She's older than me by a few years. Is it okay to date?

james82

Rookie
Rookie
I met a girl on LoveMe that I really like but the problem is that she’s a few years my senior. Perhaps seven to eight years older. Some people frown upon a May-December affair which is unfortunate for my situation. What I want to know is if it’s okay to date someone older, despite what the majority of people would say.

I’m not usually the type to fall to stereotypes and demands of society but I also don’t want for my girlfriend to get judged in daily basis. I want her to feel comfortable and proud of our relationship. She says she’s okay with our age gap but I know she’s also worried for me too.

My parents tell me that if I’m happy with her then I can go through with the relationship. They don’t mind about her being older. Even my sister who’s about the same age as my girl is okay with it. However, they are telling me to think it through properly because I might be confusing sisterly love to actual affection.

I need advice from others on how to deal with this situation. Should try it out and ignore the judgements of others? Is it okay to date her? It’s not like she’s twice my age. There’ just a significant number between us. What do I do?

BetaBoy

Space Monkey
space monkey
Probably not age wise. What do you mean by sisterly love?

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Think about it this way: would a man who is confident in himself compromise something/someone that makes him happy because society might frown upon it? Because that's what betas do. Y'know the stereotype; gives up all of his friends and hobbies to make his wife happy... nightmare...

I'm dating a woman that has a few years on me, and she's a total sweetheart. Cooks for me, higher sex drive than me, and just a good person overall. She's also setting up a threesome for us with someone my age ;)

I get shit for dating a cougar all of the time, and I have to admit, some of what people say is actually kinda funny. But that's all it is, people talking shit.

You could have a 12-inch dick made of gold that ejaculates money and you'll still have people talkin' shit.

While there are definitely some things in society that you should follow, the bulk of it is just a steaming pile of dung. Treat it like a shit test and ignore the fuck out of it. Anyone that has anything disrespectful to say can kindly delete your number and never talk to you again. Because you don't need that kind of negativity in your life from anyone.

From the post, it sounds like your family is even supportive. Can you ask for more than that?

Do what makes ya happy (within reason, of course... no raw-dogging any hookers lol).

Fuck This

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You aren't giving enough details....Your age matters, especially if you are under 21.

The formula is 1/2 the older one's age +7 is the lower age limit of what is considered "Appropriate"
If she was 26

26/2 = 13
13 +7= 20 for lower age limit

You will notice that the age spread gets wider as people age and age difference matters less.

bd345f3e275b8191007992a1d43278e4--dating-rules-age-difference-quotes.jpg

Regal Tiger

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
Fuck This said:
You aren't giving enough details....Your age matters, especially if you are under 21.

The formula is 1/2 the older one's age +7 is the lower age limit of what is considered "Appropriate"
If she was 26

26/2 = 13
13 +7= 20 for lower age limit

You will notice that the age spread gets wider as people age and age difference matters less.

bd345f3e275b8191007992a1d43278e4--dating-rules-age-difference-quotes.jpg

Society also says that sex is inappropriate for women. Women don't like sex lol. Anything having to do with seduction is wrong, unless it's the advice of "Just be yourself" because that advice is all that works. It's socially appropriate for people to shame men for not thinking that fat chicks are beautiful while the shaming of fat chicks is considered taboo. It's socially appropriate to call our president a rapist for something said in a private conversation but not socially appropriate to call his opponents husband a child molester.

Society is fucking retarded.

>