FORUM UPGRADE: Help us pick the new forum logo

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Hey gents,

As you may (or may not?) know, we're kicking off 2019 with an upgrade for the Girls Chase Boards.

The Boards are getting their own URL (at https://www.skilledseducer.com/ -- nothing there yet), a new theme, and a new, more powerful forum software.

Right now, we've had a bunch of logo ideas put together by our talented logo designer, Novita. What I need from YOU is to know which one you like best -- this is a logo you'll be seeing everyday (or however often you're on the boards) once the new theme / URL hit the site.

SS1x.jpg

SS2x.jpg

SS3x.jpg

SS4x.jpg

SS5ix.jpg

SS6ix.jpg

SS7ix.jpg

Which one's the best look for the new logo?

Let me know your thoughts and help me narrow it down!

Chase

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
As you may (or may not?) know, we're kicking off 2019 with an upgrade for the Girls Chase Boards.

The Boards are getting their own URL (at https://www.skilledseducer.com/ -- nothing there yet), a new theme, and a new, more powerful forum software.
Hell yeah. Much appreciated Chase. I'm sure it'll turn out great.

What I need from YOU is to know which one you like best -- this is a logo you'll be seeing everyday (or however often you're on the boards) once the new theme / URL hit the site.
I like #3 the best because of how it guides the eyes.

Pimp surrounded by women (one leaning interested, one touching him, the boss bitch posing on the right --> aesthetically looks cool)
v
Skilled Seducer (What am I looking at? --> the forum logo)
v
Get Skilled, Get Girls (What is Skilled Seducer about? --> getting girls)

Think the red on white with all of em looks good too.

Hue

Mr.Rob

Modern Human
Modern Human
#3 and #5

How come the namebrand change? Is skilled seducer another product or literally just the forum?

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I'd prefer a setup that allows members, or at least me, to browse more comfortably, i.e. without worrying if someone is looking over my shoulder (as an example, you'd never know what the RSD forum is about from a distance)!

None of these are exactly SFW... but if I had to choose between those, I guess that would be option #3?

@ new brand

I'm curious as well. What will change? Why detach it from the Girls Chase brand? I think the link it's the #1 reason as for why the culture is the way it is (easily the best among all forums I lurked/participated).

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Thanks fellas. Seems like #3 is most guys' favorite so far.

@ Mr. Rob-

Giving it its own domain name, I wanted the forum to have a name that would be a.) easy to remember, b.) catchy, and c.) something new people stumbling across it would instantly 'get'. I think the rebrand to 'Skilled Seducer' does that better than 'Girls Chase Boards' or 'Girls Chase Forum'.

I modeled a lot of how this place works off the original Fast Seduction forum. Wanted a quick, catchy, descriptive name like that. No new product (just the forum).

@ BD-

Noted on work-friendly design. Having a big logo in the middle of the screen would take up a lot of screen space too, so maybe what we'll do is stick it in the corner like most forums.

Or we might do two versions of the theme... one a "work-safe" version without logos or icons.

We were very careful when rolling out the Boards in late 2012 to get the culture right. Brought in a core of early members, worked with them closely, then opened the Boards up to a more general audience.

We're still going to have lots of links to stuff on Girls Chase throughout the Skilled Seducer forum. It'll still feature semi-prominently. I haven't figured out exactly how that'll look yet, since I typically need to see a thing so I can play around with it and see how I want it to look first. But we'll have GC featured on there prominently somehow.

One of the reasons I've wanted to spin it off for sometime is because I think it'll attract more members more easily as separate rather than attached. I also think at this point the forum is mature enough that it can maintain its culture if there are more new people coming in, including some unfamiliar with GC. I'll probably have something on there we can point guys to if we get the "What is Girls Chase? Why should I care about this on a forum called 'Skilled Seducer'?" critique (which is effectively a culture challenge -- "Why should we stick with your old culture? Why should we not switch to the way I want to do things, which is superior?"). So long as we can keep the culture strong, more members is a good thing. Franco and I will still be the mods, and we'll still moderate it the same way we have (folks not following the rules get the boot).

Another reason to make the GC Boards more independent is to fill a market need... with the fall of Fast Seduction and the decline of the other independent boards there hasn't been a good non-company forum out there. We've always tried to treat the GC Boards as independent-ish (guys can talk about other methods on here; we don't insist they stick with GC dogma; etc.)... we'll keep this exactly the same on SS, but it'll be more palatable to the independent guys who don't want to post on a company board (there are a lot of guys like this).

We're extremely focused on keeping everything consistent.

Management isn't changing (same guys). Philosophy isn't changing. Culture isn't changing. Just name, URL, and look, plus some new functionalities guys have requested over the years and Franco and Alek agree we should have.

Nevertheless, I'm going to treat the rollout the same way I treated the 2012 premiere, with a very strong early emphasis on culture. Just to make sure the ship is steady after we splash it down into some new waters.

Chase

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
I might be the only guy that feels this way but does anyone else feel like "seducer" kind of feels a bit, well....outdated? Maybe my experience has shaped me in recent months but I find so many places claiming to teach men "seduction" to be a bit too forward or try-hard. It could be too late for it to really matter but from a lot of the guys I have talked to who do well out there, just the term "seduction" or "seducer" comes off as a bit cringey. I think that while GC is about seduction, it is also more than that as well. Why not go with something that is a bit less forward, keep Girlschase or go with something that emphasizes we're about making men alphas and the best version of themselves so they can do good in game rather than us making them into these seducers with all of those tactics.

Over the years I found that creating a genuinely better version of you takes you way farther than just learning game, its the difference between a natural and a PUA. Why not something like Alpha Lifestyle or The Natural or Breeding Naturals. Something that says we are about teaching men to be the best version of themselves than just being seducers. Now I understand seduction is about more than just seducing women in your eyes Chase but to some outsiders, it could come off as a try-hard version of a PUA forum.

People didn't leave PUA because game became obsolete, people left it because they realized looks, status, social skills and other things mattered and guys like Mystery were coming off as a bit clownish.

I might have been out of the loop for too long but this has been my experience.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
A main theme along the lines of self development forum for men would resonate with me personally better, but I realize that would probably be with another dating company. Anyways, doesn't it bother you that Skilled Seducer rhymes well with the popular video game, Super Seducer? Maybe you want to come up with a more distinguishable branding. The logos look mostly identical to me. I can get used to any of them.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Lucky numba 7. Plus it looks like the current logo as well.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Idk I would feel kind of weird being on here in public. No offense of course, but I like to keep this stuff as private as possible, I only use gc when I'm at home or in a bathroom if I'm out.

Big Daddy said:
I'd prefer a setup that allows members, or at least me, to browse more comfortably, i.e. without worrying if someone is looking over my shoulder (as an example, you'd never know what the RSD forum is about from a distance)!

None of these are exactly SFW... but if I had to choose between those, I guess that would be option #3?

@ new brand

I'm curious as well. What will change? Why detach it from the Girls Chase brand? I think the link it's the #1 reason as for why the culture is the way it is (easily the best among all forums I lurked/participated).

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
In case you need more help deciding. I like the images when he's already in between women, the other ones where he's standing far away makes it look like he's thinking of approaching. The others are where we want to be, we don't want to be in the background checkin women out; we want to be right in the middle of them lookin like pimps!!

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sub-Zero said:
Idk I would feel kind of weird being on here in public. No offense of course, but I like to keep this stuff as private as possible, I only use gc when I'm at home or in a bathroom if I'm out.
This is a good point! I second it.

Will KZ

Space Monkey
space monkey
I like #1, the guy is above the girls, like he's slowly deciding which one will be his, or all 3? #6 second choice

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Looks like #3 in the lead with 4 votes, #6 and #7 tied for second with 3 votes each. Seems like more guys like the guy with two girls than one of the three-girl logos? That was actually my preference as well. Thought it looked more intimate, like he was already deeper into the seduction. Three girls looks more like he's just approached to me.

@Oh Pry-

Yeah, maybe... the challenge is what are you going to replace it with?

"Casanova" and "Don Juan" are kind of cheesy. "Lothario" is kind of sleazy. "Pick Up Artist" jumped the shark when Mystery launched his VH1 show. If you name the website "Skilled Guy Who Does Well With Women" it's too hard to remember and not catchy, and if you call it "Skilled Dater" it lacks punch. "Lover" sounds like it's about being good in bed. "Playboy" sounds like it's only for frat bros who want to shag party chicks. "Player" sounds like it's for cool guys from the hood who want to pimp bitches. "Womanizer" sounds negative. "Seducer" is very slightly dated, but I can't find anything else that captures the essence of what the forum's about that also sounds cooler.

Good thing about names though is as people use them, they change the meaning. I think "Seducer" is the closest of all these names to being easily reclaimable. So if we have a good board with cool guys that is reasonably popular, we may reclaim the name a bit and infuse it with more cool factor.

@Space-

I understand, but then it's also vaguer. Very important for me to keep this place focused. If someone asked me "Hey Chase, what is Ask Men about?" or "What's Art of Manliness about?" I couldn't tell you... something something being a man. I know there are a lot of guys who like those sites -- they have more traffic than we do. But I also feel like they're more for entertainment than they are for actual self-improvement. I also want to avoid us trying to be everything to everybody... if you want body-building advice you to go a body-building forum. If you want make-money advice you go to a make-money forum. If you want to get laid or get a girlfriend you go to Girls Chase / Skilled Seducer. Etc.

As for any nearness in name to "Super Seducer"... no, not worried about that. I think they're releasing a second one soon (or have already)? This forum will still be online in 10 years, and I doubt Richard will have Super Seducer 8 out by then or that many people will still be playing the game. Most games fade from the collective memory rather fast. And we have a very different look from that game.

==

Thank you for the feedback so far, gents!

Anyone else, if you haven't weighed in and have a preference, please do let me know.

Chase

Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Sub-Zero said:

How my suggestion would not make your life better, then? The way I see it, you feel exactly like I do, and I feel most members are like us. Especially if the name is changing to something more "in your face" such as Skilled Seducer.

If it was a discreet layout (most of these forum software have a boring default layout on mobile especially -- they strip the images, logos and such to load faster) you could browse it on the subway and possibly get an uptick in forum engagement. I try to only browse GC privately to the most of my ability, but even then there have been episodes where I wondered if someone I know had seen the logo/name of the forum.

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I do agree with your suggestion, but I don't know what Chase will do with the site. But I don't use the site unless I know no one is around at all, I even do this with other forums I'm on.

Yeah I try to be on here in private as much as I can because worrying about if someone can see you're on a website about getting girls would not be a good feeling to have.

I'm all for it, but I have no idea how Chase would do it.

And you could still see the Web page address as well.

This forum doesn't scream girls chase and the forum now is kinda low-key , but I still rather be private with this.

Big Daddy said:
Sub-Zero said:

How my suggestion would not make your life better, then? The way I see it, you feel exactly like I do, and I feel most members are like us. Especially if the name is changing to something more "in your face" such as Skilled Seducer.

If it was a discreet layout (most of these forum software have a boring default layout on mobile especially -- they strip the images, logos and such to load faster) you could browse it on the subway and possibly get an uptick in forum engagement. I try to only browse GC privately to the most of my ability, but even then there have been episodes where I wondered if someone I know had seen the logo/name of the forum.

Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Perhaps there's a way to keep this forum as is, and then have the new one as well?

Even so, this forum and the new one could all contain the same threads etc assuming all of this here gets copied over, and then keep this one as low key domain name, low key colours/layout, and the new one can be bright and flashy and they can both have all the exact same topics so you post here it also gets posted there, something like that if that's possible. I don't know if that's too much workload though for Chase etc.

>