The starting from nothing journal

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I decided to start a journal. Because why the hell not? Can't hurt to keep track of my "progress".

I haven't posted in a while in the forum, even though I read my topics of interest because I have been pretty busy. For a lot of days in a row I stayed in the house and only the past days I have been going out like crazy so I had a few chances to approach. My approach anxiety is quite severe so I am trying to baby step my way there by being friendly with everyone and trying to chat with people at bars, which until recently was something unheard of for me.'

So yesterday I went out with my best buddy and I was angry at myself that I saw a very pretty girl in the venue and while trying to get the courage to go talk to her she got up and left. But that acted as a bit of a shock for me so later I was sitting down and a girl walked past me having just got a drink from the bar and I thought to try compliance and least effort so I waved her to come towards me.

I introduced myself and told her that I had to stop her because she was beautiful. I made her spin for me in order to guess her age and conversation was flowing quite well, I qualified her on speaking Japanese but at some point even though the convo was going well she told me that she left her friend alone and should get back to her. I told her to get her friend and come sit with us, she gave me some bs excuse but I still went for the number as reference experience, she told me first that she is only in town for a few days so we can't meet up and after that she doesn't give her number to strangers so I cut her loose.

Later I grabbed a very hot girl who was walking past me which seemed very surprised and obviously wanting to escape, I tried working around her resistance but when she told me that she was 18 for some reason my mind went blank so I told her that I'd better not get in trouble and let her go. This approach was a very clumsy one.

Overall a pretty fun evening, funny how your brain tricks you into thinking that an approach rejection will be something terrible when in reality feels actually exciting. We then went to another venue and even though I didn't approach, I chatted with most of the people around me which led to people who were celebrating giving us free drinks. Just be being social instead of sitting there sipping our drinks we had an amazing night. I actually made small talk with a girl on not interesting things but after that felt like I burned my approach bridge by making that kind of small talk, it just felt out of place to reengage her with the intention to flirt.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Went out with a friend yesterday, made only one approach and that is because she was sitting next to me. Girl was gorgeous, during the night I saw her being approached by at least 4 guys. I find that talking to someone who is close is far easier, I shudder at the thought of crossing a room full of people to talk to a girl.

Anyway I made a silly joke about her dress, she turned facing me keeping her side to her girlfriends and we talked a bit but she wasn't investing in the conversation, she was giving me boring answers and asked me a couple of equally boring questions, I tried the bored look but didn't help. I let things die naturally and she went back talking to her friends. At least I maintained solid EC and so did she.

I noticed something strange though, my brain must be fucked up. I am pretty sure that some girls are checking me out, I even think I caught one of them talking to her friend about me. The problem is that this doesn't make me want to approach them, instead my brain turns it into something like "Hey you are cool girls like you, better not risk any rejections by approaching.

Good thing is that I am going on a 7 days-trip in big a European city with my best mate and I have really high expectations, I want this change of environment to make me go wild. If I don't score at least a makeout with a horny tourist I will be disappointed.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Came back from my trip, had so much fun and incredible experiences. It was a bit of an approach-breakthrough for me since I couldn't keep track of how many people ( 95% girls) I talked to. Things looked pretty great from the beginning since we arrived in a small town which would normally be dead, but instead it was university welcome week and there was a whole street with bars literally full of pussy.

I started getting blown out from early on trying to stop a set of 3 while walking, they just walked past me without stopping. I picked up from there opening only standing sets. As the night was progressing I noticed a trend. Local girls would act awkward/strange when I cold approached them, but would get warm a minute into the conversation, holding strong EC and even asking questions. I assumed that strong EC must be a national characteristic, even disinterested girls had it.

That night had a peak moment, a drop dead gorgeous girl walked past me in a noisy bar and I just asked while smiling "who are you?". She stopped surprised and she introduced herself, we talked for some time, I was damn sure that she was receptive, I told her to come outside because I couldn't hear her and she did. 5 minutes later I told her to get her friend and join us in another bar, she told me that she would go in to ask her friend. I am not sure how I let that happen, I should know better than that by now. I went back in and tried to kiss her in front of her friend, she wouldn't do it even though she was fine with me holding her close and having my hands all over her. I knew it was going nowhere so I left. Still proud, never before have I tried to escalate in such short time ( ~10 minutes of knowhing her).

I was opening new girls , starting to realize the difficulties of nightgame, problems associated with friends would pop up constantly. For example I told a girl who looked receptive to come outside with me to smoke and she told me "ok but I can't lose my friend" and grabbed her friend together. Before we left I talked to an 18 year old who looked like she was finding my presence magnetic but still didn't let me kiss her. Slut shaming could be an issue, otherwise I am clueless.

Another night we went to a pub crawl, there were less girls and competition was crazy, I was quick to talk to some girls but if I had taken my time I wouldn't be able to find a single girl alone after a few minutes. At some point I asked a stunner if she was scandinavian and she seemed hooked, conversation was flowing, but when we changed bars I lost her for 3 minutes. In that time some other dude approached her. Handling other people/cockblocks is one of the topics that I still haven't studied in GC so I was clueless. I left them talking deciding to re-open her later. During the flow of the night I could see her with that guy but I think she was blowing him off, I chatted again with her at times but when I was bored and wanted to leave I went and told her to come for a walk with me, she seemed positive and asked her friend who was standing right next to us if she could come and of course the friend told her not to get separated. I grabbed her number just for the sake of it and left. In this one I definetely didn't move fast enough, but I was touching her constantly, which is progress.

Last night we went clubbing, by accident I discovered an opener which seemed to work great in that environment. I asked a girl who was passing me by "Hey how tall are you" and she stopped and engaged me. I think it breaks them out of autopilot, because I had girls simply ignore me when I asked them where they are from etc etc but every single girl I asked how tall she was, she stopped to answer and chat. Anyway, with that opener I met a 6'2'' beautiful local who was there with her neighbours, she seemed warm, when I tried to kiss her she told me that she will kiss me once and then go back to her friends. I said whatever and she did but I realize that I should have been more independent and rejected that "offer", trying to persist around that. Just for the reference I re opened her later at night but as I expected she blew me off very firmly.

Last girl of the night was equally stunning, she wasn't even above average tall but she responded quite well to my opener. She was standing so close to me when talking that I didn't even need to try to kiss her, I told her "now stop talking and look into my eyes" which now sounds lame but whatever. She let me kiss her but she broke contact almost immediately. She told me "no tongue because I have a boyfriend'. I kissed her again a few times, kissed her neck as well but she wouldn't let herself free. She kept saying it isn't cheating if it's without tongue and I found it so silly that I had to try really hard not to laugh. As I was trying to think of a way to navigate around that resistance, one of her friends came over, told her something and grabbed her and she told me that she has to go. As with the previous girl I knew it was over, but I still tried to re-engage her later but this time was quite harsh, she didn't turn to face me, and her friends gathered around her protectively and told me that they just want to dance and that I should leave them alone. Nightclubs are strange environments, I won't take harsh rejections personally.

Even though I was with my best friend most of the time, when he left for a couple hours I had the chance to be out alone in a bar and it was devastating, easily much more difficult for me than cold approach. I don't know how you guys can do it, going out alone. I kept talking to people and even then, after a while I'd spoken to so many with no results that I just wanted to get out of there.

Another point of progress is that while the initial part before the approach is still killing me, I now am much calmer from the moment I open and afterwards.

All in all I am pretty pleased with my progress, I just don't feel that I can deconstruct my mistakes so I can improve. It probably doesn't make any sense but I feel like I am slightly better while having learned nothing. I know that I had at least 5 very pretty girls talking close to my face, seeming receptive, holding great EC and letting me touch them and hold them close and still didn't manage to escalate past that.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Pretty mediocre night yesterday, went for a drink and only did like 3-4 approaches but half hearted ones. I complimented a girl on her bag and she broke me out of autopilot because she couldn't understand my language and I had to switch to english so I gave up almost immediately. I then talked to someone who was touchy-flirty but wouldn't contribute to the conversation so I got bored and left and finally tried to stop 2 walking past me, one ignored me or didn't hear me the other one couldn't speak either my language or english. I hate the competition in my country, good looking dudes everywhere and even without game they do approach.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Fun night out yesterday, went out with 2 good friends and we just camped near the bar, we just randomly stopped people saying ridiculous things and had fun. As far as approaching goes I made like 4 serious attempts, first one was quite awkward, she was wearing a kind of shirt I hadn't seen before so I just asked what was that and she answered "a shirt". My ego wanted to walk away from that but I persisted a bit asked if she was a fashion designer but wasn't going anywhere so I left suddenly.

Next I stopped a tourist who didn't seem interested but we parted naturally, so during the night I re-engaged her a couple of times with situational remarks and was open to it but I don't believe she was interested in anything more because I saw her close with another guy that could have been a boyfriend. Or I am rationalizing.

Another one was quite smooth, I stopped to ask her where she is from because she looked exotic and she was flattered, guessed by her firm handshake that she is in business, teased her a bit but by the time I would try to move her, the topic of her boyfriend came up and she left but in very good terms, if I saw her again in the venue I would re-open her.

The last one was very helpful for my progress, I went as far as to move her outside. My friend had engaged her friend, so even though I wasn't very much attracted to her I opened her because she was basically standing alone. Conversation was going very well, I had trouble deflecting questions about myself because I gave so vague answers that seemed unsincere, I have to work on that a bit. I chased framed her once and she played along, I touched her twice, she was giving me good eye contact and playing with her hair so I figured I should move her. I told her that the music was too loud and I couldn't hear so we should go outside for 2 minutes, she asked her friend first and she said for only 2 minutes, I reassured her that we are going to be quick. But when I tried to lead her by the hand she withdrew her hand which I took for a bad sign. We went out, walked a bit while talking and then I stopped her and tried to kiss her and she reacted surprised, told me that she thought I just wanted to talk. I handled it very non-caring and went on with convo, tried again in a couple minutes but still no-go so I led her back inside because I could tell she would bring up her friend anytime. But after that she sticked around, we talked some more but I was bored and she was travelling there so I didn't grab her number for a date. We just left with my friend.

I think my mistake was that I didn't show my interest (apart from the chase frame), I opened with a situational opener so before we went out she didn't know for sure that I was attracted to her. Also should have moved her somewhere closer and less pressure before moving her outside. What troubled me is that she said that she doesn't know anything about me, which is good because I let her do all the talking, but she told me it was like I was interviewing her which I guess is bad, I should tone my questions down a bit.

-I have to persist harder as soon as I see the slightest sign of the conversation not going great I tend to eject. I have to try and burn it to the ground before leaving.
- I noticed that during conversation most of the times I don't pay attention to what the girl is saying, thinking only about moving the conversation forward, which is a big mistake I am sure my facial expressions show that I am not there.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Last night left me with a bitter feeling even though I had good fun with my friends, I technically didn't approach at all. Sure, I spoke to some girls in a situational fashion and I opened one with the intention to seduce her but she looked young and when she told me she was underage I just ejected. Stupid shit, as if it would hurt to just get to know her or stop at a makeout without aiming for sex...

I didn't feel a sex drive at all which is strange for a guy my age... And worst part is that for the next 2 weeks I will practically stay in home with no social life, so I will lose all the social momentum this amazing month has given me. I do hope that moving to a new city will refresh me in 2 weeks and motivate me to approach again.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
New start for me. Moved to new city, new country which is great for my pickup goals, albeit with a lot of new responsibilities which will limit my free time to practically non-existent.

Anyway, 2nd night in the city I went out alone. This shit is so difficult, I felt like every venue would alienate me if I sat there alone. And the fact that I didn't know the good places in the city wasn't helpful either. Thinking about it I should have gone to a club, the atmosphere is perfect for anonymity and single clubbers aren't so rare.

I only managed to talk to a set of 2 girls who I thought were glancing at me, I went from the side and matched their pace and asked to recommend any good places. So lame indirect way, doesn't even count as an approach. I didn't hide at all the fact that I was out alone and new in the city, they seemed surprised but told me "good for you". Maybe they were being condescending but who cares... Interesting thing is when one of them, the pretty one, recommended a venue I told her that it sounds cool and I will go there and she exchanged a look with her friend and started telling something along the lines of "maybe we should go there too" and I told them to come with me, she thought that I meant only her and told me they can't separate and blah blah blah.

I now have to overcome another problem, the problem of going out alone. If cold approach is 1x hard for me with friends it becomes 2x hard when I am out alone. Maybe I should find some wingmen just for going out to pickup. I have to think about it, if it will help me or kill my motivation. Difficult night for me, here I am putting my exact thoughts in writing. We'll see how this week will turn out...

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Went out yesterday before I was supposed to meet with some friends so I could practice some game. It was terrible I just wandered around the city, the streets were quite empty so I saw a girl like once every 10 minutes and of course I was too scared to approach. Again couldn't bring myself to go to a venue alone. I was so lame that the highlight of my cold approach was striking a conversation with an old man who was dressed to the nines and incredibly grateful that I spared the time to stop and talk to him, he seemed quite lonely. After this pointless wandering around I met with friends but I focused on them, only chatted a few girls waiting in the queue for some huge club. And cold weather doesn't help at all with my progress.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Just had a great night, after a lot of consecutive bad nights. It reminded me that game can be fun as hell, it's a shame that my brain can't remember this when it's giving me crippling approach anxiety.

I went out with a guy who's staying at the same hotel to a University party, I will call him friend for practical reasons. Probably the fact that I was with another person helped a lot, nights I've been out alone have offered me literally nothing. We got our drinks, standing near the bar where there were more people standing. At some point my eyes crossed with a girl who was standing near, mostly by accident and I said hi immediately. She seemed nice so I engaged her in conversation, she got out of her friend's circle to talk to me and my friend. It was only social conversation since my friend kept interrupting otherwise I might have tried to go direct with her. After that we all got bored so she went back to her friends.

Immediately after that (gotta love social momentum) I saw a set of 3 girls and one was looking around, I asked her some bs question like if she is looking for a friend. We starting talking, then I could sense that she was worrying about her friends, so I engaged and met her friends as well and started talking with all of them, my friend as well, just built a big circle of people. Funny thing is I was talking to all of them, and 2 of them were attractive and chatty so I wasn't sure which one to choose. One of them touched me playfully later so I decided to go for her. After we talked some more, albeit not in a high point which made things not as smooth, I asked her for her number so we can go out at some point but she told me that she has a boyfriend and she doesn't like going out with boys 1 on 1 but if I wanted to arrange something social with her and her friends it would be good. It was funny because she had the answer ready immediately, as if she expected it. I told her that I am not looking for a girlfriend and kept my frame (probably). My dumbass friend kept whispering to me to take her facebook, so when I didn't he sent her a friend request and told her that he would connect all of us on facebook.

After that I went to the bar to get some drinks, I opened a chick who was standing next to me waiting, she wasn't attractive but she was receptive, I just said hi and she immediately introduced herself to me, a nice moment. I chatted a bit with her, she kept insisting that even though she was behind me she could get served first because of her boobs. I told her to try that, she came by me and what do you know the bartender served me first. Then got my drinks and left.

Went back to my friend who was orbiting these previous girls, I asked a passer by how tall she was but I was rejected mildly. Then this friend social proofed me (I think) by telling to these girls that I am good at talking to random people. Later I found out that one of the girls told him that she is very jealous of my socializing with strangers. Poor girl, how could she know that I actually suck and I force everything. After that I felt like socializing with someone else so I just left them and went and stand in the middle of all the groups talking.

I saw with the corner of my eye an incredibly sexy girl in a black dress and I think she was looking at my direction, or I might have imagined it. Strangely enough after 10sec I just went up to her, without going through the usual process of reasoning and pushing myself, it kind of just happened. She was quite overdressed for that venue so I complimented her dress and asked her if she is going to an afterparty later. One of my greatest approaches for me, she seemed so receptive from the beginning. She gave me her full body attention immediately, ignored her friends, great EC and was standing very close to me. Even her friends seemed to be in my favor, they didn't try to cockblock me they just all left and left us alone lol. I am very proud that I remembered to move her, I moved her a couple of meters to the side, she was compliant. My friend came over to tell me to not leave him behind because I had the only key for the room and I had to break circle, I introduced them out of politeness (never again) and he almost cockblocked me by attempting to make small talk with her but I started talking with her again and he got the message and left.

I had found earlier that she is 18 years old and a smoker (important for later). Also did pretty good job at not talking about me, she persistently asked me to talk about my job but I told her that I wanted to learn about her country instead (she was latina). Strange thing is that even though she was very receptive and all, she wasn't contributing to the conversation very much, apart from qualifying herself, she was asking me boring questions but it turned out fine because I had a lot of other good signs to look for. Anyway knowing that she is a smoker I told her to go out for a smoke, she was like "but you don't smoke" and I said sth like ''yeah but you do and it's quiet outside''. As we were going out she realized that she didn't take her coat so she asked me if she could go and get it, I told her ''ok go but be quick'' lol.

We went out and she didn't have any cigarettes and her look was like confused as to how she got herself out to smoke without any possible cigarettes showing up. I started spitting random shit out of my mouth trying to implement pull talk. Of course I knew that I had to leave for the hotel with my "friend' and she would go to a club with her friends so there wasn't a chance of pulling, I was hoping for a makeout. Anyway I tried to kiss her probably not very smoothly exactly at the time when the security guard came to tell us to sit somewhere else lol. I still had my arm around her from trying to kiss her so I just led her down the stairs, sat down somewhere and then kissed her straight away, semi man handle. The kiss felt uncomfortable I don't know why I guess I am still terribly inexperienced. She bit my lip which I took as a good sign and I broke contact first. We then engaged in a kind of ''argument'' about me not remembering her name, I called her out on not remembering mine either, then I kissed her a couple of times more. Got her to put her number in my phone and told her that I would text her for the weekend. I still haven't got rid of needy/beta behaviour like asking her to give me a good kiss before leaving. It feels uncomfortable even thinking about it... Anyway I sent her the classic text to save my number, she hasn't replied, I doubt that she will but it doesn't matter I feel like this got my motivation up again. Normally I wouldn't write a detailed book like that for a partial makeout but that girl was just so pretty that deserves a special mention.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The past 2 days have been crazy busy so I have to summarize for both today and the day before that. The day before that I made about 5-6 approaches which felt great, I started opening the first girl I saw and it went smoothly from there after. Got a number from a beautiful girl, I texted her today trying to build some rapport before setting up the date and she responds with huge ass messages answering my questions but she isn't asking anything in return. I am thinking one/two days radio silence might help.

Went on a date with the stunning girl in black dress from a couple of nights ago, I will post the FR+ report for more details.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The black dress girl never responded after the makeout session so it's a NEXT. Seems like this week is repeating itself, went out on a date with another girl today and had the exact same thing happen, she came at my place we made out and then she left. I will post a detailed FR soon.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I went out clubbing yesterday after the date, was fun, made about 4-5 normal approaches and some more half-hearted ones. All of them failed, only one girl I noticed that she came very close to my face and gave me EC but I messed it up because I jokingly told her that I love her and want to marry her and she seemed creeped out and left haha. I think I would have got that makeout had I been more calibrated. All in all my nightgame sucked, I guess my conversational game in more quiet environments is far superior to my physical game in clubs.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Saturday night yesterday... Clubbing again... Even though I was having fun, I was feeling like shit, didn't want to approach at all. I opened some people but as usual for a club some of them completely ignored me and that made things even worse. By the time I saw a couple of very cute girls I was so much in my head that couldn't approach. I believe I have passed the number of 100 approaches these weeks and still my AA hasn't improved at the slightest. My only problem is making the 1st move, after that I can take the interaction forward with no stress.

Anyway, we were exploring one of those chill-out rooms which was almost empty and my buddy spotted 2 girls sitting on a table, he probably made EC with them and waved hi from far and they signalled us to go over there. We met them, he engaged the cuter one and I the not so cute one and there was no chance that I would chase this girl so I just remained disinterested. It kind of worked like magic, she got into a big investment loop trying to get my attention and after a while was giving me very obvious signal she was standing so close that our bodies were in touch and our faces very close. I still was kinda on the fence about her, wasn't sure she was attractive enough (wtf brain??? you can worry about that when you can consistently pull hotties).

Then her friend grabbed her and they left. I felt bad for not making out with her so I decided to re-engage her if we stumbled accross them again. About an hour later they walked past us, I just waved her to come over, she did, grabbed her by the hips, danced a few seconds and then kissed her. What do you know, the less attractive girl was by far the best kisser I've met. She was just kissing so softly at the beginning to find a pace and then she just attacked me. First time I experience what Chase describes as a girl really getting into it and trying to eat you lol felt great.

Then things started to get hot, I was rubbing her on top of the clothes and she was pressing against my hard on, I told her to get out of there but told me she wants to have sex with me but she can't leave her friend because they need to get a ride back together. Then the club closed and we split, she took my number and texted me where I live and if they could come over with the friend. I am writing this so that you can hold me accountable and mock me. I told her that she could, but my flatmate doesn't want guests over in the living room (true) and it would be a problem for her friend. WTF? I practically refused sex so as not to annoy my flatmate. Don't know what was going through my mind, I guess having 2 people I barely know to my new house with a new flatmate felt kinda dodgy but this isn't even an excuse. Disappointing lack of action on my part...

What I have noticed that goes against the norm, is that after I have been successful with a girl, like making out, I can't employ momentum to go into pickup mode. I simply can't. I feel kinda validated and can't even be bothered to talk to people any more. Yesterday when I left the club I just felt like taking a quite journey home and not speaking with anyone. Maybe that's a sing that I am an introvert and I need social breaks?

Anyway, this week ends with 3 make outs (no sex though), when 3 months ago I had barely kissed a girl. Feels pretty damn good. I will lay low for a few days because I am starting work, but hope to pimp it again on the weekend, or find the courage to do some everyday life approaches like at the grocery store.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
After a tiresome week I got out yesterday, went clubbing with a lot of people which was awkward as fuck they were just standing in a circle not talking and not dancing. I ended up grabbing one of these people who I am friends with and we ditched them and got lost in the crowdy club. I did a couple of approaches, which went nowhere, instead of keep persisting I got in my head. Towards the end of the night a girl pushed me accidentally and she turned around to apologise and I engaged her. She seemed pretty receptive but couldn't hear anything of what I was saying. My physical game is probably pure shit, if I was able to hold a conversation I am certain I could make progress with her. My buddy who has no game, went to a girl without saying anything and started dancing with her reluctantly at the beginning and then she started grinding on him. It's interesting to see the perspective of an outsider of the game.

Today I went out in the city centre to buy a few things, motivated(initially) to try daygame, but even though I set a goal of talking to just one girl otherwise I couldn't go home, it was just impossible. Too much exposure during daytime. Felt very bad afterwards and the worst is I have read every article on AA there is. I know I have to force it but it is too much at times. Tonight I will go out again, if I end up in a club I will set a goal of at least 15 rejections otherwise there won't be any progress.

*Just remembered to add something funny. When my buddy started dancing with that chick, I tried to dance with her friend to keep her occupied and give them space but she was so boring and unattractive that it was just awkward. Then I decided to be a complete asshole (refreshing change) and told the friend to come with me to the bar so that we could get a drink. She looked confused and I just persisted and she started following me lol with me literally paying NO attention to her. I stand at the queue at the bar to order and kept my back at her lol then after some time I asked her if she would drink anything, she told me "whatever" haha poor girl must have thought that I would buy her a drink. I got a glass of water just for me and then told her that I am going upstairs if she wants to come but by then she knew better and she left. Felt kinda bad for dragging her around but this is exactly what I did it, to overcome these nice traits.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Exactly the same night yesterday, clubbing, fun, 3-4 half approaches and no results. I feel like I am going backwards instead of forward. Missed 2 semi solid approach invitations because I am a pussy. Also I messed up when I talked to a girl which responded with smiles and seemed attracted, but when she told me that she has to stick to her friends I let her go and she touched my chest when she left. I should have acted quicker and decisively and kept her there or re-engage her later.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hmm it's been a while since I last updated my journal. Not surprising since I have made virtually no progress.

On Friday I went out to a social event, met a few new people and I noticed something interesting. I was talking to a girl that I'd met earlier with the intention of asking her out but it was difficult because she was surrounded by friends and new people so it was difficult to be discreet AND to keep her attention focused.

Then out of nowhere, a muscular short but good looking guy infiltrated the group out of nowhere, introduced himself, positioned himself right next to the girl I was talking to and quite obviously started to game her, I couldn't hear what they were saying but it was so obvious from his body language. He had like a half smile constantly on his face and even though he was definitely charismatic I don't think he had any practiced game because he just showered her with interest, leaning and stuff like that, but he might have been something close to a natural. I wanted to meet him and chat with him to see what he's about but I just didn't, not sure why, maybe I felt outgamed or intimidated by him. In any case, quite interesting, I had never been cockblocked by a guy before.

Yesterday I went to a house party, quite pleased with the fact that I felt comfortable enough to walk around and chat with strangers, would never do something like that pro-chase era. I found 2 girls that were constantly together (best friends or whatever), and I aggresively teased the attractive one in plain confronting manner and I think I handled it quite well, I would spike her emotions, she would leave apparently angry or insulted and then after a few minutes she would come back and reengage me lol. But after than that I dropped the ball, I should have asked her to go out to chill when her emotions were high, but then I waited and we moved places and her unattractive friend started subtly hitting on me so I left them alone. When I met them later at a club all my game was gone. I just handled her like a chode, tried to dance with her and then kiss her but she wouldn't even keep eye contact with me. It was funny because I remembered again after a few months how it feels to not have a plan about interactions with girls and going with the flow, so ineffective and stupid. Strange thing is that she added me on FB today so she might have so drunk that she didn't even understand that I hit on her.

Today I went to a date with the girl from the previous FR+ "18 year old hottie has to leave". After she declined my plans for a date twice and I left the ball in her court she texted me after a week to go out for a coffee or lunch. I tried to get her to my place to cook, then she suggested going to the city centre so she can combine it with a chore (arrgghh she drives a hard bargain for an 18 year old). I didn't comply and countered offered to settle for a middle distance but still it was a date outside. Maybe I should have played high risk and pushed for my house but I want to lay this girl so I might have to play it slowly.

If you look at the date from a normal guy perspective it was great since we ate and then went for a walk in the park, in total about 3.5 hours just talking about everything without any awkwardness and very comfortable with each other. But to be honest since I am trying to get girls quickly and efficiently it felt a little pointless. When she left I just kissed her lightly and I will try to lay her on the next date. I think it will be a good experience to see how the usual procedure for guy and girl having sex goes, since my first and only lay has been from cold approach. I think I don't have any emotional investment and even if it comes up I will be able to keep it under control, actually I had already forgotten about her when she didn't message me for a week.

Future work: It is obvious now that I have been avoiding any cold approach practice, so there is need for a change. Even nightgame which was bearable for me, the past days has been terrible or non existent. And given that my goal is becoming good at daygame which for me is much harder, at least now, I need to set a different course. I concluded that I haven't been studying pickup lately, just practiced it, so now I think I need to get back to the theory for a brief time. I will re-read Chase's book and I will find the motivation to start "fresh" with actual goals, even small ones at first.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
2 days ago I went out on a "date" with a girl who beforehand had told me that she had a boyfriend and we could only go out as friends. I decided to go out for the hell of it and I am very glad that I did. We went to a society party full of people (and girls) and I first hand observed what pre-selection means. I opened a few girls that were standing near us and just by the fact that I was with another girl their guards were immediately down at least as far as socializing goes, since didn't push for a number. It got better later when I was flirting with my "date" and we bubbled a little, I got some huge stares from girls nearby. I could see them in my peripherals looking at me, because I was obviously offering good emotions to the other girl.

As far as the "date" goes, It was awkward at the beginning because it was too loud, then figured out how to communicate better and the peak was when I touched on some sexual subjects, she got very intrigued. I didn't touch her much though, which is bad. Then when we wanted to leave, I just told her to come to my place for a drink, she was like "You know that I have a boyfriend right? " and then I said yeah and she was like "OK let's go". LOL I didn't even offer her something substantial like a movie or wine, just a general suggestion for a drink (I only have water and milk in my fridge). I decided to interpret is as escalation window, then at my place we started talking and I would position myself closer and closer to her and then she told me that she is not comfortable with people that close to her. I saw the failure but 5 min later I decided to go for the kiss just for the reference and she seemed insulted she was like "I told you I have a boyfriend you have to respect that" . But I played it very cool and changed subject immediately and a few minutes later I implied that she should leave.

I decided to make a move based on 2 facts: First, she ditched a house party with her best friend to go out with me !!!! and also accepted my not at all exciting invitation to my place. Apparently she truly wasn't interested in me as a lover, even though I can't rule out that I screwed up somewhere or missed a cue. I will text her again though just to see if she is an option as a friend because I want to make female friends and get them out with me for preselection.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
A bit of nightgame yesterday, did at least one solid approach instead of the usual half-assed ones, so I am happy for it even though I think I missed 2 approach invitations. We were clubbing and 2 friends positioned themselves opposite us but facing us and as soon as I locked eyes with one of them I instictively extended my arm to her and dragged her over. It's awesome that game practice has given me the reflexes to do that, felt great. I dragged her in and we talked some bullshit, it was perfectly clear that I could kiss her relatively quickly but she just needed a bit more work, but she couldn't hear what I was saying.

Then I dropped the fucking ball, I told her to come with me for 2 minutes and she said ok but instead of grabbing her hand I assumed that she would follow me, and then when I turned back she was waiting there and it clicked me that she must have heard that I will be back in 2 minutes that's why she was waiting. In any case it was too late because another dude had already approached her!! In retrospective I should have gone over and physically pick her up it would be very funny even if she had already lost interest. Something that wasn't helpful was my flatmate standing next to us and noticing my every move, I guess social pressure still gets a lot to me.

Then he tried to give me advice, to which I couldn't help but burst to laughter, to hear a guy that has probably never cold approach say "It's easy man you just dance with her and then at some point you kiss her" . This made me realize that I need to find cool people to hang out with. People that are interested in improving themselves instead of staying in watching fucking Netflix. If they are good at game even better. No idea how I can find such people but now it's clear to me, since I can't go out alone I have to surround myself with people who are going to make me step up.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Interesting things yesterday, went to a social-work circle house party which of course was very lame. But, I saw a hot girl there that we'd met previously at work and I knew that she was at least slightly interested. I started gaming her and oh my god was it easy... I just used conversation baits to get her going and she kept talking and talking (and qualifying herself). She also tried to make me compliment her to which I gave very diplomatic answers. I could have handled better the part when she talked about sex and relationships, I made it too logical instead of playful. I also accidentally led her to say that she is looking for a relationship which I am not. Another bad thing is that she told me that I am too serious, which I hadn't heard in a few months, thinking that I corrected it.

It's probably the best bubble I ever created, we talked standing for about an hour in the middle of the room with everyone staring at us and we had no idea what was going on around. It was very interesting for me to watch her body language as she would constantly move around for example face away from me, then giving me full body attention, then looking at me with arms crossed and so on and I was just standing there immobile like ice. The problem was that I was stressed and nervous which doesn't happen usually (or to that extent) and that was fucking with my decision making. I couldn't decide if I should try to pull her there or take her out later. Deciding that she would decline, being in front of everyone who knows us, I just grabbed her number and arranged a date. Thinking about it I am pretty sure she was horny (she was definetely excited) and just for the reference I should have tried then and there with some bullshit excuse for food or whatever. Anyway, I will try to get her out and try to disqualify myself from a boyfriend role.

journeyman

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
The social circle girl gave me the "I sorry am so tired I just want to sleep" excuse when I texted to confirm the date, without offering another day. I guess I have to next her. The only thing that makes sense is that I missed an escalation window that night and she went cold otherwise I can't believe that she wasn't interested in the first place.

>