Any advice for a "send off" after your relationship has ended?

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
If you and this woman had no history together but you watched her treat your buddy the way she treated you would you want to START a relationship with her knowing what you know?

I think waiting on an apology is a poor criteria for renewing a broken relationship. If you take her back now, she knows you will forgive her....and take advantage of your forgiveness...

silenceinthesnow

Tool-Bearing Hominid
Tool-Bearing Hominid
Hey Fuck This,

Thanks for the reply man, I appreciate it and I like the way you look at it. Knowing what I know now I wouldn't want to start a relationship with her and wouldn't get involved. I think my mind has became very clouded by what happened this past weekend and I found myself very conflicted which is what has gave me doubt.

Its not so much waiting on an apology, because she admitted it was a mistake (which is the criteria you stated in a previous response) and she apologised for the issues. She covered everything I wanted from her to even consider taking her back accept addressing one of the problems directly she only apologised for it but didn't say how she would move forward from it. She spent more time begging for another chance...

A couple weeks back I was reading the article 'If she doesn't meet your needs, Fix it, Tell her, or Cut Bait' because I usually just cut bait if I don't feel my needs are being met and didn't once think of telling the girls in my life to fix it. I started thinking after the last phone call when I told her neither of us would be happy as friends that I didn't tell her how to fix it even when she practically asked how she could. I was debating on whether this would be a good time to use this technique but you're right, it would show that I'll forgive her and she will take advantage of that.

The longer it's been the less clouded my mind has became from last weekend and I've realised I'd be giving her a second chance because I know how much it means to her and not because that's what I want. Just because I believe she was being totally honest in her vulnerable state doesn't mean she deserves a second chance...I've been there, done that and got the t-shirt and I wouldn't start a relationship knowing what I know now.

SilenceintheSnow

>