Ending Abruptly

rush0104

Rookie
Rookie
Try to keep this short:

Dated this girl 12m, but we also dated 9m 2yr before.
We were long distance, but saw each other every weekend pretty much.

We called each other best friend, soulmate, blah blah.. Looked at rings together.

Pretty balanced on relationship power, compliance, and sex was often.

She has 2 close family members who are addicted to drugs. She found a rolled up dollar bill one day when I had spilled some soda all over this bag.
My ex (before this one) did drugs often, which is why I broke it off. The bag just hadn't been cleaned out, nor did I think of it...

I didn't want her to know about the past, and felt like she wouldn't believe me if I told her it was someone elses. So I took the blame...
She frantically breaks it off (3wk ago) over the phone.

I then explain the true story and why I covered it up (2wk ago). She wasn't having it, basically said "Why would you lie to me? I'd never lie to you.."
-Felt damned if I did, damned if I didn't.

I'm suppose to go get my stuff this weekend from her place, which will be 1m post-breakup.

Anything I could say or do to get her back?
Genuinely don't want to be with anyone else, but I am seeing another girl in the meantime - thank you GC ;)
Where do I go from here?
I don't want her to be needy, and she's unwilling to listen. Has a completely altered perception of me unfortunately.

ps. there was no sign or symptom of relationship issue beforehand.. in fact we had an awesome weekend together until this..
pps. she works in HR and is very 'rule based' if that helps understand her personality a little

Thanks a lot guys; genuinely value your insight! Even if it's truly 'you need to move on'.

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Women don't make these decisions rashly. The rolled up bill was the last straw (see what I did there?) You have shown her you would take her back before, so she hard nexted you.

Going forward, I would not give her the privilege of monogamy. I'd predict she is going to have another guy soon, and if that implodes she will be back. Don't contact her for 6 months. At that point, if you do, it should be solely physical. You are downgrading her to a FB.

Based on what YOU said it's her problem. Don't make it your problem.

rush0104

Rookie
Rookie
I literally lol’d when I read the straw sentence. Thanks for the reassurance, it’s a petty thing that I could’ve handled better at the time or prevented, but it’s her problem. She has a brittle spirit, once that I can’t fix or change.

Time to move on to someone hotter & better.

>