article saying "PUA is dead"

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hello Tool,

T Vaunswa said:
http://www.askmen.com/dating/curtsmith_300/363_is-the-pua-dead.html Talks about how the old PUA tricks are dead and that they never work anymore I.E canned routines, peacocking and what not. And that the new techniques (as taught here) are the way of the future. Thoughts??

I believe not, PUA is not going away anytime, PUA here i mean canned routines. Because some women are still blur as fuck. HAHA! (It's like the girl who doesn't know the emergency fire brigade name of the country or town, Yeap!) :)

Zac

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
I agree. the only place im sure canned routines might be "called out" is in San Diego and Hollywood where it all began. and where Style and Mystery mass produced PUAS and made them autonamous robots.

Hey Franco. Your in Cali. Care to go do some hands on research with canned routines and see if you get called out lol ;)

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Hey Franco. Your in Cali. Care to go do some hands on research with canned routines and see if you get called out lol ;)

Half of the reason I never got interested in PUA (and technically, I am still not) was because of "routines" and "tricks." I never bought into them, and I hate not being "fresh" and having my own, natural style.

And when I say I technically still "am not" into PUA, it's because I believe that Chase doesn't teach you "PUA" -- he teaches you how to become a man. I've never read any website before this one on how to get women, and I'm glad I haven't because 90% of it would have been a waste of my time, other than learning how to handle my fundamentals and dress well. But that was something I've always done anyway, with a few extra "tweaks" based on the advice given on this website.

So, unfortunately, if you're looking for a guy to go run "canned routines" to test on women, I don't think I'm the guy. Why? Because I don't know (or use) any! ;)

Cheers,

Franco

The Tool

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Half of the reason I never got interested in PUA (and technically, I am still not) was because of "routines" and "tricks." I never bought into them, and I hate not being "fresh" and having my own, natural style.

And when I say I technically still "am not" into PUA, it's because I believe that Chase doesn't teach you "PUA" -- he teaches you how to become a man. I've never read any website before this one on how to get women, and I'm glad I haven't because 90% of it would have been a waste of my time, other than learning how to handle my fundamentals and dress well. But that was something I've always done anyway, with a few extra "tweaks" based on the advice given on this website.

So, unfortunately, if you're looking for a guy to go run "canned routines" to test on women, I don't think I'm the guy. Why? Because I don't know (or use) any! ;)
Touche Franco. Touche. Much agreed. I never used any either.

Chase does infact teach "How to be a man" VERY MUCH AGREED!!

I do agree on a waste of time (with other sites) I've looked into MANY different aspects of "PUA" and NONE of them have anything close to offer what is offered here. (I dont even believe ive taken much away from those other sites that I can actually use)

Did not mean to offend you in the slightest. So If I did I apologize. Was just trying to bring in some humor and I did not intend to come off as serious.

Cheers, The Tool

Richard

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Tool, Franco, Zac,

Had to jump in to this one!

Blah, canned routines are sooooooo boring. Could never ever ever EVER use them. Like you Franco, and you Tool, (you both already know this), but I also prefer to keep my game sharp and fresh instead of routine. Now, that's not to say that going out and opening women isn't routine, and by that I mean, I don't have to consciously tell myself to do it, I can just do it ;)

Fresh, sharp and natural is the way to go!

-Rich

Franco

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Did not mean to offend you in the slightest. So If I did I apologize. Was just trying to bring in some humor and I did not intend to come off as serious.

No offense taken! As a matter of fact, I just saw it as an opportunity to draw the distinction between this website and everything else that is out there. The only thing that I like about PUA is that it has given us terminology to use to describe things easily (HBs, cold read, cold approach, LMR, etc). Without these terms, we'd have to describe every little detail that we were talking about.

i.e.

Dude 1: "Yeah, I had her in my bedroom and she kept pushing my hands away as I was trying to reach for her jeans. And then I tried to reach for her shirt and she pushed my hands away again. It was like she was trying to stop us from having sex at the very last minute when it seemed like it was on!"
Dude 2: "So she gave you LMR is what you're saying?"
Dude 1: "...Yeah."

;)

- Franco

Thedoctor

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Franco said:
And when I say I technically still "am not" into PUA, it's because I believe that Chase doesn't teach you "PUA" -- he teaches you how to become a man.

Couldn't agree more!
Always a pleasure reading any of your posts Franco!

And on a side note here are the last 2 lines of that article:

"Can you predict the next generation of PUAs and their new bag of tricks? Or do you think the era described in The Game is still in full effect?"

So, I think the writer is talking more about the possible evolution of the "PUA".

Nuncle

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
I think a woman is always going to go for a powerful, charismatic, confident man isn't she? If she's in awe of that then she's not going to stop and think "oh dear, what if he wasn't always this sexy but learned to be?"

Modern "PUA" seems really just to be about learning how to come across as sexy, and to be fair I think that is really what the old school stuff was as well.

It's getting it the wrong way round to think that the key to it is "routines" or "tricks". They were just the structure around which the PUAs worked.

The "neg" is one example of the way this is misunderstood IMO. I remember when The Game came out a lot of guys went round, hilariously, insulting women they knew, thinking that that on it's own was some sort of magic trick that would make them fall in to bed. But no. That was just one small part of the whole that makes up a successful pick-up, which Strauss happened to point out as an interesting piece of psychology.

Similarly wearing a feather boa (or whatever) was never a like wearing a magic amulet that would get you laid, which is the assumption a lot of people made on reading The Game. Again it's just a small part of the process. When a girl comes up and tries to playfully steal the boa off you on the dance floor you've still got to handle it like an elementally smooth and confident man, then command her convincingly to move, deep dive effectively etc.

People who think that Pick Up just consists of "tricks" are those, I would guess, who tell themselves that they could do it if they wanted to but choose not to.

Guess I'll read the article but I'm betting it'll get me annoyed with it's misunderstandings.

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Everyone,

Because Chase has open up the ocean so wide, Sometimes i feel like i can't turn back. It really is taking the red pill for me. It still hurts my head. and yea..

Zac

>