How Do You Grow Your Instagram / Social Media Followers?

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Great work Seppuku!

Do you have your Instagram account public?

Mines is private and that is definitely holding me back.

What kind of engagement do you get? You say you have 900 or so followers, generally how many likes per pic?

Do you know any of these people IRL?

That is what I am wondering, how many of these people with 1k+ followers, especially college kids, know the people that follow them IRL or have even met them before.

Seppuku

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Oh Pry,

To answer your question, I started Instagram from scratch. That means 0 initial followers. I didn't connect my instagram to my Facebook or Twitter. I didn't even upload my phone number, so that people cannot find my instagram from their phone contact list. I wanted to avoid having my boss or colleagues from work spying me on Insta. On the other hand, it is public. Slowly by slowly I eventually connected to a few people I know in real life. But that's maybe 20 or max 30, out of 960.

So it is possible to reach 1k by "organic growth" so to speak. In fact, some people do even much faster growth than that. Some professional photographers, for instance, who have really good quality content available in quantity, could reach 15k followers after a year. I've seen it. I suppose also that if you're a half decent girl ready to show a little ass here and there, the growth will be fast too :)

But you're right, there are also some people who connect their insta to FB, and instantly they get their 500+ FB followers on their Insta. I also hear that some people "buy" an Insta account with readily available 10k+ followers... It's like an investment. LOL.

Seppuku

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Using game and cold approach to build social media following, thoughts?

Been a while since I been online but as you guys may know, social media is a big thing among a lot of younger people. I am late to the game by not caring as much about it in college so it pains me when I see kids in their early twenties with over 1k followers and 500+ likes on their profile.

Now I know using software gimmicks and niche game are a big thing but I have had some success recently with cold approach and even women I have slept with in the past to adding them to Instagram. In all of 2017, I gained 18 new followers who were women that I cold approached and about 9 of them regularly like some of the pics I put up. Currently I am at around 600 or so followers and am starting to get around 150 to 200 likes per pic.

A big part of this growth has been through just getting involved more in groups and connecting with school alumni group as well as some of it through cold approach, I rarely add people I don't know and my account is private.

It seems like the kids I know with 1500+ followers genuinely have that many followers due to being popular in high school and college, got a long way to go myself and a tougher path ahead.

Anyways, what are your thoughts?

Smurf

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Seppuku,

Yeah that's pretty much how it works. Instagram is a strange beast I haven't tapped too much into yet.

Oh Pry,

Just one night when you go out, instead of getting numbers get Instagrams. It'll add up for sure as long as you're posting content relevant to the situation you met them in. Grabbing an instagram is easier than grabbing a number. As far as conversion, I'll test that tonight for you and report back what I find. Try it out!

Jake.

radeng

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Re: Using game and cold approach to build social media following, thoughts?

What’s your point in building the following? Simply social proof in order to get laid more/by higher quality women?

If so, depending on how much you go out, you could get a lot of followers via cool approach alone. I tend to do a lot of approaching on the weekend and it would be much easier to get an inst follower than a number. I could see this working out really well for you if you post regularly and take great pics. If I was doing it I’d shoot for adding no less than 10 followers a week from cold approach, mainly because you can add all the girls who aren’t interested as well as ones that are.

I think this could be very effective. I’ve been debating doing something like this as I’ve basically never used social media alongside game. It also will open the door to sliding into some DMs of some insta model types if you have a big following and a cool insta life. This method is relatively unexplored in the pickup community but the power of social proof is real and I could see this being really effective but you’d obviously need a process around it.

I feel like with over a hundred likes and 6-700 your insta following is already way better than the average joe, have you already been leveraging this in your seductions? If so I’d love to hear more about it.

Radeng

readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Oh Pry,

You have a pretty good idea. Initially I traded following with people at my work, then I asked some girls for Instagram.
It was slow as fuck. I got like 5 followers during the past 2 weeks, but that was the best I could do.
If there is a method for faster growth I'd like to hear as well.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie

Radeng!

My boy! Long time no see champ!!!

Now for your question.

I am finding that social media, especially Instagram, is huge among the younger crowd and definitely wins you points if done right. The ceiling for social media game done right is that you will have more than enough opportunities with hot girls than you can bargain for because they want to be a part of an awesome life or a life portrayed as awesome. As for my personal reason, I am sure you are all too familiar with my horrible college experience so this is one of the few things I am doing to try and redeem myself in my twenties.

The power of the social proof is very very real. When hot girls see other hot girls liking your stuff, they want to be a part of that experience and get curious about what is going on. I've started to see sprinkles of this in my life so I can only imagine how it is like for the guys who are doing it right.

Believe it or not, the 600 to 700 is actually on the lower end for most cool guys in the younger age range. I see a minimum of 1k followers along with awesome pics among the guys that get hot girls in the younger age range, of course they are young themselves (18-28 type of range) too so it works for them.

Since you will be starting new, I will say do it right. Do not be one of those guys who gets 10k followers through a bot program but then when you see the pics, there are only like 50 or so likes per pic, that just screams fake.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie

As for my success with Instagram so far, I am actually starting to have some bits of success with it. I've tried to pass myself off as a "model photographer" and some of the women I've been with have been excited to have their pics taken. I have put up pics of some cute girls on my IG as a part of a collage so in one shot it is me with her and others it is them all by themselves. Girls love that sort of thing and I have had a few experiences recently where after smashing, I'll take a pic of them (in clothes obviously) and they are cool with it.

Social media presence does come up a lot among younger women I meet and I find that they get curious, account is private for me. Here are ways I have accumulated some followers:

1. Through events, especially ones thrown by my Alma Mater.

2. Cold approaching and asking them about social media, towards the end following them.

3. Linking Instagram to some dating apps I use.

Like others, I am also down for more suggestions but don't go with bots, gimmicks through software or attracting fake followers who don't even know you. I rarely accept invites from random accounts because I want my IG to feel more real as opposed to being those people with 10k followers who only get 100 likes max, that is embarrassing.

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
Guys here with over 1k Instagram followers, how did you do it?

Since the past couple posts on Girlschase have been about Instagram.

I am currently sitting at around 300 Instagram followers and it has been through old high school classmates and college classmates following me, some are just random Snapchat model accounts as I made my account public.

While the belief is that you have to be a celebrity to get that many followers, I noticed more than a handful of people from my college days who are well above that number. The most common demographic are sorority girls who were in popular sororities, they have over 1k and some even over 2k followers. What gets me is that the engagement rate on their pics is insane, I am talking over 500 likes per photo although I will note they have quality pictures on there as well.

I have also noticed a handful of guys from my college days who are over that 1k number. Most of them were football players and former athletes, pretty easy to get to that number in that situation. The other account which stuck out to me is this one snobby Pakistani kid at my university who was in multiple organizations, the guy is even dating this sexy tall blue eyed brunette who I think is way out of his league and I cannot help but think part of it is because of Instagram game.

For those of you guys in here who have over 1k Instagram followers and a legitimate account to where you are getting 100s of likes per pic instead of like 50 or so, how did you do it?

fog

Modern Human
Modern Human
Re: Guys here with over 1k Instagram followers, how did you do it?

be social and develop relationships with people

Indian Race Troll (IRT)

Rookie
Rookie
TransFusion said:
The best Tricks is to use Instagram Hashtags ! Like Follow4Follow and also post sometimes some erotic pic with erotic tags ! but the best is too buy real instagram followers

All gimicky and with no real long-term benefits.

yash

Rookie
Rookie
1)Promote your dedicated hashtag on your other social profiles, on your website, and your email blast.
2)Get creative with your hashtags.
3)Watch topically relevant and trending hashtags.

Prishan

Rookie
Rookie
I'm a reasonable judge of my appearance, and I understand that my selfies at the mirror won't cause much excitement. I don't use any cosmetics - I'm not a blogger either, and it's a pretty expensive hobby. I cook rather mediocrely and eat that will prepare the husband, therefore to represent as the culinary blogger it would be unfair. So half a year ago, I started using one service! Now I have more than 10000 live followers(girls mostly). I recommend it!

>