PLS READ: How Believing In The Afterlife Might Help You Get GIrls

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hello,

i would not say i believe in 'afterlife'. but rather this universe, this system, this game of life that "God" or whoever created has a principle: Forward.

This post is inspired by this recent Avengers Endgame plot leaks. It also reestablished old thoughts. Here's why i believe that this universe (lets call it that), are always moving forward

- rising number of uncommitment commitment (non marriage long term relationships)
- gig economy where it's spontaneous
- research notes from time travel that we cannot travel to the past.
- multiverse universe
- alternate universe (similar to multiverse, i said it so because people who said it, have similar fundamentals)
- causality
- create new cells or regenerate new cells
- get girls by replacing them
- replace new thoughts (actually it is states, but also doesn't mean the actions change and rationalizations change)

You guys if you see it, will not deny that this is flawed. Because i have a point. :)

Zac

Chase

Chieftan
Staff member
tribal-elder
This is taking your post in an entirely different direction, Zac (so apologies for that!), but another wrinkle to add to this is that the certainty of belief can help with women. Although certainty in non-belief can also help.

I knew a couple of "high five Jesus" types in Catholic school and later in my professional career who were very attractive to women. Clean cut guys, really likeable, and compelled by the power of belief. Women found them irresistible.

However, I have also known guys who were of the "I know for a fact there is only this life and nothing after it" sorts who were also quite compelling and good with women.

These two types of guys are almost like matter and antimatter. The guys certain there's an after life have a kind of bright, optimistic pull on women. Meanwhile the guys certain there is nothing after death have a kind of shadowy, urgent "live for today because there is no tomorrow" pull to them.

Most people are actually in the middle. They're not 100% certain. Even most religious and most atheists and non-believers aren't 100% certain. They still live their lives with a shred of doubt. And one shred can spoil the entire thing.

==

As to the "trends we see now are indicative of constant forward progress" statement... I both agree and provide a counterpoint.

The counterpoint is everything we see now we have seen before, and will see again.

Uncommitted relationships have historically been common throughout advanced civilizations.

As were gig economies; in medieval Europe, for instance.

And so on and so forth.

I'd argue that both the "we are making progress" and "all history is cycle" perspectives are two sides of the same coin.

We are clearly making progress: technologically, culturally, genetically.

And at the same time, we continue to pass through the same cycles again and again and again.

Thus, the universe is both forward-marching, and cyclic.

Chase

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Pretty sure you knocked up some random Chinese girl but a really beautiful one.

Not that you might remember :) where have you been.

Zac

>