FORUM UPGRADE ETA: New Forum Premieres Later in May

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
Howdy fellas,

A few updates on the upcoming forum upgrade.

Thanks to everyone's help on the new forum logo thread, we settled on the "hands in pocket" logo.

Our developer who was managing the forum upgrade had an accident with his server and lost the upgrade work, then went off on a family trip and did not return. I imagine he is carving his way through the jungles of India with a machete, his family behind him, in search of some lost Indian treasure city long since swallowed up by the forest. Either that or he found some other project he liked better than the forum upgrade and just never reported back to work.

ANYWAY! We've got a new dev named Haseeb who is very fast and good, and he has been blazing through the upgrade. Most of the functionality we want now is in place, and we are tweaking a few last things.

I have a design contest running for the theme for the new forum. Once that's ready, Haseeb will then code it up, and we should be good to launch. He leaves for a vacation on May 22nd -- so it's our aim now to have this done and launched before then.

NEW FUNCTIONALITY

Here's some of the new functionality you will see on the new Skilled Seducer Forum (the rename for the Girls Chase Boards):

• Chat: Alek Rolstad has particularly pushed for a chat; it's something he very much wants and thinks will be good for the forum. So we're going to set this up. I had some concerns before about how we'd moderate a chat, but Alek thinks we should be okay with the current crew of moderators and most people behave fine in chats (I don't use chat, so I really have no idea what goes on in a chat aside from what people tell me). So we're setting this up.
  • Liking: you'll be able to like posts in the new forum. This'll make it easier to tell which posts a lot of members agree are good/useful posts. Liking will also contribute to members' Reaction Scores.
  • Reaction Score: this is a way for us to keep track of how members of the forum are ranking each other. We're probably going to keep the reaction score hidden from everyone but moderators and admins, and will use this to help us determine rank updates. This should make it easier to keep track of members in the event the boards get a bunch of new members, and avoid us overlooking guys who, for instance, are new or don't have many posts, or log in only infrequently, but contribute a lot of good stuff and are providing content other members find very valuable. We'll definitely have liking on posts, and might also have a dislike function, although there would not be a public element of this (you'd know you disliked a post, but nobody else would see it; it'd just be a private thing, for your records, and that fed into a user's Reaction Score, which no one but the mods would see and wouldn't affect anything other than influencing us when it's rank upgrade time).
  • Mandatory Field Reports Prefixes: one of the long-time problems with the Field Reports boards is guys not prefixing their posts correctly or at all. To fix this we're setting the new Field Reports board in such a way that you cannot submit a post until you've selected one of the prefixes from the drop down prefix menu for that board. We'll also probably have a quick guide on the new post screen so members can easily see what each of the prefixes stands for. We'll likely expand prefixes to the other boards too, to make sorting for specific types of posts much easier.
  • Two (2) New Ranks: Rookie (with a baby icon) and Modern Human. New members with fewer than 10 posts will start with the Rookie rank. At 10 posts, a member will become a Space Monkey (the current Rank 1). Franco felt we needed another level of differentiation between the Cro-Magnon Man (current Rank 3) and Tribal Elder (current Rank 4), so we've added the Modern Human role between those two. You can see what each of the ranks looks like below.

seducer_rank_1_rookie-700x300.png

seducer_rank_5_modern_human-700x300.png

The new theme will be fully responsive and mobile optimized, needless to say.

And all current functionality, like ability to easily see / go to new posts, will be there.

SUBSECTIONS

Space brought up subsections in the forum logo thread.

Alek also talked to me about these sometime back.

Both have recommended we nix most of the subsections of forums (like "Health", "Wealth", "Travel", etc. in the Lifestyle Board). And instead put these all in one board. There's not a lot of activity on the subforums, so I like this idea. And with prefixes, we can pretty easily still keep all these threads distinct enough even in a single forum.

So this is a thing we will do.

I'm not sure if we will do it before go-live or after. If we have time for it we'll do it before.

However, I want to get the forum launched before Haseeb leaves for vacation.

Just in case he vanishes into the Indian jungle never to return as well (actually I don't think Haseeb is from India. But I don't know where he's vacationing. For all I know it could actually be India).

But we will do this, either before the launch if we have time, or after the launch, once Haseeb is back and working again, if not.

BOOKMARKING

Many forum members have asked for the ability to bookmark posts/threads they like, so they can easily find these later.

This is probably an easy thing for us to enable, so there's a good chance we will have it ready for you by the time the new forum premieres.

However, if not, we will roll it out not long after.

IMPROVED SEARCH

The current search we have on the forum is not very good.

One of the projects MD (our lead developer) is working on is a cross-property elastic search for all major GC properties.

This is basically a Google-tier search, with autocomplete / autosuggestions, and that will be able to pull up the most relevant results from any property we set it up to pull from.

So you will be able to use search, and have very relevant results that come up either just for the forum, or for the forum and Girls Chase proper.

(we also want to make comments in the GC main site comment sections searchable, another request we've frequently had over the years. But that'll come a little later)

I don't have a good ETA for improved search, since MD's plate is very full. But this is in the works as well.

WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED?

If there is other functionality you think the forums need, this is your chance to let me know.

We're actively in "build a whole bunch of stuff" mode, so if we need it, tell me now, and if it sounds like it's useful and other guys agree or Franco and I like it, I'll ask Haseeb to find a plugin for it if one exists, or build one for it if it doesn't, and we'll get it working.

FORUM UPGRADE: OUT SOON!

So, it is finally happening.

Everything always takes longer than we expect.

But, new forum will be out soon.

And it is going to be slick, easy to use, mobile friendly, and extra special awesome.

All the stuff you love from this forum get carried over, plus we'll add more useful features and fun stuff (all the stuff above).

ETA: less than 2 weeks, unless something blows up in the laboratory.

Chase

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase-

This is good news!

Something I probably forgot to suggest back then, but it's quite useful: A better integration of the comments under the articles into the forum proper. Now these are two separate things, but I've seen it elsewhere that the forum had a section titled Articles where basically a bot reposts the article as the first post and forum members can discuss the article. This forum discussion also shows up under the article as comments stream. This is how Return of Kings was connected to Roosh's forum, but I can't find an example now. Of course, with this setup you need a forum registration to comment on the article, but it may be a benefit to get more people onto the forum. Of course you may have separate comments under the article for non registered users whose comment appear only under the article and registered users whose comments show up under the article and in the forum too. This system of two tiered comments is also popular with mainstream websites, for example having separate Facebook comments and normal comments. You can figure out in the meantime what works best. It's a non-issue.

As a basic privacy feature, you may want to limit the ability to list a user's post to registered users.

I've made some detective work on Haseeb: This is the first place I've found him.

Chase said:
WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED?

If there is other functionality you think the forums need, this is your chance to let me know.

We're actively in "build a whole bunch of stuff" mode
Does this question apply to the forum only or outside of the forum, too? If outside the forum too, well. There's a lot. Let's say I've best summed it up here and here. But most importantly a Start Here! guide. It can be as simple as a hand curated selection of articles. Probably not linking to other 50 articles which drive most normal readers crazy. In fact, you already have such a Start Here! selection of articles somewhere, but it exactly has that many links to countless other articles to drive most normal readers crazy. And more, you said exactly your Start Here! set of articles on the site isn't your official Start Here! guide anymore; the 7-Day Mini Course is.

Your 7-Day Mini Course, however
- Is not mobile friendly. It can be either written or a video, it doesn't matter. Both can easily be made mobile friendly these days.
- Is linking the exact number of too many articles I mentioned above which makes the reader question is this the Start Here! guide I'm looking for or do I have to click on all those articles to get to it?
- I have to admit I've just skimmed the material (for the above reasons) but I haven't found it that actionable. I mean if it were actionable there would be a lot of discussion here buy guys about parts (what to do here, how to get to the next step) of the Mini Course, right? But there is zero discussion of it.

It's up to a debate whether what's Roosh teaches is useful or not, but at least his similar mini course is 100% actionable. And mobile friendly, too as it's text only but not wrapped into a PDF. Or quite a few of the YouTube manifestos popular with folks associated with RSD (or who are ex-RSD) are quite actionable, too. Which are also mobile friendly as it's quite easy to download YouTube videos to your device.

You see? It's not that I'm complaining that I don't have any Start Here! material, I have quite a few of them. But these are outside of Girls Chase and you want to stay relevant and folks to come here, engage with the community you hopefully grow over time and buy your stuff, right? Speaking of buying your stuff, the most important one you haven't scheduled for release for whatever reason (Even though you have probably already written it, the material is just spread through the site in the form of articles; Even though you've scheduled the advanced and super advanced stuff), the one that would probably sell the most even if not in dollar terms, but in number of copies sold and would spread the word the most is a "normal" book on Amazon which covers most topics for most people. But I don't want to repeat myself endlessly, I'm sorry.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Allowing users to edit their posts for longer than 2 hours is nice, too.

Allowing to delete one's posts is nice, too. I always manage to post duplicates.

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
How about the ability to look up all members of a certain rank at once? Or to filter by rank? (ie you could search for all cro-magnon men, or could filter out baby posts?) Would make it easier to find awesome contributors you could study.

Editing/deleting posts is also a very good idea.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Number of posts on a single forum page shouldn't be more than 20 to 25. 20 posts per page are probably fine. For example this one is at 35 posts now and the whole thing is a single page. It would be easier to navigate this many posts if they were broken into two pages.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
the new Skilled Seducer Forum (the rename for the Girls Chase Boards)
I know it's pretty much all set by now that it's going to be called the Skilled Seducer Forum forum. Logo, branding, domain, everything. But speaking of Chris "60 Years of Challenge," He suggests that you should be Social, Seductive & Sexual: All three of these at the same time. Just came to my mind comparing the name of the new forum to 60's message.

What's common between Chris and Chase? They are both YouTube-shy, in this day and age. The above short clip is Chris' only appearance on YouTube while Chase's only appearance on the popular video platform I was able to find is this 4-year old podcast with barely audible audio (to be enjoyable for language learners). * Here I have to correct myself. The above one was Chase's only appearance I was able to find on YouTube until now. Strangely, the YouTube algorithm has surfaced another Chase Amante podcast by Dating Skills Review with better audio and subtitles. But previously this didn't come up in the search. Now I'm going to listen to it. ** The podcast page states Chase is married or at least was married 4 years ago. I'm sorry I was totally oblivious to the fact (Hey! Chase isn't so public about this personal, but important part of his private life as this other famous pickup guy, Mark Manson is), but it explains a bit about how things are going on here.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
All right, quick update.

Things are in quite good shape. We have the new forum design now, and ranks and reputation scores are all working.

I fell off the map on this project for about a week and did not get Haseeb what he needed to continue. Which is one of the things that happens with me & juggling too many projects. I just got him theme details today from the designer and a few other things he needed, so we won't wrap before he leaves for vacation.

He's back June 6th I guess, so go-live will be whenever he's wrapped after his return.

Here's the theme we'll go with -- the mockup's based on our Alumni Forum (for product buyers), but it'll be all this forum's categories and forums in the live forum, needless to say:

rohit-design-700px.jpg

So, slight delay, but we are getting this out.

@Space-

Well, I meant for the forum, but other suggestions are welcome too!

We're looking at doing a redesign for the main site next. And once we do that we'll completely overhaul the sidebar, navigation, etc. as well. So those comments are certainly welcome too.

On forum-specific comments:

Space said:
Something I probably forgot to suggest back then, but it's quite useful: A better integration of the comments under the articles into the forum proper. Now these are two separate things, but I've seen it elsewhere that the forum had a section titled Articles where basically a bot reposts the article as the first post and forum members can discuss the article. This forum discussion also shows up under the article as comments stream. This is how Return of Kings was connected to Roosh's forum, but I can't find an example now. Of course, with this setup you need a forum registration to comment on the article, but it may be a benefit to get more people onto the forum.

That's a great suggestion -- if we could get the comment section integrated with the forum, that'd be excellent.

Just off the top of my head, the way I'm envisioning it:

• Separate subforum for article threads: this is to avoid, say, having a bunch of old articles continually floating to the top of another forum because random anonymous Internet users drift by and drop single comments, especially on controversial articles like "Should You Pay for a Date?" or "Why I Quit Dating Party Girls" or the MGTOW one or whatnot.
  • Prefixes for articles: we can handle this fairly easily on the article side I think -- have whatever categories we put articles in translate over into prefixes on the forum. So e.g., if it's about texting it'll have the "Texting" prefix; if it's about sex it'll have the "Sex" prefix; if it's about style it'll have the "Style" prefix; etc. Will make the forum post board more navigable.
  • Single login between main site & forum: this is something we tried years ago and couldn't get to work right, but we have far better tech people now (it used to mostly just be me trying to figure stuff out on my own and... often not pulling it off so well). We can probably get that to work I think. Trickier thing will be to see if we can get all logins across all platforms synced: main site, public forum, alumni forum, courses, help desk, etc. This is something that's already on our to-do list though.

Space said:
Of course you may have separate comments under the article for non registered users whose comment appear only under the article and registered users whose comments show up under the article and in the forum too. This system of two tiered comments is also popular with mainstream websites, for example having separate Facebook comments and normal comments. You can figure out in the meantime what works best. It's a non-issue.

Right, handling anonymous user comments is a little trickier. Do you post those to the forum as "guest" or what?

Maybe what we'll do is give the user the option to create an account at comment creation. Which is something we used to have but turned off years ago after the spammers took it over and created 10,000 accounts to spam comments with on the main site (that was exhausting).

I've seen "normal comments" and "Facebook comments" -- I think this is just because the websites don't know how to / can't be troubled to integrate these. I don't think this is actually a superior way to do UI. Facebook has its own proprietary API to access Facebook comments, and there probably isn't an easy way to pull comments out of there and integrate them, but neither does the site want to turn off its own in-house comments. So instead you get this complete mess of a system with in-house comments, followed by Facebook comments. We want to get commenting a lot more streamlined though (something close to what the NYTimes has for its comment section, which looks and works great on both desktop and mobile).

Space said:
As a basic privacy feature, you may want to limit the ability to list a user's post to registered users.

I think you mean to unregistered users -- and yeah, I agree.

Make the forum fully searchable, but if you dig into a specific user, you need an account.

I like that; will add that to the list.

As for the Haseeb link -- I think there's an inside joke there I did not get the memo on...

Space said:
Number of posts on a single forum page shouldn't be more than 20 to 25. 20 posts per page are probably fine. For example this one is at 35 posts now and the whole thing is a single page. It would be easier to navigate this many posts if they were broken into two pages.

Sure, noted. We can limit that to 20-25.

As for being public... yeah you know. This current age is so wildly, jadedly cynical. And I have been a minor public figure in one form or another since 2003 (I had a very small public presence online in the music space, before I got involved in seduction)... I have never seen a huge amount of benefit from being over-public. To a certain extent, being public about yourself helps others to feel connected to you, but beyond that, it opens you up to a lot of backlash, and gives people who want to take you down tidbits to grasp onto in their takedown attempts.

Also, if you do a bunch of things / are involved in many things, you need to be cognizant to not overcomplicate what you share with people to avoid the confusion vortex. Does anyone really need to know what Gwyneth Paltrow had for a midnight snack or whether Brad Pitt is a middle child? I don't know. I think those things just complicate how one thinks of them. One of the most fascinating actors to me is John Lone, who had a brilliant turn as Puyi in The Last Emperor, a very discomfiting turn as Song Liling in M. Butterfly, and a few other roles, and then just vanished. Due in no small part to how little anyone knows about him aside from his acting, it is hard to think of him as anything other than a consummate actor. Which perhaps is all he wanted out of his acting career.

@Ambiance-

Ambiance said:
How about the ability to look up all members of a certain rank at once? Or to filter by rank? (ie you could search for all cro-magnon men, or could filter out baby posts?) Would make it easier to find awesome contributors you could study.

Editing/deleting posts is also a very good idea.

Awesome idea on both "search by rank" and "filter by rank." Okay, will get that functionality added.

As for edits/deletes -- I think we have the edit/delete window larger on the Alumni Forum. We'll get it set that way here too. Maybe something like a 12-hour delete window, and a 24-hour edit window.

Chase

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
As for the Haseeb link -- I think there's an inside joke there I did not get the memo on...
I'm sorry I'm not exactly sure what did I want to say with that one, besides that Haseeb indeed, is an Arabic name and the word literally means: Friend. Never mind!

Space said:
As for being public... yeah you know. This current age is so wildly, jadedly cynical. And I have been a minor public figure in one form or another since 2003 (I had a very small public presence online in the music space, before I got involved in seduction)... I have never seen a huge amount of benefit from being over-public. To a certain extent, being public about yourself helps others to feel connected to you, but beyond that, it opens you up to a lot of backlash, and gives people who want to take you down tidbits to grasp onto in their takedown attempts.

Also, if you do a bunch of things / are involved in many things, you need to be cognizant to not overcomplicate what you share with people to avoid the confusion vortex. Does anyone really need to know what Gwyneth Paltrow had for a midnight snack or whether Brad Pitt is a middle child? I don't know. I think those things just complicate how one thinks of them. One of the most fascinating actors to me is John Lone, who had a brilliant turn as Puyi in The Last Emperor, a very discomfiting turn as Song Liling in M. Butterfly, and a few other roles, and then just vanished. Due in no small part to how little anyone knows about him aside from his acting, it is hard to think of him as anything other than a consummate actor. Which perhaps is all he wanted out of his acting career.
Is this for me? I'm not sure to which part of my message do you want to address with this one, or is it only a side note? Even though I've heard the name Gwyneth Paltrow before, I had to look it up on Wikipedia now to find out who she is. It seems to me that you (I mean, Americans) should probably try harder to make your culture a little more significant and universally accepted overseas as the only global culture there is. (LOL) Cool story about John Lone, I should look him up.

Other developments: I'm looking forward to them! Regarding some minor questions you've asked me: I don't know the answer for everything (maybe I just have a vague idea), but I'm pretty sure you find something that works. Even if it's by trial and error.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Good timing with the launch of the new forum. New opportunities have just opened. See here and here.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
Space brought up subsections in the forum logo thread.

Alek also talked to me about these sometime back.

Both have recommended we nix most of the subsections of forums (like "Health", "Wealth", "Travel", etc. in the Lifestyle Board). And instead put these all in one board. There's not a lot of activity on the subforums, so I like this idea. And with prefixes, we can pretty easily still keep all these threads distinct enough even in a single forum.
To be precise, it's not what I suggested. What I suggested is that all subsections should be one level deep, no subsections two level deep:

Space said:
Second, I notice there are redundant subsections here. For example: There is the Lifestyle main forum, where people post everything including travel, fashion, health, and there are the sub-sections of the Lifestyle forum such as Health, Travel, and Fashion, with much less posts, because everyone posts in the main Lifestyle forum for more exposure. I'm guilty of that, too. But it's not only the Lifestlye section. These are subsections for Online Game and journals with a fraction of the exposure, so people tend to post these questions in the main forum sections as well. There was a popular post in the main forum about the STD situation, which should have its place in either Sex or Health if we are consequent, right? Sure, in the main section it got more exposure.

So my idea for the forum structure, on the example of the Lifestlye section. I would ditch the subsections and I had only one level of topics. Like:

- Lifestyle - Health
- Lifestyle -Travel
- Lifestyle - Style
- Lifestyle - Everything Else

I hope you get my idea. Subsections are always less popular. If there is only one level of depth for the sections, every section can get enough popularity. Oh, and one more. I would put the page turn at 10 to 15 posts, not at 30 or at how many at it is now.
Quick clarification: Two level deep subsections are always less popular. I hope you get the idea. Nevertheless, it's a minor detail. It's your forum and you probably know what you are doing. :)

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Quote from NextASF:

Teevster said:
The thing with Chase is that his projects are always delayed, which sucks, but he always does the job perfectly, oftentimes even better than anticipated. I promise quality here guys! The forum is also built upon complaints and suggestions from veterans.
Chase said:
As for edits/deletes -- I think we have the edit/delete window larger on the Alumni Forum. We'll get it set that way here too. Maybe something like a 12-hour delete window, and a 24-hour edit window.
Chase-

How about enabling the 24-hour edit window on the forum right here right now? It takes only two clicks I suppose. English is not my first language and takes time for me to form properly looking English sentences. That would help.

Is Franco on holiday? I reported this more than a week ago to correct lot's of the confusing gibberish I've left in the post, it still says: This post has already been reported.

But anyway, it would make Franco's job so much easier if I had the 24-hour edit window and editing my posts wouldn't be his job. :)

Speaking of the new forum, how about renaming the section called Fashion to Style? Fashion is something you are supposed to buy and recycle every season while style is something more permanent, right?

Sub-Zero

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think you should add alerts Chase.

They way users can know when we quote them or not.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
@Ambiance,

Ambiance said:
@Chase

Great! This new forum is going to be sick.

I had one more idea: how about a dark/nighttime mode?

Ooh, I like it. But would require us to have a the themer build another version of the theme with a different set of colors. Then get that version coded up separately, and build a way to switch between themes.

So... I guess we'll see. Let's get the low-hanging fruit taken care of, then we'll see where we're at.

@Space,

Yes, all the other forums are dead or dying.

And seduction is not exactly welcome on Facebook, which is where a lot of forums have moved to.

Okay, not sure I follow on subsections then. Right now we have Section: "Lifestyle" --> Subsection 1: "Travel" --> nothing below this. Sounds like you are saying "Keep it as it is"? I talked with Alek and he suggested we eliminate the subsections, and bring those topics up into the main section. We can add tags to these in xenForo. So all the travel stuff will be in the Lifestyle board, with a big tag that says "Travel" next to it. Will be easy to search for that too.

Noted on "Fashion" --> "Style". I think I like that better, yes.

I'll see what I can do on the current editing window.

@Sub-Zero,

Alerts are built into xenForo. They'll be there as soon as the new forum launches!

LATE JULY UPDATE:

Haseeb finished a version of the forum theme, but it is not quite what we needed. Turns out we should have a professional themer do a PSD-to-HTML "pixel perfect" HTML version of the theme first, then build off that (see, there is all this stuff to learn, developing stuff for the web).

So we I'm getting a guy to do the PSD-to-HTML conversion. Typically this is supposed to take 1 week. Then Haseeb will need to convert that over into a theme for the forum (but most of the coding is done; at that point it's just getting the right pieces into the right files).

Meanwhile, Haseeb is working on other bits of the forum (like chat) while we wait for that.

My hope is we'll have this set soon. The theme is really the only thing we're still waiting for before we're ready to roll out the upgraded site.

Sorry for the delay, everything always takes longer than expected...

Chase

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
NEW ETA: Mid-September

All right, we're close.

Our pixel perfect conversion of the theme will be ready September 6th. We have a good firm working on this now.

Once the pixel perfect version is done, Haseeb will convert it to a xenForo theme.

At that point, we're ready to rock and roll (and take the upgraded forum LIVE).

Won't be too much longer.

Chase

Overdoze

Space Monkey
space monkey
Chase said:
NEW ETA: Mid-September

All right, we're close.

Our pixel perfect conversion of the theme will be ready September 6th. We have a good firm working on this now.

Once the pixel perfect version is done, Haseeb will convert it to a xenForo theme.

At that point, we're ready to rock and roll (and take the upgraded forum LIVE).

Won't be too much longer.

Chase

Awesome! Cant wait to see it. kudos for the focus on quality and details.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Chase said:
@Space,

Yes, all the other forums are dead or dying.

And seduction is not exactly welcome on Facebook, which is where a lot of forums have moved to.

Okay, not sure I follow on subsections then. Right now we have Section: "Lifestyle" --> Subsection 1: "Travel" --> nothing below this. Sounds like you are saying "Keep it as it is"? I talked with Alek and he suggested we eliminate the subsections, and bring those topics up into the main section. We can add tags to these in xenForo. So all the travel stuff will be in the Lifestyle board, with a big tag that says "Travel" next to it. Will be easy to search for that too.

Noted on "Fashion" --> "Style". I think I like that better, yes.

I'll see what I can do on the current editing window.

Chase-

Space said:
I've devised a longer answer to you. This unfortunately also means the time for phrasing it isn't now.
To you as well. I didn't forget about you. I'm sorry.

That said it's your forum and your redesign plans. (And we are your community.) But If it were up to me I'd do a hell of a lot of things completely differently at the core level. You can always fine tune minuscule things later though.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
All right fellas, we're ready to go live.

We're scheduling the update for early Monday morning, U.S. East Coast time.

A few notes:

• New design is much, much more usable. We'll still probably tweak colors a bit as it's a little on the pastel side.
  • We'll have a bunch of GC contributors jumping aboard to step up their posting activity, at least for the first 4-6 weeks or so following the relaunch, including myself. I know I've been absent lately but you will see a lot more of me, at least for the next month-and-a-half (and longer after that, if I can continue to swing it).
  • We'll still be making modifications and adding new pieces, especially elements members here have requested, after the relaunch. So if something you wanted to see on the upgraded forum isn't there at first, don't worry -- just let us know what it is, and we'll see about getting it added.

I realize it's been a while coming.

I also realize over the past year or so a lot of the other big seduction boards have just... died. NextASF, RooshVForum, many of the other big ones.

We're doing the relaunch and investing some time, money, and energy into this because we all really think there continues to be a need for a place for guys to discuss pickup, seduction, dating, and relationships online, especially as other forums close and social media venues get more and more restrictive. It looks like we may more or less be the last man standing here... which is kind of the way it was a long time ago, when there was basically just one big seduction board out there, and everyone was on it.

In some ways I guess we're sort of getting back to basics :)

Chase

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
The audience is still there for pickup without a doubt but I think what a lot of forums suffered from is that you had guys who with extremist beliefs, often incels, that felt the need to turn them depressing so they turned into all out wars. I also think with the backlash that PUA got from not just public but a lot of men as being clownish, other guys decided not to touch it as much. Now add to this a sex shaming culture and men opting out of the game more, the market has decreased.

You definitely have the demand for it but the last thing I want to see is this place turning into an incel hotbed.

>