Got rejected by a girl working at the counter. Need feedback

razir110

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hi, so there is really cute girl working at the counter in a coffee shop next to where I work. I use to go there to grab coffee. At first we didn't talk much, there were several situations when I could have talked to her but didn't and there was just silence while she was attending me. This lasted for about 2 months.

A few days ago I walked in the store with a trolley (I was going on leave) and she asked where I was going, so we spoke fora bit and I left. Today I walked in and she asked how my weekend away was, we spoke for a few secs and I asked told her we should have a coffee and asked when she was free. She told she was busy after work all the time, etc so I get this a rejection.

So my take:

-I should have started to build up interaction with her earlier, I had the chance but didn't take it, probably I was perceived as non powerful by her for not moving. On the other hand it's hard to talk to someone with clients waiting in queue, etc, still should have moved earlier.
-I just asked her out right there.. With clients and her boss next to her. Maybe too direct? Should I have asked if she wanted to meet for a few minutes during her break to talk a bit, or something like that? Again, if she were into me, I guess she would have no problems to schedule with me (or would she?) Also I went from almost no interaction to asking her out very fast, so probably too sudden.

Finally, is it worth asking her for a brief meet during her break, sort of insisting, or it's a dead case?

Feedback welcome!

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
razir110-

Welcome back! As a disclaimer I have no clue about American culture (The 3 Principal Types Of Game) but I have some experience gaming shop assistants and hostesses in Europe. Heck, I just did it today. By your description I concluded that I'm always more direct and polarizing making it clear my interest is male to female outside her work duties. Sometimes I get a polite 'no' but as far as I recall more often not. I didn't do the statistics. I have to say I have a lot of these interactions in progress as I respect these girls have a limited time. Similarly than in the old days sailors had girls in every port as they say and I just don't visit all my ports often enough, LOL. Do I really like all these shop assistants and hostesses or just relatively? It's an important question: Fuck Yes or No.

60 Years of Challenge says you should always escalate 'til the end. Yeah. You didn't go all the way through she rejected you by my definition. You just took it as a rejection - your words. On the other hand I understand that you live in a dangerous country when it comes to male-female interactions. Take care!

naturalmikey

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
since she's behind the counter there's no real way for any physicality at all. i like to micro escalate by creating tension with proximity and getting her to break the tension by touching me. you can also go pressure on by being in her space and making strong eye contact. then go pressure off by turning your body language away and breaking intense eye contact. if you can communicate something with a look (a look of disproval is the easiest look to give) sometimes you don't have to say anything. like ask her her age and whatever it is give a look of disproval and force her to respond and break the tension.

at the end of the day she might just not like the way you look too. it's not always your game. just get the fundamentals down, get frames down, and just put yourself out there. some girls are going to respond. they will continually get hotter too. you really do level up.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
I had something similar back in college. She accepted, then flaked later. I got another date for the event and lived happily ever after.

Just accept that not all women will accept your offer and move on with your life.

I've been propositioned by a customer as well. If I really liked how she looked I would have accepted...

>