An honest discussion of the YouTube video: A Rant Against The Pickup Community

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I've watched it again and I'm curious to hear your honest opinion on it. If you just want to discuss the 30 seconds segment of the video between 55:10 and 55:40, please do it here!

Relevant RSD Nation forum topic. Leo was involved with RSD as far as I understand.

My main pet peeve with Girls Chase is that I don't see Chase aiming to really raise the awareness of his audience. As I see it, he is rather aiming at the lowest common denominator or something. I know it pays the bills. It's boring to cite Mark Manson for personal development, but even Roosh is trying to raise the awareness of his audience in his own way in many areas of life (as his diverse community shows; I know it's a PITA that people are banned from his forum often and frequently), like he reviews books covering all areas of life, even if he doesn't have the best advice on women.

Sure, Chase has written about various self improvement topics as well outside women and dating, but how many people reads them compared to the most popular articles on his blog? As his focus seem to be more on people coming from Google searches, less so on something more organic like YouTube as I see it. Sure, I don't have the full picture here. Usual disclaimer that I write this in good faith.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: An honest discussion of the YouTube video: A Rant Against The Pickup Communi

Some other interesting perspectives I came across on YouTube. As a disclaimer, I do not endorse any of them as of yet, but nonetheless, worth listening to them with an open mind, similarly to the video in the first post, so I thought they were interesting way to continue on this topic:

P.U.A. vs Going Your Own Way by LFA

OSHO: Marriage and Children

Osho basically advocates polyamory, similarly to Christopher Ryan, author of Sex at Dawn. According to reviews, the while the authors present interesting data, but they cherry pick it and the book is biased. I've searched for Chris Ryan on Girls Chase, I haven't found any mention of him, so here you go. According to the guys at Roosh's forum, which simply have a much higher volume of posts and posters, polyamory is the ultimate beta/cuck pursuit. But Osho is anything but cuck or beta, quite the opposite. So all in all, it's complicated.

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Re: An honest discussion of the YouTube video: A Rant Against The Pickup Communi

Chase-

I've had a good reason I didn't answer to your post yet. The reason is a thorough post needs some good consideration. I'm sorry.

By the way, I'm totally overwhelmed with this forum, too many topics, too much one-on-one discussion going on requiring way too much typing. Aren't forums supposed to be involve more of a community? I remember you said that yes, indeed you plan to increase the forum's user base. How about that?

Interestingly, most websites hosting a ton of information gets redesigned and refreshed, say, every 3 years, if we are talking about an online information business, maybe even completely rethought. Girls Chase magically survived intact looking like and essentially being like just it were 10 years ago. It definitely doesn't look like any new website in 2019. So who knows? Maybe you've just found the task to give everything here a 2019 look, feel, and importantly, substance too overwhelming, mentally you already quit, and simply moved onto fashion? My quick take.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Anyway. To continue in the spirit of the topic, the video A Rant Against The Pickup Community was on my YouTube again and this one was recommended next to it:

Don't Make Pick Up Your Life (You're An Idiot If You Do)

Please note that the guy (Alex from RSD) wants to sell you something, his coaching in the end, but that's not why I'm posting here. So I think it's fair use to feature it. I'm posting it here because he has a point. His take is essentially a lighter take on the issues raised by the A Rant Against The Pickup Community. It's a much shorter video, too.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Space said:
I've watched it again and I'm curious to hear your honest opinion on it.

Banned By Amazon! Modern Day Book Burning Is Here

Interestingly in this short interview, Roosh shares many of Leo's ideas including:

• Sleeping with a lots of girls doesn't make you happy. Even though that's the idea most pickup guys are selling to you
  • Most pickup advice and guys are quite shallow. Roosh is honest enough to admit this about his earlier book, Bang, too. Which, for some reason is still OK to be sold by Amazon, unless his new, toned down book, because, you know, logic

Case in point, reading too much crazy pickup advice can easily make you crazy. That includes my mind pretty much rebels against going through Roosh's newer, toned down material as well.

>