Is it weird if?

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
I say to a new waitress at work, "are you part Russian/do you have Russian heritage?" "Becuae you have that beauty."

She new, we only see each other when I work weekends behind the bar. I introduced myself last weekend when I met her for the first time. She didn't say anything to me despite working in close proximity for like the first two hours of my shift. So I introduced myself. We had a brief chat.

zappbrannigan

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ohdude said:
I say to a new waitress at work, "are you part Russian/do you have Russian heritage?" "Becuae you have that beauty."

She new, we only see each other when I work weekends behind the bar. I introduced myself last weekend when I met her for the first time. She didn't say anything to me despite working in close proximity for like the first two hours of my shift. So I introduced myself. We had a brief chat.

The question itself is fine and a clear indication you're interested. But it might get awkward if she's not interested, and it sounds like she might not be, given that she's been avoiding you until you initiated a conversation. It's often recommended not to date co-workers because of the awkwardness.

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
I didn't say anything to her on today's shift and now she has insisted chat: asking me how I am. Good sign of interest?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
instead of asking a Yes/no question, ask he a prompt..."So tell me about your heritage?" Let her tell you about her family and origins.

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fuck This said:
instead of asking a Yes/no question, ask he a prompt..."So tell me about your heritage?" Let her tell you about her family and origins.

I hit her with the are you part Russian and expanded to enquire if she is Easter European. She was flattered while the guy I was sat with when I made the comment said, "you smooth operator" I dont know if that was a faux par on his part or mine for saying it in front of him to her.

We've since kept a cool vibe, although she smiled a me beautifully and lengthily.

Oh and a guy who works in the kitchen said, when somone asked her what kind of men she goes for, she said "blonde guys and big black guys."

I'm tall and black so... half a tick.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
if a guy says you are smooth he is usually sincere. when it comes to deep diving girls, I like asking open ended questions.

Instead of "Where do you live" I ask "where do you call "home""

Instead of "what do you like to do?" I ask , "If you were to become famous for one thing, what would it be or what would you like it to be?"

Instead of "Do you have any brothers or sisters" i say "Tell me about your family"

This gives a confident woman an opportunity to qualify herself to me in what she thinks is an attractive manner. It tells me a lot about her values.

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
Fuck This said:
if a guy says you are smooth he is usually sincere. when it comes to deep diving girls, I like asking open ended questions.

Instead of "what do you like to do?" I ask , "If you were to become famous for one thing, what would it be or what would you like it to be?"

Instead of "Do you have any brothers or sisters" i say "Tell me about your family"

This gives a confident woman an opportunity to qualify herself to me in what she thinks is an attractive manner. It tells me a lot about her values.

So I asked her the fame questiom and she said after some thought, "I dont know, what about you?" And I mentioned a few other answers that I had got previously without directly answering her question.

I'm tempted to message her, tell her my answer on facebook messenger and ask her again.

What's a good answer? Or is this personal to me?

ShampooMonk

Space Monkey
space monkey
Ohdude said:
Fuck This said:

So I asked her the fame questiom and she said after some thought, "I dont know, what about you?" And I mentioned a few other answers that I had got previously without directly answering her question.

I'm tempted to message her, tell her my answer on facebook messenger and ask her again.

Sorry, dude don't do that.

What I've learned from talking to girls via messenger, texting, and other social media platforms, it doesn't end well. They could talk to you for hours, but then you're just gonna be relegated to the friend zone.

See her in person, and ask her that question.

If she says she doesn't know, then ask her what her dream job would be like. I don't like the fame question, because it makes her think hard. Give her options to make it easier for her to broach the topic. What if she had a rough day and her mental process is working as well? Or she just got caught off-guard?

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
Thanks man.

I'm learning so much on here, I've got a lot to improve on.

Ohdude

Space Monkey
space monkey
ShampooMonk said:
Ohdude said:
Fuck This said:

Sorry, dude don't do that.

What I've learned from talking to girls via messenger, texting, and other social media platforms, it doesn't end well. They could talk to you for hours, but then you're just gonna be relegated to the friend zone.

See her in person, and ask her that question.

If she says she doesn't know, then ask her what her dream job would be like. I don't like the fame question, because it makes her think hard. Give her options to make it easier for her to broach the topic. What if she had a rough day and her mental process is working as well? Or she just got caught off-guard?

So I asked her what her dream job is and she said "I don't know, it's hard so I'll have to think about it." She says it in a very matter of fact way while looking absolutely flustered and slightly aroused.

Before that myself and colleague were chatting in the kitchen at work and she popped in to dump some plates. She momentarily placed herself in front of me, looked at me and then walked out the kitchen without saying anythimg. Was she trying to join in the conversation?

Argh this chick is off and on.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Don't sweat it if you don't include her in EVERY conversation. Don't exclude her but don't engage her everytime unless you have something specific that she will add value with. If she wants to be part of the group conversation she needs to bring something to the table...

>