I'm confused: Which is the >real< introductory course of Girls Chase's 4 offers?

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
First. There is the 7-day Mini Course you can sign up for at the bottom of every Girls Chase article if I'm not mistaken as a pop-up on the bottom of the screen.

Second. From here.
Michal said:
Chase created an assessment quiz about a year ago, it is on the front page, in the header of the website, in a popup, you cannot miss it. You answer 10 questions and based on that, it roughly assess your skill level with women and provides you with an e-book. It has like 40 pages I think with links to specific articles which should help you get to the next level.

The quiz!

Now I took the quiz about 6 months ago multiple times and I got to level 3 of 4. I took the quiz just now once and I got to level 3 of 4. Now with the caveat that Mark Manson's honesty stuff influences me in deeper levels and on many questions I simply think this is the wrong question to ask, my mind isn't wired this way, you should approach this topic from a different perspective. Either way, I don't feel myself that ace and Chase wrote in the comments under that post that he plans to tweak the quiz to be more accurate. I'm not sure if it has happened. Chase, how about throwing in a question about the quiz taker's logistics?

And there are third and fourth ways you can start with Girls Chase, I'm not telling you about these, now let it be your job to find them, in case you are interested. What I want to point to is that Girls Chase has been around for a while and I find it perfectly fine that at various times in its existence Chase had different ideas what the one, main free introductory product should be. But as there is no time stamp on anything Girls Chase, it's not straightforward which of the 4 introductory courses is the latest and greatest, the one for the others are probably should be scraped by now to avoid the confusion.

All in all, I suggest 3 of these "Start Here!" offerings to better be scraped, the one remaining to be perfected or updated - and exclusively marketed as the main free product. Right?

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Re: I'm confused: Which is the >real< introductory course of Girls Chase's 4 off

Thanks Space, and I agree. It is confusing for new users.

We will hopefully have the new index functionality for Girls Chase ready soon. This features a much-enhanced search that lets visitors search both the main site and the forum from the main page. Then we'll roll out tracks (discussion from a year ago here). We had a change in developers a while back that's slowed things down a bit. At present we're supposed to have the index + search ready by late December (according to our dev).

Once tracks is up, I may kill the quiz. Or at least deprioritize it. Since guys will be using tracks instead. The index + tracks will make navigation much, much easier.

We do need to make it much clearer what the introductory course should be. Probably the mini course.

I appreciate the outside perspective. I'll have a think about making everything a lot more condensed / fewer conflicting/confusing offers.

Possibly we should boil it down to just one thing getting all the emphasis on the site.

Chase

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Re: I'm confused: Which is the >real< introductory course of Girls Chase's 4 off

Hey Chase,

While we are talking about this, I believe the real gems in Girls Chase are all these articles where you introduced all the basic concepts. From the top of my head:

• Move faster
  • Simplify your dates
  • Have your logistics ready
  • Value
  • Attainability
  • Compliance
  • Sprezzatura and your 4 quadrants "efforts vs results"
  • Lover vs Provider
  • Fundamentals
  • Even the "evolutionary" articles - I know you don't like it much as "un-provable (pseudo) science", but as long as it provides a useful map to understand what's going on in the real world, it is still helpful
  • Etc...
Sorry for not being detailed nor exhaustive. But I believe you wrote on these topics mostly between 2010 and 2012. You know, where you introduced the basics. I am sure you see the articles I'm talking about. It's been a while since I read them so I forgot the exact titles.

There should be an easy way to access these basic, core articles, a must read for everyone.

Cheers,
Seppuku

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Cheers Seppuku. I agree & you are right, those need to be featured a lot more prominently.

Some of them are in the sidebar on desktop. But that's kind of buried on mobile (and more and more folks on mobile these days). And it's not so clear on the sidebar which are basics / must reads.

I think this'll get way, way easier and more intuitive once we have tracks rolled out. We can very easily have a "Basics (Start Here!)" section, and guys can just click on that and read through all the articles listed for beginner readers.

On the old Fast Seduction forum they used to have a free book called "The Player's Guide" which introduced new visitors to the site to all the core concepts of the FS pickup community. Probably I should put together a free book like this for guys to download as soon as they hit the site.

Actually, I definitely should.

Will see if I can get this done relatively soon, to tide us over before MD's finished coding up the article tracks.

Chase

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

I just noticed I didn't reply to this. Mea culpa. As Chase you didn't mention in your roadmap to supersede the 7-day Mini Course. This might sound like a first world problem, but it isn't. Even though I joined this place last August, I still didn't go through the 7-day Mini Course properly (as I should have?) for these reasons:

• Mostly because it consists of PDF documents unconveniently formatted not to be viewed on a mobile device under any circumstance. I'm just unable to be immersed in any learning material on my computer. Maybe it's not so unreasonably that people in this day and age want to use their mobile devices (such as large phones, tablets, maybe e-readers) to be immersed into something they want to learn. I mean there is so much other material around, I simply wasn't desperate enough yet to resort to read these PDFs on my computer when there is so much other free - and good! - information out there in much more easily accessible, immersive formats, such as video 'manifestos' on YouTube.
  • Anyway, skimming through the PDFs I've found them to be less directly actionable to my situation and more full of links to click to this article and that article, which articles in turn containing even more links to click on even more articles. Which totally ruins the experience to me. So much so that I had to write a separate essay about it.
  • The videos also aren't downloadable to my device for whatever reason though I mostly watched them and the above points apply. Less actionable to my situation than some of those Manifesto videos on YouTube, more like just little snippets of information.
We wrote elsewhere:

Chase said:
Man, that is a bother. Usually we get guys who ping us on these thing or ping me personally and point them out if they catch them. We've had, what, I dunno... 10,000 guys go through the Mini Course at this point?
Space said:
I'm curious how did you come to the number 10,000 guys go through the Mini Course at this point? If 10,000 guys clicked through the links it means a tiny portion of them did probably take any action. Or a larger number of guys clicked through the links and you concluded that 10,000 is a fair number that probably took action from that larger pool? Fair enough.
You might think that I'm overly pedantic about this, but I don't see it that way. I'm truly curious about this in the sense of learning objectives: What does it mean a person is going through the course? Just clicking on the links? As with most self-learning materials, most people don't take any action. I've only skimmed the material, but I haven't seen any exercises or really, something more actionable. And the philosopihhical part is, how can you get through a course of which, at the time of writing, the video wasn't even properly uploaded - and it was like that for years. :)

>