FORUM UPGRADE: Help us pick the new forum logo

FORUM UPGRADE: Help us pick the new forum logo

Postby Chase » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:55 am

Hey gents,

As you may (or may not?) know, we're kicking off 2019 with an upgrade for the Girls Chase Boards.

The Boards are getting their own URL (at https://www.skilledseducer.com/ -- nothing there yet), a new theme, and a new, more powerful forum software.

Right now, we've had a bunch of logo ideas put together by our talented logo designer, Novita. What I need from YOU is to know which one you like best -- this is a logo you'll be seeing everyday (or however often you're on the boards) once the new theme / URL hit the site.

Which one's the best look for the new logo?

Let me know your thoughts and help me narrow it down!

Chase
Chase

Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FORUM UPGRADE: Help us pick the new forum logo

Postby Hue » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:27 pm

As you may (or may not?) know, we're kicking off 2019 with an upgrade for the Girls Chase Boards.

The Boards are getting their own URL (at https://www.skilledseducer.com/ -- nothing there yet), a new theme, and a new, more powerful forum software.

Hell yeah. Much appreciated Chase. I'm sure it'll turn out great.

What I need from YOU is to know which one you like best -- this is a logo you'll be seeing everyday (or however often you're on the boards) once the new theme / URL hit the site.

I like #3 the best because of how it guides the eyes.

Pimp surrounded by women (one leaning interested, one touching him, the boss bitch posing on the right --> aesthetically looks cool)
v
Skilled Seducer (What am I looking at? --> the forum logo)
v
Get Skilled, Get Girls (What is Skilled Seducer about? --> getting girls)

Think the red on white with all of em looks good too.

Hue
Always be a student.
Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Postby Mr.Rob » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:00 pm

#3 and #5

How come the namebrand change? Is skilled seducer another product or literally just the forum?
Mr.Rob

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Postby Big Daddy » Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:48 pm

I'd prefer a setup that allows members, or at least me, to browse more comfortably, i.e. without worrying if someone is looking over my shoulder (as an example, you'd never know what the RSD forum is about from a distance)!

None of these are exactly SFW... but if I had to choose between those, I guess that would be option #3?

@ new brand

I'm curious as well. What will change? Why detach it from the Girls Chase brand? I think the link it's the #1 reason as for why the culture is the way it is (easily the best among all forums I lurked/participated).
Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby readjusting » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:52 pm

I like the red color
readjusting

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Chase » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:19 pm

Thanks fellas. Seems like #3 is most guys' favorite so far.

@ Mr. Rob-

Giving it its own domain name, I wanted the forum to have a name that would be a.) easy to remember, b.) catchy, and c.) something new people stumbling across it would instantly 'get'. I think the rebrand to 'Skilled Seducer' does that better than 'Girls Chase Boards' or 'Girls Chase Forum'.

I modeled a lot of how this place works off the original Fast Seduction forum. Wanted a quick, catchy, descriptive name like that. No new product (just the forum).

@ BD-

Noted on work-friendly design. Having a big logo in the middle of the screen would take up a lot of screen space too, so maybe what we'll do is stick it in the corner like most forums.

Or we might do two versions of the theme... one a "work-safe" version without logos or icons.

We were very careful when rolling out the Boards in late 2012 to get the culture right. Brought in a core of early members, worked with them closely, then opened the Boards up to a more general audience.

We're still going to have lots of links to stuff on Girls Chase throughout the Skilled Seducer forum. It'll still feature semi-prominently. I haven't figured out exactly how that'll look yet, since I typically need to see a thing so I can play around with it and see how I want it to look first. But we'll have GC featured on there prominently somehow.

One of the reasons I've wanted to spin it off for sometime is because I think it'll attract more members more easily as separate rather than attached. I also think at this point the forum is mature enough that it can maintain its culture if there are more new people coming in, including some unfamiliar with GC. I'll probably have something on there we can point guys to if we get the "What is Girls Chase? Why should I care about this on a forum called 'Skilled Seducer'?" critique (which is effectively a culture challenge -- "Why should we stick with your old culture? Why should we not switch to the way I want to do things, which is superior?"). So long as we can keep the culture strong, more members is a good thing. Franco and I will still be the mods, and we'll still moderate it the same way we have (folks not following the rules get the boot).

Another reason to make the GC Boards more independent is to fill a market need... with the fall of Fast Seduction and the decline of the other independent boards there hasn't been a good non-company forum out there. We've always tried to treat the GC Boards as independent-ish (guys can talk about other methods on here; we don't insist they stick with GC dogma; etc.)... we'll keep this exactly the same on SS, but it'll be more palatable to the independent guys who don't want to post on a company board (there are a lot of guys like this).

We're extremely focused on keeping everything consistent.

Management isn't changing (same guys). Philosophy isn't changing. Culture isn't changing. Just name, URL, and look, plus some new functionalities guys have requested over the years and Franco and Alek agree we should have.

Nevertheless, I'm going to treat the rollout the same way I treated the 2012 premiere, with a very strong early emphasis on culture. Just to make sure the ship is steady after we splash it down into some new waters.

Chase
Chase

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Oh Pry » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:33 pm

I might be the only guy that feels this way but does anyone else feel like "seducer" kind of feels a bit, well....outdated? Maybe my experience has shaped me in recent months but I find so many places claiming to teach men "seduction" to be a bit too forward or try-hard. It could be too late for it to really matter but from a lot of the guys I have talked to who do well out there, just the term "seduction" or "seducer" comes off as a bit cringey. I think that while GC is about seduction, it is also more than that as well. Why not go with something that is a bit less forward, keep Girlschase or go with something that emphasizes we're about making men alphas and the best version of themselves so they can do good in game rather than us making them into these seducers with all of those tactics.

Over the years I found that creating a genuinely better version of you takes you way farther than just learning game, its the difference between a natural and a PUA. Why not something like Alpha Lifestyle or The Natural or Breeding Naturals. Something that says we are about teaching men to be the best version of themselves than just being seducers. Now I understand seduction is about more than just seducing women in your eyes Chase but to some outsiders, it could come off as a try-hard version of a PUA forum.

People didn't leave PUA because game became obsolete, people left it because they realized looks, status, social skills and other things mattered and guys like Mystery were coming off as a bit clownish.

I might have been out of the loop for too long but this has been my experience.
Number of lays since joining GC: 93

Thank you Chase and Franco!
Oh Pry

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Postby Ken » Thu Jan 03, 2019 12:08 am

Number 6 is my favorite.
https://thiswritersmind.wordpress.com/ I write about a lot of things on my blog, from movies to politics to masculinity. If you feel that I could be doing a few things differently, let me know. I am always trying to get better at the craft of writing.
Ken

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Space » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:22 am

A main theme along the lines of self development forum for men would resonate with me personally better, but I realize that would probably be with another dating company. Anyways, doesn't it bother you that Skilled Seducer rhymes well with the popular video game, Super Seducer? Maybe you want to come up with a more distinguishable branding. The logos look mostly identical to me. I can get used to any of them.
Learning seduction, doing seduction, and also contributing to the forum, all three at the same time? Nah, that's too much. Forum bankruptcy. I'd still appreciate if you could chime in on my two most burning questions here and here.
Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Sub-Zero » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:40 am

Lucky numba 7. Plus it looks like the current logo as well.
Sub-Zero

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Sub-Zero » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:42 am

Idk I would feel kind of weird being on here in public. No offense of course, but I like to keep this stuff as private as possible, I only use gc when I'm at home or in a bathroom if I'm out.

Big Daddy wrote:I'd prefer a setup that allows members, or at least me, to browse more comfortably, i.e. without worrying if someone is looking over my shoulder (as an example, you'd never know what the RSD forum is about from a distance)!

None of these are exactly SFW... but if I had to choose between those, I guess that would be option #3?

@ new brand

I'm curious as well. What will change? Why detach it from the Girls Chase brand? I think the link it's the #1 reason as for why the culture is the way it is (easily the best among all forums I lurked/participated).
Sub-Zero

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Sub-Zero » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:45 am

In case you need more help deciding. I like the images when he's already in between women, the other ones where he's standing far away makes it look like he's thinking of approaching. The others are where we want to be, we don't want to be in the background checkin women out; we want to be right in the middle of them lookin like pimps!!
Sub-Zero

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Space » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:25 am

Sub-Zero wrote:Idk I would feel kind of weird being on here in public. No offense of course, but I like to keep this stuff as private as possible, I only use gc when I'm at home or in a bathroom if I'm out.

This is a good point! I second it.
Learning seduction, doing seduction, and also contributing to the forum, all three at the same time? Nah, that's too much. Forum bankruptcy. I'd still appreciate if you could chime in on my two most burning questions here and here.
Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Lover » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:24 pm

First choice #7. Second choice #3.
Sexting is one of the most stress relieving actions you can ever do. Probably even more if she also sends nudes

Formerly known as Ajay
Lover

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Ambiance » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:15 pm

I like 4 and 7 best, since they’re most uniform with the GC logo.
Always,
Ambiance

Memento Mori
Ambiance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Postby Will KZ » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:04 pm

I like #1, the guy is above the girls, like he's slowly deciding which one will be his, or all 3? #6 second choice
Face the sun
Will KZ

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:45 pm

Looks like #3 in the lead with 4 votes, #6 and #7 tied for second with 3 votes each. Seems like more guys like the guy with two girls than one of the three-girl logos? That was actually my preference as well. Thought it looked more intimate, like he was already deeper into the seduction. Three girls looks more like he's just approached to me.

@Oh Pry-

Yeah, maybe... the challenge is what are you going to replace it with?

"Casanova" and "Don Juan" are kind of cheesy. "Lothario" is kind of sleazy. "Pick Up Artist" jumped the shark when Mystery launched his VH1 show. If you name the website "Skilled Guy Who Does Well With Women" it's too hard to remember and not catchy, and if you call it "Skilled Dater" it lacks punch. "Lover" sounds like it's about being good in bed. "Playboy" sounds like it's only for frat bros who want to shag party chicks. "Player" sounds like it's for cool guys from the hood who want to pimp bitches. "Womanizer" sounds negative. "Seducer" is very slightly dated, but I can't find anything else that captures the essence of what the forum's about that also sounds cooler.

Good thing about names though is as people use them, they change the meaning. I think "Seducer" is the closest of all these names to being easily reclaimable. So if we have a good board with cool guys that is reasonably popular, we may reclaim the name a bit and infuse it with more cool factor.

@Space-

I understand, but then it's also vaguer. Very important for me to keep this place focused. If someone asked me "Hey Chase, what is Ask Men about?" or "What's Art of Manliness about?" I couldn't tell you... something something being a man. I know there are a lot of guys who like those sites -- they have more traffic than we do. But I also feel like they're more for entertainment than they are for actual self-improvement. I also want to avoid us trying to be everything to everybody... if you want body-building advice you to go a body-building forum. If you want make-money advice you go to a make-money forum. If you want to get laid or get a girlfriend you go to Girls Chase / Skilled Seducer. Etc.

As for any nearness in name to "Super Seducer"... no, not worried about that. I think they're releasing a second one soon (or have already)? This forum will still be online in 10 years, and I doubt Richard will have Super Seducer 8 out by then or that many people will still be playing the game. Most games fade from the collective memory rather fast. And we have a very different look from that game.

==

Thank you for the feedback so far, gents!

Anyone else, if you haven't weighed in and have a preference, please do let me know.

Chase
Chase

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Big Daddy » Sat Jan 05, 2019 8:35 am

Sub-Zero wrote:Idk I would feel kind of weird being on here in public. No offense of course, but I like to keep this stuff as private as possible, I only use gc when I'm at home or in a bathroom if I'm out.

How my suggestion would not make your life better, then? The way I see it, you feel exactly like I do, and I feel most members are like us. Especially if the name is changing to something more "in your face" such as Skilled Seducer.

If it was a discreet layout (most of these forum software have a boring default layout on mobile especially -- they strip the images, logos and such to load faster) you could browse it on the subway and possibly get an uptick in forum engagement. I try to only browse GC privately to the most of my ability, but even then there have been episodes where I wondered if someone I know had seen the logo/name of the forum.
Big Daddy

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Sub-Zero » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:00 am

I do agree with your suggestion, but I don't know what Chase will do with the site. But I don't use the site unless I know no one is around at all, I even do this with other forums I'm on.

Yeah I try to be on here in private as much as I can because worrying about if someone can see you're on a website about getting girls would not be a good feeling to have.

I'm all for it, but I have no idea how Chase would do it.

And you could still see the Web page address as well.

This forum doesn't scream girls chase and the forum now is kinda low-key , but I still rather be private with this.

Big Daddy wrote:

How my suggestion would not make your life better, then? The way I see it, you feel exactly like I do, and I feel most members are like us. Especially if the name is changing to something more "in your face" such as Skilled Seducer.

If it was a discreet layout (most of these forum software have a boring default layout on mobile especially -- they strip the images, logos and such to load faster) you could browse it on the subway and possibly get an uptick in forum engagement. I try to only browse GC privately to the most of my ability, but even then there have been episodes where I wondered if someone I know had seen the logo/name of the forum.
Sub-Zero

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Rain » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:23 am

Perhaps there's a way to keep this forum as is, and then have the new one as well?

Even so, this forum and the new one could all contain the same threads etc assuming all of this here gets copied over, and then keep this one as low key domain name, low key colours/layout, and the new one can be bright and flashy and they can both have all the exact same topics so you post here it also gets posted there, something like that if that's possible. I don't know if that's too much workload though for Chase etc.
Rain

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Jaimie Richards » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:33 am

Hello gents,

I've been away from active participation on GC for quite a while (and sadly I'm still gonna be for a few weeks at least), but on this particular topic I have some thoughts that I hope might be helpful :)

To get the things I enjoy out of the way, I'd like to say that I really dig the art style and color theme is 10/10.

For the comfort of analysis I've created a compilation of all 7 themes.

https://ibb.co/982tGNp

Now about choosing. I've gathered 5 criteria for comparison of those 7 images:
1. position of the guy
2. how many girls there are
3. where do those gals look
4. text placement
5. placement of his hands.

Ad.1 Position of the guy: In the first two pictures, I do agree that they look like the guy hasn't approached yet (first impression). Because of that, I wouldn't choose them.

Ad.2 Number of chicks: I also strongly agree that two girls are better than three - that intimacy aspect is huge. With three girls, it starts to look as a scene from a movie with our hero moving through the crowded street. Also, less characters makes the drawing feel less cluttered. Last but not least - hooking two girls looks more believable to a newcomer than hooking three (or more).

Ad.3 What the girls are doing: Images 1 and 2 - two girls are absorbed in their chatting while the solo one is watching the scenery. Images 3, 4 and 5 look like a stock photo of some models presenting the new collection or something. There's no interaction there - I agree about the nuances, but as far as I understand the forum should get attention from all new users, not the more knowledgeable and skilled ones. For a beginner, it might look like there's no chemistry at all, because two of them are just looking at the guy and the other one is looking away. Also, the logo won't be huge, so little touch between the girl and the guy may not necessarily be visible. That leaves us with 6 and 7 to choose between.

Ad.4 Text placement: I like both text placements. Both are great - but I believe that placing the text above the picture could also be cool, so I've attached an example.

https://ibb.co/5LsyGNs

Ad.5 Hands placement of the guy: In this regard I'd go with... none. In the first one he's just staring at the ass of the solo girl. In the rest of them he is... handcuffed. Dead-serious first impression. I do understand his hands are placed on his jacket and all, but still - it looks like he's handcuffed. Once you get that impression, it's hard not to imagine that he's an inmate VIP being escorted to his cell by lady officers.

All in all, I would choose either 6 or 7.

Also, could we please do something with his hands? It's really huge IMVHO.

After a quick meditation, I've decided to add my idea - I know, it's not the highest graphic quality, because I'm terrible at drawing and also using Paint. Nevertheless, now it looks like he's holding them and it's more intimate. I really enjoy the outcome. What do you think about this proof of concept??

https://ibb.co/ZLHXBtJ

Last thing (due to the discussion, because when I first saw this topic and the name I liked it and thought it was A-OK): synonyms for the brand name. I've given it a thought and here it goes.
* heartbreaker - sounds negative;
* philanderer - too long;
* rake - sounds like drake and it's too easily associated with some medieval fantasy;
* paramour - it's actually OK;
* wooer - sounds weird;
* boytoy - it may be just me, but it sounds too similar to toy-toy and also sounds like something associated with being dominated.

Other than that, "Moths and Flames" would sound cool, but could also be too misleading, sadly.

However, there's one more thing other than paramour that's been under our radar and it's surprisingly obvious if we think where we are...

What about...

Skilled Amants? :)

(And yes, I'm 100% serious. I think it sounds cool and unique and emphasizes the nature of our place really well.)

All the best in 2019, folks! :)

J.

P.S. If you don't see the images, just click right mouse button on their icons and either open them in a new tab or copy the URL and paste it in a new tab. If that doesn't work, please help me upload it properly - or I just could send you a PM with all 3 images.
P.S.2. I've decided to change imgs into URLs for easier access, but if someone could tell me how to include them properly so they are visible on the boards, I'd be grateful. ;)
Jaimie Richards

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Oh Pry » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:15 pm

Chase.

What about "The Natural" or something that plays off of being a natural since it seems like through your articles, you promote being a natural rather than a PUA or even a seducer.
Number of lays since joining GC: 93

Thank you Chase and Franco!
Oh Pry

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Postby Franco » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:25 pm

If it helps, #6 and #7 get my vote. :)

- Franco
Franco

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hector Papi Castillo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:20 pm

6 or 7, but I like 6 better. It's so clean. Two girls is PERFECT.

As for Skilled Seducer, you really can't come up with a better name. Even a favorite terminology of mine "Romance Artist" that Zan uses is too chees-y for a forum set up. We've always been proud of keep ourselves quite tight into the "get good with GIRLS" genre and try not to be anything but that. Skilled Seducer...it's technical yeah, but oh well.

I understand not everyone is as open with their seduction career as someone like me, but unless you're around social circle people, you really shouldn't care. Some stranger seeing you browsing some website? So? Who cares?

If you're at work, I understand.

If you're at a friend's party and want to see if anyone gave you some last minute tips for the party, I get it.

If a girl is over and you're on your phone...I mean, you shouldn't be on your phone ;)

But guess what -all these scenarios I've been on my phone, even during the days when I wasn't open about my tenure at GC, and I never got caught except for one time and she didn't give a fuck and didn't even say anything, cuz I quickly exited out of it.

Girls only think it's weird if you make it weird (in the unlikely chance you get caught) and if a guy gives you shit, he can go eat a fat dick (and then to be safe for reputation, don't be overt about having your phone out).

Problem solved ;)

Hector
Come with me and I'll teach you to speak your desires; she will listen, she will submit, and then she will be yours.
Hector Papi Castillo

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Postby Grand Pooba » Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:59 pm

Skilled Seducer would be shortened to "SS" in most cases (like GC, or mASF, or RoK does) which I think has an interesting ring to it.
Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Postby Chase » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Thanks to Jaimie for the feedback on the guy looking handcuffed.

I asked Novita to make a few more versions to the #6 and #7 logos. Since it looks like #6 is the winner (also, #7 is a little lopsided, since "Skilled" has fewer letters than "Seducer" and having one word on each side of the logo unbalances it), here are the new hand versions on the old #6:

ADJUSTING TIE

HANDS IN POCKETS

We'll pick a final logo from these too.

Any preference between the two of 'em?

Chase
Chase

Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ambiance » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:51 pm

I like Hands in Pockets- looks more sprezzatura
Always,
Ambiance

Memento Mori
Ambiance

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man

Postby Grand Pooba » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:15 pm

I like hand out of pocket.
Grand Pooba

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder

Postby Lover » Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:47 pm

Hands in pocket
Sexting is one of the most stress relieving actions you can ever do. Probably even more if she also sends nudes

Formerly known as Ajay
Lover

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Jaimie Richards » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Hello,

First of all, very huge thanks to Chase (and also Novita) for upgrading the logo. This one detail has been really bothering me and, in fact, it was the biggest reason for me to post - you just can't unsee what you've seen. :)

Both new logos look absolutely great IMVHO - I love them both, but if I have to choose I'd say: hands in pockets (which currently gives us hands in pockets 3 : 1 hands out of pockets). Adjusting the tie is great because of the details, but there's a couple of factors which make me go hands in pockets:
1. +1 on sprezzatura (cheers @Ambiance);
2. it looks more natural - the girl on the left is holding his arm, so to me it doesn't look like a time to adjust your tie (I know it can happen, but we're talking about a logo which embodies a symbol relevant for the vast majority of time and not some specific instances);
3. sadly I can't check it now (technical difficulties), but I bet less detailed logo would look better on mobile due to the fact that everything would be smaller - therefore, the details would be less visible. As I've written before, I believe that the logo should be simple to make it not too cluttered - and hands in pockets gives us just that.

Thanks again for taking my observations into account :)

Cheers,
J.
Jaimie Richards

Space Monkey
Space Monkey

Postby Space » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:36 pm

@Chase-

Chase wrote:@Space-

I understand, but then it's also vaguer. Very important for me to keep this place focused. If someone asked me "Hey Chase, what is Ask Men about?" or "What's Art of Manliness about?" I couldn't tell you... something something being a man. I know there are a lot of guys who like those sites -- they have more traffic than we do. But I also feel like they're more for entertainment than they are for actual self-improvement. I also want to avoid us trying to be everything to everybody... if you want body-building advice you to go a body-building forum. If you want make-money advice you go to a make-money forum. If you want to get laid or get a girlfriend you go to Girls Chase / Skilled Seducer. Etc.

As for any nearness in name to "Super Seducer"... no, not worried about that. I think they're releasing a second one soon (or have already)? This forum will still be online in 10 years, and I doubt Richard will have Super Seducer 8 out by then or that many people will still be playing the game. Most games fade from the collective memory rather fast. And we have a very different look from that game.

OK, maybe it's just me, or maybe it isn't only for me, you may be bored by my constant references to Mark Manson (even in his earlier pickup days, but after all, Models was last updated in 2016) and Roosh, from where I'm coming from, I simply have to see this journey on a more integrative level, than becoming a Super Seducer or a Skilled Seducer or whatever. I simply can't separate this part of my life out of the big picture. And heck, I'm sure not alone with this. So, something along the lines of personal development for men resonates well with me. And I'm sure not only with me, as this is the theme of my by now boring references, Mark Manson and Roosh, both popular resources. But to add a new one, there's a funnily named site called goodlookingloser.com with subtitles like The Original Hardcore Non-Mainstream Self-Improvement Community. I cannot vouch for its content as I'm not familiar with it, but sure, I dig the description.

As for you the first things come to your mind for the theme self improvement are Ask Men and The Art of Manliness... Ask Men, as far as I recall might have been a bigger name more than a decade ago (with similarly useless advice back then as well), but as their site never comes up in my search results, I think it has became more or less irrelevant by now. The Art of Manliness may have some useful advice on how to tie a tie and how to shave, but I guess I mix that site up with the Art of Charm, which have the more insightful interviews with prominent speakers or educators. I wouldn't put any of these two resources as my start page, but the latter at least comes up in my search results regularly, so I give credit where credit is due. But if I recall correctly, it should be more like The Art of Charm than The Art of Manliness.

We seem to simply see the world through different lenses, but that's OK. It seems to me the same issue as when you mention mainstream media you only mention left leaning CNN, not balancing it with something like more right leaning Fox News, all forgetting than on YouTube, where your presence is just starting up, both are dwarfed by Joe Rogan and most importantly PewDiePie, who may be a major threat to mainstream media as a whole when and if he grows up. Off: If the media bias altogether is so left leaning, then how could Trump win the presidency in your country? The Atlantic has it's moments, again, I wouldn't browse it from it's front page, but some interesting articles come up in my searches.

Anyway, some ideas to the new forum, when and if it materializes:

If it were up to me to run the community, I had a topic structure in between Roosh's forum and the present Girls Chase forum. I find it odd that Roosh's forum doesn't have a section for sex, but maybe a section for family, which Roosh's forum has, would fit here as well. I understand the current focus is well, more focused to include that, but who knows in what directions do you want to enlarge this community, how much do you want to include, what exactly do you want to exclude, and why?

Second, I notice there are redundant subsections here. For example: There is the Lifestyle main forum, where people post everything including travel, fashion, health, and there are the sub-sections of the Lifestyle forum such as Health, Travel, and Fashion, with much less posts, because everyone posts in the main Lifestyle forum for more exposure. I'm guilty of that, too. But it's not only the Lifestlye section. These are subsections for Online Game and journals with a fraction of the exposure, so people tend to post these questions in the main forum sections as well. There was a popular post in the main forum about the STD situation, which should have its place in either Sex or Health if we are consequent, right? Sure, in the main section it got more exposure.

So my idea for the forum structure, on the example of the Lifestlye section. I would ditch the subsections and I had only one level of topics. Like:

- Lifestyle - Health
- Lifestyle -Travel
- Lifestyle - Style
- Lifestyle - Everything Else

I hope you get my idea. Subsections are always less popular. If there is only one level of depth for the sections, every section can get enough popularity. Oh, and one more. I would put the page turn at 10 to 15 posts, not at 30 or at how many at it is now.
Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Postby Space » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:39 am

Space wrote:Anyway, some ideas to the new forum, when and if it materializes:

If it were up to me to run the community, I had a topic structure in between Roosh's forum and the present Girls Chase forum. I find it odd that Roosh's forum doesn't have a section for sex, but maybe a section for family, which Roosh's forum has, would fit here as well. I understand the current focus is well, more focused to include that, but who knows in what directions do you want to enlarge this community, how much do you want to include, what exactly do you want to exclude, and why?

Second, I notice there are redundant subsections here. For example: There is the Lifestyle main forum, where people post everything including travel, fashion, health, and there are the sub-sections of the Lifestyle forum such as Health, Travel, and Fashion, with much less posts, because everyone posts in the main Lifestyle forum for more exposure. I'm guilty of that, too. But it's not only the Lifestlye section. These are subsections for Online Game and journals with a fraction of the exposure, so people tend to post these questions in the main forum sections as well. There was a popular post in the main forum about the STD situation, which should have its place in either Sex or Health if we are consequent, right? Sure, in the main section it got more exposure.

So my idea for the forum structure, on the example of the Lifestlye section. I would ditch the subsections and I had only one level of topics. Like:

- Lifestyle - Health
- Lifestyle -Travel
- Lifestyle - Style
- Lifestyle - Everything Else

I hope you get my idea. Subsections are always less popular. If there is only one level of depth for the sections, every section can get enough popularity. Oh, and one more. I would put the page turn at 10 to 15 posts, not at 30 or at how many at it is now.

OK, I've just discovered that we actually do have a forum section for marriage. Sorry for my ignorance. But it's 2nd level deep, and obviously the forum sections on the 1st level of depth get the most, if not all the attention as I described earlier. Anyway, the section on Roosh's forum cater for marriage, family, raising kids, the whole deal, just to give you an idea. While your subtitle implies it's only about pair dynamics inside a marriage. Which immediately takes second place when a baby arrives (no experience, but this is what they say).
Space

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid

Return to Off Topic

AVAILABLE PROGRAMS

girls chase programs eBook Video Mastery Package Phone Coaching w/ Cody Lyans Email Coaching w/ Cody Lyans