Jake's Newbie Assignment

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Goals

Have 3 one-night stands in 90 days.
Sleep with two specific girls back at the home country after I return from an overseas departure.

About Me

On November 28th, 2012 I discovered girlschase.com. As an 18 year old virgin, who moved to a different country directly after high-school ended, and not attending university, this website was an instructive social and romantic god-send. I purchased the e-book in January, and began working on a number of fundamentals but I'm finally just starting the newbie assignment. Dear God, help me.

Day 1
As I've sporadically had days where I've approached multiple women with a direct opener, I thought I'd skip to day 4, with the task of approaching with a simple "hi" to six beautiful women. Man, was I dead wrong...

I'm not sure if it was a lack of social momentum, the stress of cold-approaching women in the street, or trying to answer the damn question of "is my back actually this sweaty?" that stopped me from saying hi to ANY girls. I'm going to try tomorrow as well, but as of today my headcount is currently 0. I must've been walking the streets of Perth for 3 hours. I had moments where I saw a gorgeous girl walk in front of me, with the pizzazz and fashion that you'd only see in big cities, and while walking up to her I felt myself breathing heavier, slouching more, and throat tightening to the point that I DIDN'T talk to her. I don't even want to know what the people behind thought of that presentation...

Anyways, I'm heading out tomorrow to conquer this approach anxiety. But tomorrow I'll try to build social momentum with people not including gorgeous women (which is pretty much where I'm at now anyways).

Hope to hear feedback from the helpful community here in the weeks coming :)

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 2

Much better than Day 1! Went to the bus stop today, and immediately started talking to a family that was there, which gave me some social momentum. When I had sat down to my seat near the back of the bus, I talked to this girl behind me by saying "pretty stuffed on this bus today, eh?" with a small smile on my face. She looked at me in the eyes, with a small, polite smile and said "yeah". Two minutes later she went over to sit on a different part of the bus when it became less crowded. Maybe this had something to do with fundamentals? Perhaps the question came off as complaining?

After again talking to other types of people (elders, families, etc.), I rounded up more social momentum and talked to some girls. I ended up asking FOUR girls how their days were. I'm especially proud of this since it is my second day. i think another factor in this success was simply having fun. After trying on some neat outfits in a few clothing stores and getting in a good mood while talking to the pretty cashier, I found my interactions much more smooth than before.

Or maybe it was all the cheesy inspirational Youtube videos...

Any commentary or suggestions always welcome,
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I've been attempting to this assignment within 10 consecutive days, but I've been having real trouble just getting out of this house today. I refuse to let this fear take the best of me. I'm going to take a shower, head out, and work on some night game instead. This is my commitment to write tonight for a Day 3 post.

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 3

Feeling really great today. I was facing a tremendous amount of mental resistance before leaving the house, so I forcefully pushed myself into the streets of Perth with the help of some Tony Robbins and Eminem. It's strange though, because it's those nights that lack the initial motivation and inspiration that give you the greatest feelings when you finally do hit the clubs/streets/(insert your niche here).

Unfortunately, I didn't talk to any girls except for hired guns, and a homeless man. Easily, the reason why I'm not talking women is because I'm not taking the first step in the approach: standing next to them. I don't remember which particular article it was, but I remember Chase or Ricardus saying that a key element in overcoming approach anxiety is walking/standing next to the woman you want to talk to. This makes intuitive sense, as it is easy to physically walk up next to a woman, and it is equally as easy to talk to a girl you "happen to be" next to. For some reason, attempting the combination at the same time is a suicide mission (at least for me).

Anyways, tomorrow at 12 I leave for Round 4. I'm feeling very confident in my success since I have work off the entire day, tomorrow ISN'T a holiday (like it was today, down under), and Tuesday's are generally busy in my local town. Tomorrow will be the day I approach 6 different girls to ask how their "days are going so far" while applying the one-two punch technique of standing-then-talking.

Look out ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 4

Breaking barriers today. I headed into town (my usual spot), and immediately started talking to an attractive girl whom was shopping on the street. I believe this gave me some key social momentum to engage in more interactions later in the day. The conversation went something like this:

Walked up and started glancing at items next to her
Me: "How's you're day g-"
Realized she had ear-buds in, and gave her a "take out the earphones" motion. I didn't even finish the damn sentence
Her: "Good! How's you're day today?"
Me: "Good, just exploring WA, what brings you out to town?"
Her: "Just coming back from work, where are you from?" (this is why I love having an accent in a foreign country, makes interactions easier)
Me: "The States, how about yourself?"
Her: "From here" clacks her tongue "I live right down this street"
Me: Oh really, right there?"
Her: "Yeah"
...and there was some other conversation that I don't quite remember, as it didn't turn out to be that engaging from my end. In fact, she seemed more comfortable than me, she was facing me and everything. I was trying to stand on the side, looking at her 80% of the time, and as if I was still glancing at some of the items 20%. I felt like I was going out of my way to stand on the side...any suggestions on when to start facing her with my body? I left that conversation in kind of a weird, awkward shape.

I also had a second interaction. This time, it was when I was on the bus. I was going home, feeling a little defeated after not having another interaction on the street. But when I was going on the bus to get home, I found this gorgeously-dressed woman in the back. So I sat next to her, and after 5-10 seconds, I started straight off saying:

Me: "So how's your day going today?"
Her: "Alright, you?"

Anyways, I went straight into deep diving. My standard deep-diving with a girl goes something like what her profession is, what she'd rather be doing, if she does something creative, if she travels (or wants to), and where she is from. I'm having trouble thinking of anything else to make conversation with, and if she is not interested in some of these questions, the conversation will get strained in about 3 or 4 minutes. Any suggestions on what else to talk about?

Otherwise, talking to two attractive women today, and getting warm reception (they are start facing me with their body after I start deep-diving) felt like a success. Any answers to the questions appreciated.

Wish me luck tomorrow ;)
Jake

Tyme2k

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
The first girl was pretty into you I'd say. You should have pushed for an instant date and started leading her around. What is your goal when gaming? I know you are fairly new, but what if you could have took her on an instant date, built attraction then rapport then back to her place and close? Is that something in your reality?

I think you could have expressed interest and led her to an instant date. She openly told you she lived right down the street also..

Good luck though man, great FR.

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
The first girl was pretty into you I'd say. You should have pushed for an instant date and started leading her around. What is your goal when gaming? I know you are fairly new, but what if you could have took her on an instant date, built attraction then rapport then back to her place and close? Is that something in your reality?

I think you could have expressed interest and led her to an instant date. She openly told you she lived right down the street also..

Good luck though man, great FR.

Thanks for the words of encouragement, Tyme. Leading her around would have definitely been a good idea, ramping up her investment...I'm still trying to figure out how the whole logistics of doing the deed will work. It's a tricky situation, since I have family living in the house. In hindsight, her house would have been the ideal location, and I will work on making that a reality the next time a situation pops up like that.

Day 5

Today was the day I was supposed to walk up to six girls and say "how is your day going?". Before I left the house, I pictured in my mind walking up to twelve different girls doing the same thing. I imagined the scenario working out perfectly, and having fantastic conversations. I ended up walking up to 6 different women, and talking to 2 more that sat down next to me on the bus. I also ended up talking to 2 different guys, more for keeping up social momentum. I had no idea that I could do all of that in an hour-and-a-half. For each person that I talked to, I did at least a solid 5 minutes of deep-diving. One girl I went up to, I did a direct complement approach, but my breath evaporated, and I was voicing blanks. The last girl I talked to, I moved our interaction to some shade under a nearby tree and we talked for a solid 7 or 8 minutes. Unfortunately it got awkward again at the end, but that gives me the next objective that I'm looking forward to working on.

Some things I'm going to remember that made this day more successful than the previous days. First, was picturing in vivid details, the perfects scenarios. Second was a change in venue. Because I'm 18, and ran into older 20's women in the streets, I wanted to find girls my age: University's. Oh man, this place is perfect for meeting girls. They just walk around campus, waiting to be pounced upon. In addition, they have that signature sexual university curiosity, and there is always a chance that they live in the dorms, just a five minute walk. I'm excited to venture to a different university tomorrow and ask the not-so-platonic "are you single?", and see if I can keep up the warm reception.

Wish me luck ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 6

Today the goal was to ask four different girls if they were single. This was truly the perfect assignment for me to be tasked with. I've never stated my interest in a girl without her initiating something first. What a great feeling it is to realize you are no longer binded to implicit rules, and you are free to speak your mind. It's the same thing with using a direct opener.

Anyways, the trip was a success. I initiated conversations with four different girls by asking if they were single. However, I've realized a ritual that I've been doing since Day 1 that has helped put me into a peak state. In order: floss, brush teeth, wash face, shower with inspirational music or motivational speaker (specifically Tony Robbins, ET the hip hop preacher, and Les Brown), dress fashionably. And my process for starting conversations with girls starts with me walking next to, but slightly ahead of them, taking a glance at my watch, saying "Hey", and then asking the question (it's been a different question everyday).

The interactions were decent, nowhere NEAR the investment I was getting from "how's your day going?", or witty openers. I do understand that the opening percentage must be lower on more direct openers such as "Hey, are you single?". In fact, after asking that to one woman, she laughed but I didn't understand why until the end of the conversation when she said she was in town to talk to her wedding coordinator...son-of-a-bitch! Not like it mattered, after walking up to her, she didn't appear as attractive as what I thought I saw with peripheral vision.

Working on my walk tomorrow. Pretty basic, but I know it's crucial to my success. Even though I've been practicing my fundamentals in everyday life (for a solid month now, actually), they all shoot out the window when I start talking to a girl. Probably the reason my opening percentage was a bit lower today.

Can't wait for tomorrow ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Tyme2k said:
Keep it up

Thanks Tyme, I always appreciate your support.

Day 7

Eye opening day, today. I was supposed to go out to the venues I'd chosen to meet women and practice my strut. I didn't leave the house early enough, and I thought I would have had time considering I was only working a single shift tonight. I ended up only having time going to the gym, then coming back for a shower before heading off to work. I did practice my walking for about 40 minutes on the treadmill (excessive, yeah, I was out with the parents so they wanted to stay on there for a while. Minis well take advantage of time there!)

Here is the interesting thing I've found, though. For each situation that I'm trying to accomplish (it can be literally anything), I frame it as a 'win' if I do a task well. The point of this is to increase my testosterone, which will help with motivation to talk to women. I started really focusing on this idea tonight at work where I wash dishes. Normally I get stressed because I find myself falling behind the rate of stacking dishes. But tonight I started focusing on each dish that I washed quickly as a 'win'. Suddenly I was able to keep my focus on the dishes, decrease my stress, and ultimately, wash dishes like I had eight hands. I was consistently receiving compliments on this newfound speed, i was done an hour ahead of usual, and my boss praised my performance. On top of this, I felt my fundamentals really kicking in. Posture, mannerisms, voice, everything. It just all came together as I felt the rush of success.

Can't wait to start meeting women again tomorrow. I actually couldn't stop thinking about making progress today.

See ya tomorrow ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 8

Today's assignment was to walk up to four different women and ask either "how your day going, today?" or "are you single?" and follow that up with "I thought you were really cute, and wanted to come say 'hi'. I'm (insert name here)."

After taking a day 'off' yesterday, I found myself getting pretty nervous before the approach again. But, I did talk to four different women! The first three I asked how their days were, and I left the last one with asking if they were single. Something else realized today, since it's a Saturday morning, a lot of high school girls were on the street. Many of them with their moms. Making a mental note to visit later in the days at festivals and events where girls my age tend to roam. But I found this to be the perfect time to start approaching girls that were in groups of 2 or 3. Surprisingly, I'd start talking to one of the girls, and the other one would just be silent. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, feed back here would be appreciated.

Another interesting find, I tend to approach girls that look like girls that I already know and find attractive. Maybe that's a good thing, and could inspire a genuine compliment/conversation. Lastly, I find myself slipping slightly on the fundamentals, so I'm going to really focus on that tomorrow when I start with witty banter.

Excited to make more progress ;)
Jake

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Jake, finally found some time to read through your assignment, nice job so far! (and it's also been a very nice read)

PrettyDecent said:
Day 8
Surprisingly, I'd start talking to one of the girls, and the other one would just be silent. I'm not sure if that's good or bad, feed back here would be appreciated.

This really depends on how you handle it. For one it's definitely good to put your focus on the girl you're attracted to and girls love getting lost with a guy she is attracted to. You see it all the time, especially in clubs, where a girl's talking to/making out with a guy and her friend stands next to them looking at her cellphone. Which for the moment doesn't matter, but I've always made it a goal to make a good impression on her friends. Women will almost always consult with their friends and if her friend just happens to stay around bored all she will say is "yeah, he was nice" with that awkward smile.

I find it to be very important to include everybody when I approach two girls. It makes it less awkward for the "outsider" and it shows what a great conversationalist you are, or even a leader (you interrupt their conversation, you open up a new one and you make everybody around you feel good). Now that obviously doesn't mean turning your head left and right and ask her this question and her friend that question back and forth but be open to both, don't separate them (in terms of getting in between them and then turn your back to her friend, sometimes splitting them for a minute can be something very effective but that's another topic) and just avoid making her feel like an outsider. All you need to do is to look at her every now and then and maybe ask a little question that involves the two of them, really. I also like to use a girl's friend to tease her a little.

- nino

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
nino said:
I find it to be very important to include everybody when I approach two girls. It makes it less awkward for the "outsider" and it shows what a great conversationalist you are, or even a leader (you interrupt their conversation, you open up a new one and you make everybody around you feel good). Now that obviously doesn't mean turning your head left and right and ask her this question and her friend that question back and forth but be open to both, don't separate them (in terms of getting in between them and then turn your back to her friend, sometimes splitting them for a minute can be something very effective but that's another topic) and just avoid making her feel like an outsider. All you need to do is to look at her every now and then and maybe ask a little question that involves the two of them, really. I also like to use a girl's friend to tease her a little.

- nino

Heya Nino, cool to see you on this post. You inspired me to do this assignment with your stickied journal.

This advice makes good sense. It was a bit awkward to leave the someone out of the conversation, and your distinction between a Q&A session on each person as opposed to occasionally making comments to the other girl will aid me in approaching more girls in groups.

Day 9

Today's assignment was to walk up to 4 different girls with the same styled approach as Day 8, but include witty banter. I can make a million excuses, but I know I procrastinated and chickened out. I ended up having a bunch of platonic-styled interactions, which was alright, but I really just want to reach my goals. Tomorrow I'm going to do Day 10's assignment, regardless, and include Day 9's assignment in it.

Heading to the Uni tomorrow; prepared to meet those college girls ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I wrote a pretty lengthy post on here describing the success of Day 10, but it was unfortunately deleted when I hit preview page. Remind me to "Save Draft" next time ;).

Day 10

Today's assignment was to open 4 girls with "Hey, how's your day going?" and then say "I thought you were cute and wanted to come say hi" and follow that up with some flirtatious banter (this is really day 9's assignment).

The first three interactions were all pretty horrendous, whether it was because the compliment didn't feel authentic, the person was "in a rush", or they just "couldn't understand" what I was saying at all. This has made me wonder whether I had just not met enough girls yet, or if it was a serious problem with my fundamentals. I'm pretty sure I still appear slightly nervous on the approach, and I'm working on minimizing that aspect. On the fourth girl, I'm not really sure what it was. I was starting to lose motivation, when I saw a blonde girl in blue skirt pass by me in my peripheral vision. I thought, what the hell, it's not like I'll be breaking my winning streak anyways. The conversation went something like this:

Walking up next to her, looking at my watch before I moved my head toward her
Me: Hey, how's your day going?
Her: Pretty good!
At this point I saw her face, and I was thinking "I don't use a rating system, but goddamn, she's a 9"
Me: I thought you were cute and wanted to come say hi. I'm Jake.
Her: Oh really? I'm (insert her name here).
Shaking each others hands

She was giving me great reception (I think it was because the compliment actually felt authentic this time), and I deep dived, figuring out what she was studying, what she wants to do with her degree, what her lifelong passion was. At some point I had run out of things to talk about, and I thought it might be good to leave the interaction before it spoiled. So I said I had to go, and while I was turning away she said something like "You have an American accent! So do I! Where are you from?". The conversation had surprisingly been kickstarted, and I started walking with her again, and she deep dived me (tried not to give many details), I further deep dived her (found out she was a fourth year Math-major student who had a passion for dancing and had done it for 10 years), I said something like "You know, I really like how you are pursuing a math degree. Many girls I've talked to don't even like math", and I teased her a few times (maybe 3 or 4 times, all solid ones). That's when we got in front of her dorm.

Me: pointing at the dorms "74, 75, 76 --"
Her: "I live on that one, 76" points to her dorm on the top

The interaction was going so well. All I had to do was make up some shitty excuse to go into her dorm, and I could finish what is a third of my goal. I was so close, I could literally see the finish line at that spot where she was pointing. But I choked, and I didn't close. Oh man, she was really hot, too. That would have been such an excellent opportunity. I'm teetering somewhere on the line of ecstatic and disappointment because I now know I have this potential, but chickened out before I could take it.

Either way, what a motivating experience! I was feeling the hands of un-motivation creeping up, but this has really inspired me to keep on going (just like a similar event helped me with motivation to start the newbie assignment, 10 days ago).

Can't wait for Day 11 ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Tyme2k said:
Awesome.

"Can I use your bathroom?"

Thanks, man. I like this one, I'll use this next time.

Day 11

Today's assignment was to talk to four different girls by opening with a "hey, how's your day going?" followed with "I thought you were cute and wanted to say hi, my name's Jake", do some flirty banter, and end with a phone number.

I'm pretty excited about today, it was definitely motivating. Out of the four girls I talked to, I got phone numbers from 3 of them. One of them were "heading to their dormroom" again, and I still didn't take the chance. Both of the girls that gave me the most interest had the same american accent that I have. I'm guessing it really ups the rapport when they see someone from "home". I wrote their numbers on a notecard (actually, 2 of them wrote it for me), old school ;). Not really thinking I'm going to use these numbers, as my phone is broken.

Expecting to make some great progress tomorrow ;)
Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 12

This is the first day going off the beaten path of the newbie assignment. I arbitrarily made the assignment talk to 6 girls and get their phone numbers, but I didn't end up leaving early enough. That seems to be the main problem, too. I'm going to allocate more time to assignments and beat this procrastination bug. I talked to one girl, but it was pretty platonic. I'm going to leave at 11:00 instead to really give myself the most amount of time possible.

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 14

Today's assignment was to talk to a number of different women, which would include "witty banter" at least 30 seconds into the conversation.

The number ended up being 3. Actually, I wasn't even planning on doing an assignment today, I was using the time before work to go get my phone fixed so I can start making use of the numbers! Witty banter, I realized, is something that is going to take a lot of practice. Being witty and lightly teasing is difficult to find on someone if they are not doing something outstanding. However, I think it's easier to determine how you are going to tease a girl as something comes up (as it usually does 30 seconds into the conversation), rather than predetermining before the approach.

Looking to make more use out of this tomorrow since I only have a single shift ;)

Jake

PrettyDecent

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Day 15

Pretty pumped to get out of the house today, despite this recently flared acne that has made me second guess myself on these approaches. After having somewhat awkward interactions with a few people on the train, I did have some warm reception from a different woman I talked to.

I saw her from two blocks away, a slightly short blonde haired girl in a skirt, and she matched my description of what I want in a girl. I finally caught up to her 10 minutes later, and after preopening and asking how her day was, I couldn't get the next word in. I don't know if she thought I was just being social, or if she had already reached a hook, because she was asking questions so fast, I couldn't tell her I thought she was cute. The interaction was pretty good, but didn't leave with a phone number or date.

Looking forward to seeing a "quantum-leap" in progress soon,
Jake

nino

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Jake, Day 10 must have felt pretty good already!

Yeah opening with a banter is something I found quite difficult myself and is easiest when something comes up. It's really situational but then again it's also something that you can practice. Even if it's just for a good laugh, it will mostly yield positive responses.

PrettyDecent said:
I saw her from two blocks away, a slightly short blonde haired girl in a skirt, and she matched my description of what I want in a girl. I finally caught up to her 10 minutes later, and after preopening and asking how her day was, I couldn't get the next word in. I don't know if she thought I was just being social, or if she had already reached a hook, because she was asking questions so fast, I couldn't tell her I thought she was cute. The interaction was pretty good, but didn't leave with a phone number or date.

Would be pretty interesting what it was like, maybe we can spot something you could have done better (or how/when/where you could have grabbed her number)

- nino

>