How do you *test* someone as to whether they're a sociopath

Hue

Tribal Elder
Tribal Elder
Title basically says it. I'm familiar with the material on the interesting creatures that sociopaths are and I do not hate them for their perspectives.

Though considering the potential, how would you test one to determine their level of empathy/capacity to feel what they are not?

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Hue,

You never know one is a real psychopath.

but i have spent time with narcissistic people, date narcissistic girls who is not a psychopath but more of like "stupid guy, narcissistic girl" marriage meme, passive aggressive people who really amplify their aggression and gays who are on the other end of the idiotic spectrum.

You know someone is a psychopath when

- you know somewhat they have full emotional control of you and you can't do anything for the most part
- you know somewhat they have part emotional control of you and you can't do anything for the most part
- they are either largely passive aggressive or super nice. (you feel numbed afterawhile with this people.

- if you are self aware, i would say that you see them operate in multiverse universe, and they will force you to cut timelines.

The last point, women operate on this multiverse timeline. Psychopath just operate it on a higher level, as in terms of like forcing the thing, if that's the way to put it, and if that's how i rationalize, or/and the way to explain it.

IT's out there, really. and maybe i am tooting my own ass (though this is also selfdepreciate/to relate to you)

I hope you get the gist of what i am trying to relay.

Zac

Cacc

Space Monkey
space monkey
Look for a pervasive pattern of irresponsibility and deviation from social norms. Do they make fast decisions in dangerous, or morally grey situations. Do they seem to lack an empathy lag/filter and engage in reckless behavior? Are they emotionally unattached and have superficially glib attitude?

Those are good signs.

Ambiance

Modern Human
Modern Human
Know I'm late to this, but just posted something similar: https://boards.girlschase.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=21197

My thought is that empathy and sociopathy are two different spectrums. Sociopaths have varying abilities to get into people's heads for their own reasons. The more adept at reading people/provoking desired responses, the more "dangerous" they are. But there are sociopaths out there who are just dunces when it comes to understanding and handling people. Likewise, there are people out there who both empathize and sympathize with others, just as there are people who only sympathize without understanding (for some reason). And plenty of people in between.

As far as determining the individual demonized as the Sociopath, I'd say it has more to do with sympathy levels than empathy levels. Sociopaths are going to "win" whatever they've determined is worth winning, and other people's feelings pale in comparison. Hence a lack in sympathy. Figuring out if someone has something about themself so worth preserving is the best test I know of for determining a sociopath.
Examples:
- huge desire to always be in control
- huge desire to be superior
- huge desire to be faultless
- huge desire for revenge

Anytime someone takes continual extreme/abnormal action towards preserving a need like this, red flag.

>