Wanna test relationship potential? Don't start off being too good

lux7

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
This is something I've been thinking for a while under a few different scenario.
It started only about sex, and now I think it should be applied overall.

I'll be very brief, maybe going a bit deeper if there's any interest.

The last regular girl I had was super cool.
In the beginning.

Only to change a lot later on, both her and the relationship dynamics, as it was getting more and more serious.

The issue there was that she liked me too much -she said I was "almost perfect"- and was tip toeing around me, bending to most my every will and showing only the best trait of her behavior and holding back her true self.

As it was getting more serious, she became more and more "herself", tiptoeing less and less.

So to get to know your partner quickly, ideally, you want to be good, but not amazing either.
Be good, but not to the point she feels the need to appear better than she actually is, or it'll take you ages to get to know the "real" her in a relationship and, sometimes, it might be too late (marriage, children etc.).

Blonde

Space Monkey
space monkey
This is very tricky. I hear the sentence "being too good" way too often and many times I cannot tell it's being helpful. Girls are afraid of showing any emotion and explicitly tell me, that they fear the day they start to like me too much.

The end of such relationship was kind of tragic for me the last time it happened. I think I provided her with so many new emotions (she was very inexperienced), encouraged her and showed her the side she possibly never saw in a guy, that she literally didn't know how to act. When we met the last time on a party, she was there with another guy. I quickly realized what's going on and ignored her. She came to me again and again during that night with "sorry look" on her face and chased me very hard. I stayed cool, didn't correct her or tried to understand her actions, just stated that I lost my interest. She kept sending me messages for a next few days, but I had to cut her off - no contact, no call, no nothing.

I think the way out of being too good is only to become better (so girls think even more irrationally) and each time you meet a girl you like, but you feel she isn't quite at your level of experience or maturity, you let her go little more easier. But I have to admit, sometimes it hurts...

trashKENNUT

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
lux7,

Good stuff man. oh yes.

Female bullshit, yes. :)

Disclaimer: Gender equality! *rolls on the floor at supermarket with feminist and society to show how stupid they are* ;)

Zac

Marty

Cro-Magnon Man
Cro-Magnon Man
You know what I have often thought, it would make things so much easier if you could just have one night off a week.

All the leading and remaining aloof and being alpha gets exhausting, if just one night a week you could be forgiven for letting the mask slip and groveling at her feet, pedestalizing, worshiping her femininity and beauty, you know, all the things that you yearn to do but are not allowed.

Then you could gather strength and recharge for the daily grind of being alpha again. Kind of like having a weekend to recover from work.

>