just retreat, and continue to work.
If the girl is receptive, chat with her, grab the phone number. Then I return.

I'm not exactly that good, I've never successfully convert a phone number into a date, but basically it would solve your problem.

Also:
Problem 1: What if you're being shot down, and the whole cafeteria look at you?
Usually the girl will not make a big fuss out of it, she would just turn you down. From the outside, it would look like we're acquantances and just say hi.
Problem 2: What if you sarge too much at your school cafeteria?
Change cafeteria. Hell, when I sarged too much at my school's cafe, and everyone knew my face, I went to a different school's cafe, and posed as the student there :).

Thanks a lot curiosity!
Will get right to it

CaptainHenley

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
So an update....

Things haven't being going great. I literally have a tight schedule. Lectures 9-5, a dickfest basically where the majority is socially autistic and I can biuld no momentum...then I need to study afterwards...then also shower, and work out some days....then make sure i get proper sleep as to do that all over again the next day....

It simple doesnt add up. The little time that is left, I am exhausted, and my social momentum is basically 0....

I am approaching girls in the library (thanks Wiliam Gupta), and I was on dates with 3 diferent girls.

All very good looking, very ambitious and feminine....my type of girls , which I also seem to attract the most.

Yet they all have boyfriends...One of them actually started to cry because she went on a date with me and felt like she was betraying her boyfriend....

I don't know what to do lads....I feel so tired and exhausted and lacking a will to carry on the day...

Why work out when there is no woman to appreciate it?

Why be inteleactually dominant and a leader in my engineering project teams if there is no gain from it on the side of my life that is lacking?(girls)

Why bother waking up, taking a shower, styling your hair etc. , when you know that there is nothing to come out of it?

I still keep doing these things, but my will power is draining and draining...

Inbocca

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Couple things.

I literally have a tight schedule. Lectures 9-5, a dickfest basically where the majority is socially autistic and I can biuld no momentum...then I need to study afterwards...then also shower, and work out some days....then make sure i get proper sleep as to do that all over again the next day

That's good on many levels. You can still build momentum with less savvy people. You can build momentum anywhere, talking to staff members, classmates, a bus driver, anyone really. Just talking to people and having it go well builds momentum. If you want more social people to talk to, spend your spare time making friends with them. What little you have, I guess. Sleep is also super important to feeling fresh and working out boosts testosterone which (in theory) will increase your drive to pick up girls.

I am approaching girls in the library (thanks Wiliam Gupta), and I was on dates with 3 diferent girls. All very good looking, very ambitious and feminine....my type of girls , which I also seem to attract the most.

Sounds like you're getting results with the kind of girl you want. Hard work pays off. Which brings us to...

I don't know what to do lads....I feel so tired and exhausted and lacking a will to carry on the day...

Why work out when there is no woman to appreciate it?

Why be inteleactually dominant and a leader in my engineering project teams if there is no gain from it on the side of my life that is lacking?(girls)

Why bother waking up, taking a shower, styling your hair etc. , when you know that there is nothing to come out of it?

I still keep doing these things, but my will power is draining and draining...

This is the danger that a lot of the veterans on this forum talk about, which is making girls the focus of your life. I'm guilty of this myself, so maybe I'm not the best to tell you how to overcome it. It burns you out and puts you in a place of neediness. Should you do things that make you more attractive to women? Absolutely. Should you do things you hate just because you want success with them? No.

You should work out because you want to be able to check yourself out in the mirror (no homo) and being confident that women are doing the same everywhere you go is just a bonus. You should be intellectually dominant because it feels awesome to be smarter than everyone else and have them know it. You should want to be a leader because of the power and responsibility that comes with it.

It's not easy all the time. Sometimes it does feel like you're doing all that work for nothing. Other times it pays off tenfold. If you can, make it so routine it's normal, or see them as challenges to beat. For example, i like styling my hair even though I suck at it because I'm getting better. Some days I get to walk out of the house looking like a model and it puts a smile on my face. The rest of those days where it doesn't look as good don't matter. That's how it is for everything else too. When there's no willpower, just do it anyway.

If you go full burnout, it will start as a break and then the next thing you know you're looking back on those dates as the best thing to happen to you in a while. Avoid future sadness. Be a badass now.

>