russian asks: are white girls the most desirable females for all races?

nad_bigger

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Indians do not go for indian girls.
Blacks tend to look for a white wife to have lighter skinned children.
And white guys (except ThePhoenix) are largely attracted to only white girls.

In Russia we actually have over 60 nations, I am part russian, part tatar, part altay, part ukranian, but they all are "white".
We do not have that kind of racism in Russia (don't mind my username), so I don't get all the little details of western social dynamics, But shit like this honestly breaks my heart:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_a ... /?sort=top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJSTT6H8gUA&t=133

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I don't want to get much into scientific racism, but here you go.

nad_bigger said:
Indians do not go for indian girls.
As someone who isn't Indian, I can safely tell you this blanket statement isn't true. So as your others. To better understand male and female sexual psychology, we should take note of the Coolidge effect:

The Coolidge Effect

One day President Coolidge and his wife Grace were touring an experimental government farm. While President Coolidge was preoccupied elsewhere, Grace Coolidge was learning about the management of the hen house.

The first lady was fascinated by the behavior of a prize rooster intensely engaged in a frenzy of copulation.

“How often does he do that?” asked Mrs. Coolidge.

“Oh my, he can do that ten times a day, Mrs. Coolidge” replied the farmer.

“Please inform the President of this when he stops by,“ said Grace.

When Calvin toured the hen house, the farmer dutifully informed the President as Grace instructed.

Upon being told, the President asked, “Same hen every time?”

The farmer shook his head, “Oh, no, Mr. President, it’s always a different hen every time.”

President Coolidge replied, “Please tell that to Mrs. Coolidge.”

The takeaway is that men like variety. I can attest to that. In Europe I simply have less exposure to the best what far away lands can offer. For that I have to travel there. I wrote about my brief experience with Asians here. Differentiating East Asian girls to Southeast Asian girls.

nad_bigger said:
We do not have that kind of racism in Russia
Only to Caucasians and Tajiks, as I heard.

nad_bigger said:
don't mind my username
Frankly, I have no clue what your username stands for.

nad_bigger

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Space said:
nad_bigger said:
We do not have that kind of racism in Russia
Only to Caucasians and Tajiks, as I heard.

Back to your topic:
nad_bigger said:
But First and Second Chechen War were fought from August 1996 to April 2009, so you can guess why there is teeny tiny animosity with Chechen and Dagestan people
I didn't talk about Chechnya and Dagestan in particular, but the wider Caucasus region in general, including the South Caucasus, which isn't part of Russia. And the Tajiks, who are not even from that region.

Okay, we can now probably get back to the original aim of this forum, why we are here in the first place. Yes, the forum being a ghost town doesn't help. I'm sorry about that.

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Space said:
I donʼt want to get much into scientific racism, but here you go.
The term “scientific racism” actually refers specifically to the use of (as a rule, very biased and misleading) “science” to “prove” some race inferior or superior. I donʼt think thatʼs what Nad is trying to invoke. Simply using science to qualify or quantify the phenomenon of racism itself, is not the same thing at all — that is legitimate social science (although itʼs not easy to do right).

As for the original question, itʼs a really complicated topic. I wasnʼt going to get into it for lack of time — cuz really I could write a 100 page thesis, — but itʼs a subject rather dear to me, so hereʼs some quick mostly unedited observations:

• First off, humans are fairly diverse in their thinking, especially on such controversial topics. So Iʼd be cautious with any generalizations.

• To say most Indian or black men donʼt date their own kind is absurd, at least where I live. Indian men are seen with Indian women far, far, far more often here than with anything else.  Black men are with white women more commonly than Indian men are, but itʼs still most common to see them with black women.

• The link to the Quora question re black sports stars always having white wives, if you read all the answers, has many counter‑examples.

• No, Iʼm absolutely not the only one, lol! Where I live Itʼs starting to become a lot more common to see white men with black women. When I first became attracted to them, it was quite rare. But itʼs not rare now.

• Sometimes the white guys are just chicken shits. I heard complaints on YT from a Nigerian girl and several other African girls living here that guys in the West, typically white guys, will stare at them for months but not make a move and she has to help him open up. (Beta male wussbag lol)

• There is most probably some natural attraction to exotic mates and also as Space pointed out, sexual variety.

• My own very strong preference for black women whilst living in a place where theyʼre a minority has given me some insight into black men dating out. Going after less than 10% of the female population is fucking hard. It magnifies approach anxiety and breeds scarcity. I wouldnʼt doubt if some of the black and other minority men you see dating out are doing it simply because from a practical standpoint itʼs hard not to!

• Weʼre gradually seeing more depictions of beautiful black women in the media, albeit still underrepresented. This is an important trend, since media drives peopleʼs perceptions, which in turn feed back into the media.

• Internalized racism in black people. That clip I sent you certainly does illustrate a real problem. What I donʼt know is where and how the study was conducted, what the numbers were, and how well confounding factors and researcher bias were addressed.

• Based on a lot that Iʼve seen and read in media, internalized racism in black people is a fairly widespread thing, but is by far most prevalent in the US. Some call each other ashy, tar baby, nappy headed, etc. Some perpetuate negative stereotypes and distance themselves from black people. There are tons of YT videos of black women bashing black men, and black men bashing black women. (Of course, thatʼs all anecdotal and doesnʼt prove how prevalent that is vs. ones who donʼt.) Thereʼs even been a Hollywood movie on the perception of African hair texture within African Americans. Plus that documentary I sent you, which you can rewind to t=0 for more examples.

• Music videos for predominantly black genres very often give the most camera time to the lightest skinned black girls, and the ones with weave (straight Indian hair sewn over top of their hair which is braided up against their head). I do notice this quite conspicuously because I tend to prefer the opposite, lol. So Iʼve read, some black artists have actively discouraged darker girls from casting in their videos. This may be a vicious cycle in which supply shapes demand. Top black female music celebs tend to be light and wear their hair straight — Beyoncé, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna... which of course feeds back into it.

• With all that said, where I live, I generally donʼt see much evidence of self-hatred personally, with one exception, and I associate with black people pretty extensively. So it is Iʼd say probably something that varies dramatically between regions and countries, even within the West. Either that, or itʼs greatly exaggerated in the media; Iʼm really not in any position to know which is the case.

• Exception: hair. Weave and relaxer (hair straightening chemicals) are irritatingly common here. Iʼve had black women tell me their natural hair is “unmanageable” — completely untrue. Iʼve had a mixed girl tell me her hair is “addicted to perm [chemical straightening].” I even had an argument with one who told me if I have a half-black daughter Iʼm most certainly going to be making her straighten that shit. (Mind you, the majority of such things Iʼve been told, came from women from a more racist region.)

• Iʼve never been to either place, but Iʼve read skin bleaching has reached epidemic proportions in Jamaica and Nigeria and seen some documentaries on it. Saw a pic of a beautiful Senegalese woman holding up pictures of herself about 6 shades lighter. Rwanda, on the other side of the continent, felt the need to ban bleaching products. A number of African models have infamously admitted to expensive “treatments”, and claim to have gotten much better job offers after. So itʼs a pretty widespread issue in Africa. The South Sudanese beauty Nyakim Gatwech almost bleached due to discrimination once she moved to the USA, but thankfully decided not to and instead uses her darkness as a trademark.

• With that said, itʼs difficult to separate as motivations internalized racism vs. simply the fact that women tend to be naturally lighter than men of the same race (though possibly not as much for super‑dark races) and so may feel it makes them look more feminine. Some white women feel the need to tan to be darker, while in some Asian cultures, being pale is prized as tanning was historically associated with menial labour. So there are many nuances.

• More generally itʼs hard to tease apart the factors in people doing anything. For instance, if an African girl loves me, is it because she despises her blackness and wants less black children? Is it because she hopes for money and visa? Or is it simply for the same reason Iʼm drawn to her — that Iʼm exotic? I read an interview with the pretty Ugandan model Aamito Stacie Lagum; she called some celebrity white guy she liked, “cotton candy,” in much the same way we sometimes talk about black women as “chocolate” — using food as a metaphor for sexual fascination. After being bombarded by messages about the insidious reasons African women like white guys, I was moved by the innocence of it.

• There can be some pressure, especially among American black people, to date within the race. I suspect that in some cases people in such subcultures who do happen to find themselves attracted to other races, may feel the need to somehow “justify” their attraction, and start needlessly bashing the opposite gender of the same race so that they have an “excuse” to date out. Thatʼs just my own hypothesis; certainly in some cases it goes the other way, and they date out because they hate their kind, but I donʼt think thatʼs always true or even necessarily typical.

• Attitudes vary quite substantially even regionally within the US, let alone other parts of the West. I expect most other places are not as bad as the US. Recall they were the only presently rich Western nation to have widespread enslavement of Africans within their own present-day borders, were the last to abolish slavery, and the southern US only did so under force — the American Civil War was in no small part their effort to retain slavery. The Confederate flag that some Southern US rednecks love to wave around is basically a symbol of racism.

• In the USA, both animosity and socioeconomic disparity has been carried from generation to generation. Sadly, racism is basically that countryʼs heritage.

• Some studies of dating site matches have found that black women are disadvantaged with men other than black men (who are stereotypically thought to shun black women, though the numbers donʼt really agree with that), and Asian men are disadvantaged. Itʼs been suggested that this is because black is stereotypically a masculine race and Asian feminine. Testosterone numbers may somewhat agree with that, but on the other hand, I personally find black women quite feminine — though not weak, — and Iʼm certainly not alone.

• I casually follow a number of South Sudanese models. Characteristically very dark. And tall — which puts them into frequent encounters with the fashion industry. Just about every one of them has vocalized discrimination over their skin tone, to the point that a rather prominent one, Ajak Deng, almost quit over it. In Nyakimʼs case it was out of commoners — Americans, unsurprisingly, — but more often it tends to be the fashion designers and the the haute couture industry insiders. This is pretty typical: rich whites and/or those in exclusive groups are more racist than commoner whites, to a degree. Not always.

• The “not always” above: Some nationalist/populist leaders (<cough, cough> Trump) like to gain popularity by appealing to disadvantaged whites that their problems are caused by the “other”, so you do get racist poor people, too, which is quite possibly a sort of “divide and conquer” tactic of the rich.

• As a white person you need to be very cautious about dismissing racism in your own locale. I know white people in my area who are probably quite typical in this regard who think we have no racism here, but itʼs not true. Most racism today is not blatant and so you need to be paying close attention to see it, and most white people simply arenʼt in a position to pay that much attention. It shows up in how city councilors and politicians prioritize certain projects over others, or which neighborhoods they assign funds to. Tons of white people who would never use the “n” word would still lock their car door when a black person walks by.

Phoenix

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ThePhoenix said:
Space said:
That's my sense of humor without the smiley face to make it too obvious.

Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
ThePhoenix said:
Space said:
The term “scientific racism” actually refers specifically to the use of (as a rule, very biased and misleading) “science” to “prove” some race inferior or superior. I donʼt think thatʼs what Nad is trying to invoke. Simply using science to qualify or quantify the phenomenon of racism itself, is not the same thing at all — that is legitimate social science (although itʼs not easy to do right).
That's my sense of humor without the smiley face to make it too obvious.

nad_bigger

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
watching Key & Peele, they tackle race issues quite a lot, but they both have white mothers and white girlfriends, I mean it is probably nothing, but still.. hmmm

ThePhoenix

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
>